Close

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    454
    Rep Points
    559.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No

    BMW scanner 2.0.1?

    Anyone ever used one of these things? I'm just looking for a good scantool that can also do some recoding. I've found that some of the less known scantools can be very powerful. I'm just curious if this could be one of them. If not, where could I find a decent setup capable of recoding modules for less than $400? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Maybe I'm wrong here but kind of sounds like a BT tool is what you are looking for?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    454
    Rep Points
    559.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Is that the burger motorsport one or the bavarian technic? I like the Bavarian technic tool, but the pro model is expensive if all you want to do is recode one module. I really just want to be able to check/clear codes and get rid of the seatbelt chime. with my old VW I could reode the instrument cluster to UK and that would get rid of the seatblet chime, and the key in the ignition chime along with the lights on chime. That made it nice and quiet. I just wish there was a way to do it for this car. I wear my seatbelt always, but I put it on after starting the car.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Is that the burger motorsport one or the bavarian technic?
    Burger sells the Bavarian Technic one.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    I really just want to be able to check/clear codes and get rid of the seatbelt chime.
    I'm just not familiar with another option, the BT tool is the most well known. Maybe someone else knows? Try pm'ing EAS as well, they may have something.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    454
    Rep Points
    559.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I emailed Terry at Burger Motorsport, and he was able to guide me in the right direction. I'll try their can-tool first and pick up a JB4 while I'm at it! Now of course, I will not install said product, since I'll be taking my car in for a pesky miss when accelerating while the engine is cold. I'm thinking injectors might be the culprit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    I emailed Terry at Burger Motorsport, and he was able to guide me in the right direction. I'll try their can-tool first and pick up a JB4 while I'm at it! Now of course, I will not install said product, since I'll be taking my car in for a pesky miss when accelerating while the engine is cold. I'm thinking injectors might be the culprit.
    good choice.. you wont be dissapointed

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •