Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Where engine technology and the automobile going IMO.

I was bored so I decided to put this little chart together. It's really simple, this is my opinion on what is happening to engine technology.

The graph is self explanatory, we live in 2010; so enjoy it while it lasts.

What is your opinion on the subject?

Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lmao, damn i better hold on to all my cars quick then. in 20 years im not gonna be one of those driving a prius. nuhhh uh.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty accurate graph but the down slope should be more abrupt with more shots at green douchebags.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very true. Will we see more engineers like Paul Rosche in BMW or Ferdiand Porsche in general automobile engineering? of course not. And it's not just automotive engineering, the whole idea of being innovative and discovering undiscovered things is not as powerful as before.

For example the space war between USSR and USA, how awesome it was? very awesome and i'm sure we won't see such things in future. Or how Nazi's tried to push the limits back in WWII. Is there anything developed as awesome as the V1/2 Rocket in nowadays? I don't recall anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you for this, I laughed my ass off haha
    Click here to enlarge
    Bimmers + Chipotle + Beautiful Women = Life is Good

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why is there no star in 1972 through 1985 or so in the "$#@!ry" and other areas toward the bottom.

In related news, did anyone see the ferarri article regarding their need to make hybrids across the line to meet emissions requirements?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    In related news, did anyone see the ferarri article regarding their need to make hybrids across the line to meet emissions requirements?
    Link it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why is there no star in 1972 through 1985
    My thoughts too... The graph doesn't depict the Malaise Days of 200hp Corvettes brought on by emissions controls and high gas prices. Thankfully we aren't back there yet with the current cars being offered.

If the Porsche 918 is any indication of what's coming our way with an eye towards being eco-friendly, I'm not at all concerned except for the price.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just realized BMW is headed in FI-only direction. Every BMW sold in the US is FI, except for the 128i and M3. Those two are soon to change over as well. Something seems odd about having no NA BMW choice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    lmao, damn i better hold on to all my cars quick then. in 20 years im not gonna be one of those driving a prius. nuhhh uh.
    Just realized, I said that the day my GTI got totaled. Coincidence?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Just realized BMW is headed in FI-only direction. Every BMW sold in the US is FI, except for the 128i and M3. Those two are soon to change over as well. Something seems odd about having no NA BMW choice
    Sure makes this domain name seem like a good choice, eh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sure makes this domain name seem like a good choice, eh?
    Smart move, for sure.

BMW going FI across the board can explain some of recent rise in tuners wars in the BMW aftermarket world. Companies like ESS are fighting over the market for the last NA car from BMW. With all current/future BMW's coming from factory FI, they are left with no kits to develop. They don't like to see competitors building quality equipment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Smart move, for sure.

BMW going FI across the board can explain some of recent rise in tuners wars in the BMW aftermarket world. Companies like ESS are fighting over the market for the last NA car from BMW. With all current/future BMW's coming from factory FI, they are left with no kits to develop. They don't like to see competitors building quality equipment.
    No they definitely do not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Link it...
    It's the Enzo replacement. a ~800HP V12 is going to pair with two electric motors. one in front powers AC, windows... and one is in driveshaft which boosts up the power to around 900.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Link it...
    First of all...don't tell me what to do.

Second...here is the link oh captain my captain. http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/262371/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First of all...don't tell me what to do.

Second...here is the link oh captain my captain. http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/262371/
    Click here to enlarge