Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BMW scanner 2.0.1?

Anyone ever used one of these things? I'm just looking for a good scantool that can also do some recoding. I've found that some of the less known scantools can be very powerful. I'm just curious if this could be one of them. If not, where could I find a decent setup capable of recoding modules for less than $400? Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe I'm wrong here but kind of sounds like a BT tool is what you are looking for?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is that the burger motorsport one or the bavarian technic? I like the Bavarian technic tool, but the pro model is expensive if all you want to do is recode one module. I really just want to be able to check/clear codes and get rid of the seatbelt chime. with my old VW I could reode the instrument cluster to UK and that would get rid of the seatblet chime, and the key in the ignition chime along with the lights on chime. That made it nice and quiet. I just wish there was a way to do it for this car. I wear my seatbelt always, but I put it on after starting the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Is that the burger motorsport one or the bavarian technic?
    Burger sells the Bavarian Technic one.

I really just want to be able to check/clear codes and get rid of the seatbelt chime.
    I'm just not familiar with another option, the BT tool is the most well known. Maybe someone else knows? Try pm'ing EAS as well, they may have something.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I emailed Terry at Burger Motorsport, and he was able to guide me in the right direction. I'll try their can-tool first and pick up a JB4 while I'm at it! Now of course, I will not install said product, since I'll be taking my car in for a pesky miss when accelerating while the engine is cold. I'm thinking injectors might be the culprit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I emailed Terry at Burger Motorsport, and he was able to guide me in the right direction. I'll try their can-tool first and pick up a JB4 while I'm at it! Now of course, I will not install said product, since I'll be taking my car in for a pesky miss when accelerating while the engine is cold. I'm thinking injectors might be the culprit.
    good choice.. you wont be dissapointed