Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: quoting bug

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    at least its better than debugging java, cobol, AJAX, and SQL all at the same time while reading logs from a webserver 0_o
    I have been having a lot of fun with AJAX lately actually...

    But still, like you were implying, this stuff isn't really that bad. Starting to get a decent grip on it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have been having a lot of fun with AJAX lately actually...

    But still, like you were implying, this stuff isn't really that bad. Starting to get a decent grip on it.
    yep...AJAX is VERY useful as long as its supporting framework is built correctly....my employer (CHUBB Insurance) likes nices bells and whistles but doesnt like open source....they need to realize that is the way things are going, and to be an agile company in regards to technology you need to adopt some of the ways of the more innovative companies (progressive and such)...but when you have a guy like me who can "assimilate" open source with proprietary software then you have a happy medium as long as the old fart architects dont know....Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    yep...AJAX is VERY useful as long as its supporting framework is built correctly....my employer (CHUBB Insurance) likes nices bells and whistles but doesnt like open source....they need to realize that is the way things are going, and to be an agile company in regards to technology you need to adopt some of the ways of the more innovative companies (progressive and such)...but when you have a guy like me who can "assimilate" open source with proprietary software then you have a happy medium as long as the old fart architects dont know....Click here to enlarge
    Do you know a guy who is pretty good with AJAX? There is a modification from VB 3 I want to run on VB4 that heavily utilizes it but I'm nowhere near good enough with it to convert it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you know a guy who is pretty good with AJAX? There is a modification from VB 3 I want to run on VB4 that heavily utilizes it but I'm nowhere near good enough with it to convert it.
    is it a library that your trying to update or a widget?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    is it a library that your trying to update or a widget?
    Don't know, want to look at it? What is your e-mail?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't know, want to look at it? What is your e-mail?
    check your PM

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    ok so can you get this widget to halfway work or is it just not doing anything at all?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ok so can you get this widget to halfway work or is it just not doing anything at all?
    Have not even installed it since it is not compatible with this version. Some people have tried and failed...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Have not even installed it since it is not compatible with this version. Some people have tried and failed...
    see the thing that usually happens is that the functions referenced in the javascript are different version to version....sometimes its the actual methods from the object oriented language using it but that should be easily fixed by adjusting the library in the AJAX or the source library in VB

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    see the thing that usually happens is that the functions referenced in the javascript are different version to version....sometimes its the actual methods from the object oriented language using it but that should be easily fixed by adjusting the library in the AJAX or the source library in VB
    Do you know anyone that could do it?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you know anyone that could do it?
    lol sticky is that a subliminal way of you asking me to do it? Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lol sticky is that a subliminal way of you asking me to do it? Click here to enlarge
    No, not at all. I know it is complex and a lot of work because no one in the VB community has been able to do it yet and there are some talented people in there.

    I really honestly mean if you know someone that could do it I would be more than happy to work with them on this. I have no desire to give you work, simply going off your experience to get pointed in the right direction.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, not at all. I know it is complex and a lot of work because no one in the VB community has been able to do it yet and there are some talented people in there.

    I really honestly mean if you know someone that could do it I would be more than happy to work with them on this. I have no desire to give you work, simply going off your experience to get pointed in the right direction.

    lol...its cool man....ill take a look at the code in my workspace tomorrow and see if i cant point you in the right direction to someoneClick here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,468
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    im lost, you guys are speaking drunken Ojibwe

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lol...its cool man....ill take a look at the code in my workspace tomorrow and see if i cant point you in the right direction to someoneClick here to enlarge
    Thank you Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im lost, you guys are speaking drunken Ojibwe
    lol...most people will be unless youve taken a programming course....so dont feel too bad about it....its like an old latin language...lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •