Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Hi Sticky, to explain the situation a bit. Im Icelandic and so is angelicO-, I have met him twice though which is funny since there are only 300,000+ Icelanders in total. However we are/were members of the same Icelandic BMW forum (www.bmwkraftur.is/forum)

I live in Luxembourg which is about 80 Miles away from the famous Nurburgring and also about 85 Miles from SPA Francorchamps, so I have gone quite oftern up there to drive. Every now and again some crazy Icelanders bring their cars all the way to continental Europe to drive on the tracks close to me. This means driving 600 miles to a boat, that then takes them to Bergen in Norway, and then driving about 1000 Miles down to the Nurbrugring... hehe.. crazy.
    Cool stuff man, good to have members from Iceland here. I like how our international group is shaping up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there an update on this Sveinn ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No.... Hopefully something will be done this weekend
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great, keep us posted. I am eager to see how this rebuild turns out powerwise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I am seriously worried that the world supply of Oil will run out before this engine rebuild gets done Click here to enlarge It has taken some time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Either that or cars running on gasoline will be banned by then......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, well... good things usually happen over a long period of time, i believe with the parts and labor involved in this project that you will be more than satisfied with the results... i refuse to believe otherwise Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by angelic0- Click here to enlarge
    yes, well... good things usually happen over a long period of time, i believe with the parts and labor involved in this project that you will be more than satisfied with the results... i refuse to believe otherwise Click here to enlarge
    Ah, the angel has faith, how charming Click here to enlarge

HEROIC build, man! No experience you just dove in and sorted all this out yourself? And so many times back to the drawing board and still got it to this point, awesome. Congrats on the result and kudos on the effort into this beauty..
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Viktor i know you and Gunnar are friends but even given that fact you surely realise that this has taken way too long! A quality build does not need to take more than a fiew days. First of all it took only a day to kill the engine but almost 6 weeks to remove it and longer to diagnose the damage. Then finally after i got the go-ahead to order the pistons I did it instantly, albeit we got the wrong pistons delivered which slowed us down for some weeks. However it was very frustrating to see that once the build was supposed to really start Gunnar realised that the rod bearings were done for, which he should have figured out months ago, that is if he would have bothered to take the blown motor a part to diagnose the damage. This also stallled the rebuild.

Im sure the end result will be satisfactory or even more, but rebuilding an engine does not take this long. Keep in mind that we are talking about a fully designed ad functional setup where nothing needs to be re-designed or fabricated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me and Gunnar are merely old neighbors Click here to enlarge buddies at the most and i know i would be furious if this had happened to my car.

I also know that as soon as i would have seen the first two dyno sheets i would have started to inspect for malfunctions.

I am trying to be neutral here, but i support your side 100% and have done since i got news of the motor blow-up.

My previous comment was only to try to reflect positive thoughts, as negative thoughts consume way more energy than postive ones.

Gunnar is highly skilled, but i think he has taken more on his hands than he can handle, school and other work.

This was most supposedly to be his trophy tune and he wanted to do well, but it resulted in the disaster it was.

He is trying to make up for his fault which we have to award him for, but the time it is taking is obviously too long.

If it were me, this is something i would've tried to get off my shoulders as soon and quickly as possible since i believe this can't affect Gunnars' studies (school) in any way but bad.

However i wish you all the best, and hope i get to ride with you sometime. I will be traveling through Europe next summer so chances are good, granting that you are willing to take it for a spin and serve me coffee when i ride through Luxembourg Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just want my car back and its frustrating to see that its not getting the full effort from Gunnar, I know that he had school/work but there has been plenty of free time in my opinion to have finished the build months ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, i would have though this was something he would want to get off the table as soon as possible, to relieve himself of stress...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am afraid to ask Click here to enlarge but did it get finished over the weekend ? are there any pictures ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Way to optimistic..

The valves are now adjusted and Vanos timed in. "Longblock" is therefore ready except the valve-cover which is being modified for some extra oil-venting.

I am really hoping that Gunnar will work on the car in one weeks time, but this weekend (unfortunatly for me, but I am happy for him) he will be with Cosworth at Magny Cours in France working.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

More pics
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No updates, hoping for some work to be done at the end of this week. It will be great to see the engine back in the car and ready for Tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never understood why the Sxx engines never got self adjusting hydraulic lifters before S62...

Looking forward to see the updates here Sveinn... are the estimated hp figures rated higher than before or are we just going for a mild tune ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I've never understood why the Sxx engines never got self adjusting hydraulic lifters before S62...

Looking forward to see the updates here Sveinn... are the estimated hp figures rated higher than before or are we just going for a mild tune ?
    I think we will have to find out, if there is backpressure build up above 18psi then I will want to stay well below that. Last time around i was running 12psi 470hp/560nm, for bragging rights it would be nice to see 500hp.. but I do not want to run it at the maximum potential power level because I want t to last! Max potential might be 550hp/700nm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A little bird whispered to me that this would be the magic weekend...

Really hope we get an update on this...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So.... anything...? all this silence is killing me !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

So.... anything...? all this silence is killing me !
    I agree it is causing many to weep
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nothing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Incredible, i am amazed you have not sought legal action on this matter...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Incredible, i am amazed you have not sought legal action on this matter...
    Legal action why?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Legal action why?
    Probably refering to the fact that the person doing the rebuild is the one who killed the engine in the first place, and the fact that this has been ongoing for the past 8-9 months.

Legal action is not needed, I consider us to be friends and friends work things out

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast