Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

e46blackknights's E46 M3 nitrous setup

thanks man, I am so surprised on how fast this car is on spray. Its like a whole new beast

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any more info you can share on your nitrous setup? Is it direct port?

Why no bottle heater?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Similar to direct port but we have two nozzles and each sprays into three throttle bodies evenly. I have a stand alone fuel pump for just the nitrous too because of the stock fuel system being so inadequate. I do have a bottle heater as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46blackknight Click here to enlarge
    Similar to direct port but we have two nozzles and each sprays into three throttle bodies evenly. I have a stand alone fuel pump for just the nitrous too because of the stock fuel system being so inadequate. I do have a bottle heater as well.
    Good call on the stand alone fuel system and heater. The stock fuel system can handle the static flow requirements, but it can't handle the activation demands...and you can't tune the nitrous system AFR with the OEM FPR in place.

I'm still a little confused as to what you did with the nozzles. Did you mount the bracket inside the manifold, then run 2 bulkhead fittings to feed the nitrous and fuel in?

If the nozzles are facing forward like in the picture, you really want to read the plugs and watch the timing mark on the plug straps on cylinders number 2 and 5. You're AFRs may be fine, but 2 out of 6 cylinders are making more power than the others. If you flow test the manifold off of the engine measuring condensed fuel distribution through each intake runner you'd see what I mean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vids of this setup in action here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-to-the-wheels

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have any dyno's with the nitrous in action?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I m not sure of which direction they are pointed cause I took pics of it outside the manifold. He built all this to custom fit inside so no one would see it and it would be stealth. Ya I know what you mean about the 2 nozzle part and thats why I have nt went up in shot because of that. We estimate even when I switch over to direct port it will only be able to go up a little because of timing so I am going to sell this setup and switch over to turbo soon. I love it but it is at its potential and I want more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I m not sure of which direction they are pointed cause I took pics of it outside the manifold. He built all this to custom fit inside so no one would see it and it would be stealth. Ya I know what you mean about the 2 nozzle part and thats why I have nt went up in shot because of that. We estimate even when I switch over to direct port it will only be able to go up a little because of timing so I am going to sell this setup and switch over to turbo soon. I love it but it is at its potential and I want more.
    Direct port is going to be awesome, when you planning on the making the switch? Care to document it for us? I would love to see it and give it some coverage as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ya I sure will

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice vids and documenting! but judging by your launch or lack thereof I'd say you're not running optimally especially for a 100 shot. W/ my single fogger 75 shot I always get the jump from a roll from the surge of torque on anything short of ls3 vettes. I regularly run 8.1 2.0 60' @91 in the 1/8th and hit a 12.2 2.0 60' @ 117 in my z4m. I'm also wondering if those runs were consecutive runs w/o a warmer? if that's so every run should have dropped you by at least 50lbs. so if you started at 750, which is still proabably only 1/2 power b/c of your rich status you would have been around 600psi

my only mods
    zex basic wet 75 shot
    muffler delete
    RPI filter scoop
    AA tune
    toyo r888 only good for 2.0 60' =(

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by krnnerdboy Click here to enlarge
    nice vids and documenting! but judging by your launch or lack thereof I'd say you're not running optimally especially for a 100 shot. W/ my single fogger 75 shot I always get the jump from a roll from the surge of torque on anything short of ls3 vettes. I regularly run 8.1 2.0 60' @91 in the 1/8th and hit a 12.2 2.0 60' @ 117 in my z4m. I'm also wondering if those runs were consecutive runs w/o a warmer? if that's so every run should have dropped you by at least 50lbs. so if you started at 750, which is still proabably only 1/2 power b/c of your rich status you would have been around 600psi

my only mods
    zex basic wet 75 shot
    muffler delete
    RPI filter scoop
    AA tune
    toyo r888 only good for 2.0 60' =(
    Do you have any slips to show us?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I only have my 1/8th slips...it's been month since I made it out to the 1/4...if theyre still relevant I'll more than happily post them once I get back from dominica =P

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by krnnerdboy Click here to enlarge
    I only have my 1/8th slips...it's been month since I made it out to the 1/4...if theyre still relevant I'll more than happily post them once I get back from dominica =P
    Please do, 1/8's are fine as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to know more details on the mounting of the nozzles. seems like all that hardware inside the plenum would mess with the airflow and distribution. Also how your guaranteeing that 1-3 and 4-6 are getting even spray... I'm kinda confused, but it is pretty stealthy. Much more so than mine, LMAO!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogshooter Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to know more details on the mounting of the nozzles. seems like all that hardware inside the plenum would mess with the airflow and distribution. Also how your guaranteeing that 1-3 and 4-6 are getting even spray... I'm kinda confused, but it is pretty stealthy. Much more so than mine, LMAO!
    It looks like his goal was primarily for it to be be a stealthy setup, you can't even tell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's up on the turbo, Jeremy?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wish I could tell ya but havent got any farther along with it being thats its like 20 degrees, how have you been ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wish I could tell ya but havent got any farther along with it being thats its like 20 degrees, how have you been ?
    Doing well considering my location. Dying to get home for some R&R.

Diggin' the vids running meth. Good stuff.

Are you having a local shop do a custom turbo install? What's your plans for getting it tuned? Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

We'll have to meet up when I get back. I haven't been able to drive my car much in years and looking to see what's going on in Indy. You seem to be in the scene, so to speak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    YA man if you have a cell phone or email let me know cause I know a magazine thats intested in shooting your car and doing a feature on it. My email is indyrpme46bmw@yahoo.com if you want to email me your info and I can help get you a feature in the mag and I wanted to shoot some video of your car as well. thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool. Email sent.