Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Texas World Speedway - any pointers for track day

I'm a track day rookie. I just installed a Procede V5 and an Injen Intake on my E93. My employees gave me a gift certificate for two (2) track days at Texas World Speedway. Anyone been there? Any pointers for a rookie?

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have not been there but pointers would be to take it slow and get accustomed to the track.

Also, are you going to be running on street tires?

Make sure you have all the proper safety equipment required as well, don't want to show up and then not pass inspection because you have shorts on.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Have not been there but pointers would be to take it slow and get accustomed to the track.

Also, are you going to be running on street tires?

Make sure you have all the proper safety equipment required as well, don't want to show up and then not pass inspection because you have shorts on.
    I will be with an instructor. It is my understanding that they start out with a classroom session followed by the instructor showing the student around the track so taking it slow would seem to be a given. I am going to go on street tires, but will probably purchase a new set prior to going. Any suggestions for a good blend? What safety equipment would I need to take with me. I understand about the clothing, but is there anything else that you would think would be required to take?

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It depends on what size your rims are and how much you are willing to spend. If you don't intend to get in the habit of tracking I would recommend a cheap set you can beat up on to get a feel for.

I would have to see the rules for the event as each event has its own safety regulations. Some require an extinguisher or specific types of restrains so just a good idea to check in advance.

With an instructor and a classroom session you are going to be fine, right way to do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The event is performance driver training on a road course. The only safety requirements are a helmet (which can be rented) and closed toe shoes. There is no racing. My rims are 18" as I have the original sport package. I was thinking about VREDESTEIN TIRE ULTRAC SESSANTA's since I have seen good reviews and they are not very expensive. Any comments on those?

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Centex Hokie Click here to enlarge
    The event is performance driver training on a road course. The only safety requirements are a helmet (which can be rented) and closed toe shoes. There is no racing. My rims are 18" as I have the original sport package. I was thinking about VREDESTEIN TIRE ULTRAC SESSANTA's since I have seen good reviews and they are not very expensive. Any comments on those?

Thanks.
    Perfect, helmet and close toe shows. You got it down and if it the helmet can be rented makes it that much easier.

The Vredstein ultrac sessenta's are still a street tire. They are about on par with a PS2, maybe better even. People love them but you may want to look into a dedicated track tire if you intend to have different sets for the street and track.