Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Basic upgrade order

Sorry if it's been covered but since the knowledge base is still evolving, I thought i would ask -- assuming software is first on the list, is there any collective wisdom on which upgrades to make next (for horsepower) on a 335is/s? Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you want the most horsepower for the least money: Tune > Meth > Nitrous > DCI > Downpipes > Intercooler > Rest of exhaust > Lightened Clutch/Flywheel > Light Wheels/Tires

Diverter valves/Blow off valve may be needed if you start leaking boost past a certain pressure.

If you want to avoid injecting meth and/or nitrous: Tune > DCI > Intercooler > Downpipes > Rest of exhaust > Lightened Clutch/Flywheel > Light Wheels/Tires

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    If you want the most horsepower for the least money: Tune > Meth > Nitrous > DCI > Downpipes > Intercooler > Rest of exhaust > Lightened Clutch/Flywheel > Light Wheels/Tires

Diverter valves/Blow off valve may be needed if you start leaking boost past a certain pressure.

If you want to avoid injecting meth and/or nitrous: Tune > DCI > Intercooler > Downpipes > Rest of exhaust > Lightened Clutch/Flywheel > Light Wheels/Tires
    that about sums it up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks -- anyone know how much power the DCT transmission can take and remain reliable?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good question
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom335is Click here to enlarge
    Thanks -- anyone know how much power the DCT transmission can take and remain reliable?
    Lol find out and let us know!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would go:
    OCC, FMIC, Tune, intake, downpipes, charge pipe and BOV, new rims and tires, LSD, exhaust.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Personally now that I have the tune and the dual cone intakes, my next step is upgraded brakes, better tires, and maybe a larger oil cooler than I have with the sport package. The differences in approach will depend on what you want to do with the car. If you want to take it to the drag strip, by all means up the hp. If you want to take it to a track, I believe the weakness will be in the tires, the brakes, and the oil temperature before getting more hp. What's your mission?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom335is Click here to enlarge
    440 pound-feet.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you cant go for that much power then with the n54, the early high torque will kill it without those SSP discs huh? 440 lb ft comes usually with 400-430 hp, doable on stock turbos.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    you cant go for that much power then with the n54, the early high torque will kill it without those SSP discs huh? 440 lb ft comes usually with 400-430 hp, doable on stock turbos.
    I don't think anyone with a DCT needs to worry on the N54 with the stock turbos. It can take more of a beating than people realize.

If you want nitrous and to push it, you will need to upgrade the discs. Also if you want to use launch control all the time...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so.. i've been looking around for some sedan 335's found a couple. but one thing that haunts me is the HPFP. will i need to get an after market one?

i want to do the same basic mods as i did with my gti... chip, intake, dowpipe/exhaust, intercooler. as far as i know my friends have had a couple n54 and their cars went into limp mode cause of the chip and the HPFP. keep me posted pleasee
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    there is no "cure" for hpfp. just more of them, i have not had the horror stories most have, and im one of, if not the most modded.. hey, if you want a coupe, you can buy my car, cheap Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    there is no "cure" for hpfp. just more of them, i have not had the horror stories most have, and im one of, if not the most modded.. hey, if you want a coupe, you can buy my car, cheap Click here to enlarge
    so there is no after market HPFP. it just dies out when it feels the need to. and if it does warrantly wouldnt cover it if i had all the mods listed above on it i'm guessing. what would i need to do if somethign like this did happen and if failed.

for now i gotta see what my price range is.. coupe is my fav but is pricier than the sedan:/
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    so there is no after market HPFP. it just dies out when it feels the need to. and if it does warrantly wouldnt cover it if i had all the mods listed above on it i'm guessing. what would i need to do if somethign like this did happen and if failed.

for now i gotta see what my price range is.. coupe is my fav but is pricier than the sedan:/
    correct, no aftermarket hpfp at this time. for people that have it fail, they need to de-mod and go to dealer(extend warranty for 110k miles i believe), or replace on their own $.

($25,500 fully loaded and fully modded, but i have 82k miles Click here to enlarge )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    correct, no aftermarket hpfp at this time. for people that have it fail, they need to de-mod and go to dealer(extend warranty for 110k miles i believe), or replace on their own $.

($25,500 fully loaded and fully modded, but i have 82k miles Click here to enlarge )
    ugh, no after market HPFP.. why didnt anybody make this. they would have made a fortune.. that is the only thing holding me back. what the hell *face palm*

25k is not too shabby. is it 6speed manual? dont you have the RB turbos too?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The HPFP deal isn't as bad as people make it out to be......

It would be like not buying a Jetta because of coil-packs that randomly fail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The HPFP deal isn't as bad as people make it out to be......

It would be like not buying a Jetta because of coil-packs that randomly fail.
    lol we'll that happend to my gti.the coil was only 40 bucks.

i for sure know a HPFP for a bimmer will not be less than 1k. esp when it needs to be installed by a profesh.
    and i have to de-mod my car just because of it... if i want to go with warranty. so either way its gonna be pricey if that does go down. burn.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If your vehicle has the wrong pump it is recalled anyway, regardless of mod status.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ugh, no after market HPFP.. why didnt anybody make this. they would have made a fortune.. that is the only thing holding me back. what the hell *face palm*

25k is not too shabby. is it 6speed manual? dont you have the RB turbos too?
    yup, RB turbos's meth FBO, LSD, everyhting you could want.. and as for hpfp, original was replaced at 44k miles, ive owned the car since 48k miles and im still on that one.. im 6AT btw Click here to enlarge

the pump itself i believe is about $3-400 and probably about the same for install if not doing it yourself, which there are DIY on that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yup, RB turbos's meth FBO, LSD, everyhting you could want.. and as for hpfp, original was replaced at 44k miles, ive owned the car since 48k miles and im still on that one.. im 6AT btw Click here to enlarge

the pump itself i believe is about $3-400 and probably about the same for install if not doing it yourself, which there are DIY on that
    damn dude, that is a healthy mod list. if you were 6speed manual i prob wouldnt have to think twice about this deal man. Click here to enlarge

but damn thats crazy cheap.. 3-400 for that part haha. i'll check out the DIY right now. i reallywant a 335 instead of the s4. the s4 interior is sooo old style even my gti was sexier and i favored it more..
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If your vehicle has the wrong pump it is recalled anyway, regardless of mod status.
    ohh so there was also a recall on the pumps huh.. hmmz so i gotta make sure the car i get is set with the right one.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ohh so there was also a recall on the pumps huh.. hmmz so i gotta make sure the car i get is set with the right one.
    even if you didnt, and the car is out of normal warranty, you would still go get the latest, modded or not they have to give it to you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    even if you didnt, and the car is out of normal warranty, you would still go get the latest, modded or not they have to give it to you
    Exactly.

People make this out to be much of a bigger deal than it is. They HAVE to check out your pump and replace it if necessary (if not the latest pump type, I think 943 or something), regardless of whether you have mods of not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you guys. That changed my mind that there was a recall on them. sounds like a plan and hopefully i can finance one soon before school
    Burger Motorsports