Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 124
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    mofo are you stupid. The 650i is 20,000 more than the e550 Coupe. Not in the same league at all.
    U talkin to sticky?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    to e92. he thinks the e class coupe and the 6 series are on the same price range


    e350 starts at 48k
    e 550 coupe starts at 55k


    no v6 6 series
    650i starts at 78k


    Clearly this two cars are not competing with each other.
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    E550 Coupe - $55,450

    650i - $78,450 (out-going model)

    I will take the E550 Coupe all day long. Every time I see a white one coming down the road, it makes me want one so bad.

    The front of the new 6-series does not look good at all.


    Oh and the E-coupe cost less than the E-sedan. You hear that BMW, the coupe cost less than the sedan, you idiots?! 3-series pricing is $#@!ed up.
    Ya, the 6 series is definitely more money.

    The reason the E-coupe costs less than the E-sedan is due to sharing 40% or so of its components with the C-class.

    The 6 series doesn't share parts like that with the 3.

    Despite the price difference, they are still the closest competitors to one another. The CL is another league being a different type of car with pricing that goes up to just under $200k.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ya, the 6 series is definitely more money.
    I think for that reason alone it will lose a lot of sales to the new E-coupe. When the E550 gets the ttV8, it will be hard to justify spending $23k more on the 6-series. Mercedes just needs an AMG E-coupe and they will be on roll. The M6 use to have that glorious V10 to lure in buyers, but that is a thing of the past. Some would use the old "bmw handling" argument, but let’s be real the 6-series isn't exactly your weekend track car.

    Never really thought about what a great business move making the E-class Coupe was, genius really.

    Yeah I don't put the CL in this class, it is definitely in a different league.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I think for that reason alone it will lose a lot of sales to the new E-coupe. When the E550 gets the ttV8, it will be hard to justify spending $23k more on the 6-series. Mercedes just needs an AMG E-coupe and they will be on roll. The M6 use to have that glorious V10 to lure in buyers, but that is a thing of the past. Some would use the old "bmw handling" argument, but let’s be real the 6-series isn't exactly your weekend track car.

    Never really thought about what a great business move making the E-class Coupe was, genius really.

    Yeah I don't put the CL in this class, it is definitely in a different league.
    The 6 was kind of a disappointment in the handling and weight department. It's heavier than the E, doesn't really handle much better. The E coupe is a great value in comparison and with the motors Mercedes is putting out and not scared of putting in each chassis.

    What does not make sense is Nissan gets the GTR to handle so well with its weight why is the 6 so poor comparatively?

    The E-class coupe is just a replacement for the CLK, where is the genius?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    so its E550 vs 650 vs S5

    its only logical if the E class is compared to the A5

    A5 vs E350

    S5 vs E550
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    so its E550 vs 650 vs S5

    its only logical if the E class is compared to the A5

    A5 vs E350

    S5 vs E550
    That's only because there is a gap in the Audi lineup.

    No doubt the A7 will be compared with the 6 gran coupe and the CLS.

    Something like the RS5 I don't see being compared with the M6 or E AMG.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's only because there is a gap in the Audi lineup.

    No doubt the A7 will be compared with the 6 gran coupe and the CLS.

    Something like the RS5 I don't see being compared with the M6 or E AMG.
    how about when they put the TT V8 in 2012 on the RS5

    price wise the RS5 is very close to the M6 and the E63
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^ That will blur things a bit.

    Right now the RS5 is aimed at the M3, if they take it further upscale in performance it will be the main rival for the C coupe then likely.

    The E and the 6 will continue to square off.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The E-class coupe is just a replacement for the CLK, where is the genius?
    The E-coupe just seems like a bigger and a more upscale car than the CLK. I never really put the CLK on the same level as the 6-series.

    I think the genius part comes in, when Benz has a 6-series competitor for over $20k less. Plus the E-coupe options/packages offers literally almost every car gadget known to man, for little money. The car really is a great package, especially when it gets the 4.7 ttV8.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    The E-coupe just seems like a bigger and a more upscale car than the CLK. I never really put the CLK on the same level as the 6-series.
    I see what you mean, just kind of funny how a label changes things.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I think the genius part comes in, when Benz has a 6-series competitor for over $20k less. Plus the E-coupe options/packages offers literally almost every car gadget known to man, for little money. The car really is a great package, especially when it gets the 4.7 ttV8.
    Yep, when it gets the 4.7 liter and especially when it gets the 5.5. Mercedes is crushing BMW right now and it is just going to get worse.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    thats why I got a little exited about the rumors of a 5 series coupe. To me it meant a Coupe M5 which would get the TT V8 from the sedan. Imagine that.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    thats why I got a little exited about the rumors of a 5 series coupe. To me it meant a Coupe M5 which would get the TT V8 from the sedan. Imagine that.
    Hahah, man, I still don't get it. You are describing an M6. A coupe M5 would just be the same thing but styled differently.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hahah, man, I still don't get it. You are describing an M6. A coupe M5 would just be the same thing but styled differently.
    I think maybe he is talking about a 5 series coupe or M5 coupe that is more affordable like Benz E-coupe.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I think maybe he is talking about a 5 series coupe or M5 coupe that is more affordable like Benz E-coupe.
    Why would it be any more affordable though? Just because it would be an M5 coupe would not make it any cheaper vs. an M6, same basic underpinnings and drivetrain anyway.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why would it be any more affordable though? Just because it would be an M5 coupe would not make it any cheaper vs. an M6, same basic underpinnings and drivetrain anyway.
    Well, it could be done like the 3-series, where coupe is only a couple grand more than the sedan. Right now the 650 is $78k vs 550 is $59k.

    In the case of the E-coupe it is cheaper than the sedan.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Well, it could be done like the 3-series, where coupe is only a couple grand more than the sedan. Right now the 650 is $78k vs 550 is $59k.

    In the case of the E-coupe it is cheaper than the sedan.

    Smart man. At least one of you got it.
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Well, it could be done like the 3-series, where coupe is only a couple grand more than the sedan. Right now the 650 is $78k vs 550 is $59k.

    In the case of the E-coupe it is cheaper than the sedan.
    As I mentioned, that is because the E-coupe shared a good number of parts with the C-class.

    The only way it could be done with the 5 would be to not make it completely based on the 5 but borrow almost half from the 3 series.

    The E-coupe is really a CLK successor.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    As I mentioned, that is because the E-coupe shared a good number of parts with the C-class.

    The only way it could be done with the 5 would be to not make it completely based on the 5 but borrow almost half from the 3 series.

    The E-coupe is really a CLK successor.
    If they can make 3-series coupe only a couple grand more than the sedan. There is no reason a 5-coupe should cost $20k more.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,439
    Rep Points
    2,602.0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It's more than a couple grand more for the 3 series coupe. It was a few grand more while I was shopping.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    If they can make 3-series coupe only a couple grand more than the sedan. There is no reason a 5-coupe should cost $20k more.
    A 550i is $59,700. A coupe would be $65,000 or so, base, more than the E550 still. The 6 is more expensive for whatever reason but a 5 coupe and a 6 would be redundant. It would have to be one or the other, not both. And considering the 6 is here a 5 coupe does not make sense as it would be the same thing.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    It's more than a couple grand more for the 3 series coupe. It was a few grand more while I was shopping.
    335Coupe- $43,150 335sedan-$41,1000

    Doesnt even come close to the almost $20,000 difference with 650 and 550.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,439
    Rep Points
    2,602.0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    335Coupe- $43,150 335sedan-$41,1000
    You're right. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I think got lost somewhere between the base price and my window sticker saying over $52k

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Its seems there could be even more room for a mid-range level BMW coupe/vert. Announced today BMW has raised the price of the 650i convertible by $6k, to $91,375. I'm sure the coupe will go up equally in price.

    Expect the M6 to get a hefty price bump also.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    650 to $91k? They are out of their minds.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •