Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No offence to the EPL or AWD guys for that matter but why not spend US$600 more andbuy the RB's knowing the waist gates are not gonna give you problems. Its like a insurance policy in my books and since they can go at any time its a no brainer in my books especially when taking into account the labour rates you guys pay for work done on your cars.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    No offence to the EPL or AWD guys for that matter but why not spend US$600 more andbuy the RB's knowing the waist gates are not gonna give you problems. Its like a insurance policy in my books and since they can go at any time its a no brainer in my books especially when taking into account the labour rates you guys pay for work done on your cars.
    EPL didnt do my work....matt@camber-toe did....plus the RB basically JUST came out to everyone....ive had my set since early summer....i wouldnt have really even gotten a chance to drive it since i put my vert away for the winter if i chose the RBs...plus im going single turbo aways Click here to enlarge...this was just to hold me over

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    right, this is on racegas. its actually quite impressive for a stock exhaust wheel. look how much better the dyno is than helix or other companies who use the stock turbine. i dont think awd motorsports was trying to break records, they're local here in south florida, they know of the asr turbos, i also overheard awd asked shiv when he was tuning the car if they would make more power with this set up than asr. shiv replied that it was impossible with the stock wheel and that the billet comp wheel is really only useful for bigger turbos where spool up time is an issue. so either way, no records broken, but definitely a huge gain over stock, especially above 6000 revs. i'd be curious to race one of these kits and see the differences.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    No offence to the EPL or AWD guys for that matter but why not spend US$600 more andbuy the RB's knowing the waist gates are not gonna give you problems. Its like a insurance policy in my books and since they can go at any time its a no brainer in my books especially when taking into account the labour rates you guys pay for work done on your cars.
    exactly

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I am glad other people are realizing what a joke these things are. Over at e90 its the typical "omg" "wow" "amazing" posts. People don't even know wtf they are looking at.
    did you expect anything less? Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    they only rev it to 6k? cant compare topend if they hide the last 1k rpm...
    may..be it..s.. cause.. they sti...ill had some mi.. mi... mi..miss... fires Click here to enlarge and a whole lot of boost taper..

    i have no experience with AWD, but from the looks of their marketing approach, (450hp? and held boost till redline?) it doesnt seem like they are 100% honest in what they are saying

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yea held 18.5 psi till redline.. Race gas and a m5 nozzle used... Talking serious smack at your 502 LM and your joke of a boost controller tune lmfao if they had a clue
    JB4LIFE

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    819.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    es divertido leer en e90post al vendedor de turbosClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Yea held 18.5 psi till redline.. Race gas and a m5 nozzle used... Talking serious smack at your 502 LM and your joke of a boost controller tune lmfao if they had a clue
    and no mention of a baseline dyno, WTF kinda $#@! they trying to pull Click here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Lmao!
    JB4LIFE

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    93.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    AWD made some insane cars , 162 mph evo and much more , the only thing they $#@!ed up with is advertising it too quick, like Helix did, I'm sure they will shut everyones mouths after the holidays with their final testings.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    89
    Rep Points
    87.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i'm interested to see what their final numbers will be and track/highway race results. until then i'm just gonna take their optimism with a grain of salt.

    in regards to their baseline 335is dyno being high, has anyone else dyno'd their 335is? i sorta figured they should dyno ~300rwhp as they come with more boost stock right? aren't they rated at like 335hp or something?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    AWD made some insane cars , 162 mph evo and much more , the only thing they $#@!ed up with is advertising it too quick, like Helix did, I'm sure they will shut everyones mouths after the holidays with their final testings.
    Not sure about that, i think were gonna find how quick that clipped hot side is going to show it's weakness..
    JB4LIFE

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    pairing up with Shiv says it all to their marketing.. Shiv claims "stock v5 auto maps" yet it was custom tuned by the shiv? and still cant rev past 6k? ok.. im sorry, 435hp on 110 oct and meth @ 18psi? not much of an upgrade..

    At leat Helix upgrade is done on a Mustang dyno and wht 16psi? bring old AWDmotorsports over here, im sure we would love to hear the explanations on poor results..

    oh, BTW, and retards over on E90 wanna chime in here with the "WHOA DUDE SO BADASS! NICE NUMBERS!" $#@! can go buy these things and wonder why the get smoked by a tune only stocker N54.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    oh, BTW, and retards over on E90 wanna chime in here with the "WHOA DUDE SO BADASS! NICE NUMBERS!" $#@! can go buy these things and wonder why the get smoked by a tune only stocker N54.
    You don't see any of them in this thread, all is quiet. Also Shiv hasn't come running over to defend the numbers. They sure were quick to jump in the procede thread and make it 50 pages long. But I can hear crickets in this thread.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Bad plugs prevented them from going past 6k.. The next day they replaced them but shiv had already left
    JB4LIFE

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So he was unable to tune again on new plugs..
    JB4LIFE

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    No offence to the EPL or AWD guys for that matter but why not spend US$600 more andbuy the RB's knowing the waist gates are not gonna give you problems. Its like a insurance policy in my books and since they can go at any time its a no brainer in my books especially when taking into account the labour rates you guys pay for work done on your cars.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    exactly
    hey hey now...no need to bash the EPL units...they came out first and i didnt feel like waiting that was all....plus they do more than enough of what i need to be able to produce ballpark numbers of the RBs...i agree the RBs were made better BUT im very impatient and when i want something I want them now and the RBs automatically fell off the radar for me when i heard how long it was gonna be....plus anyway im sure my next just pump dyno should produce better numbers with the right plugs this time and the throttle blade not closing on me mid pull.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^ can't wait to see it Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Bad plugs prevented them from going past 6k.. The next day they replaced them but shiv had already left
    i call bull$#@!, no way he would have left, you can run to autozone or the dealer, pickup plugs, swap and keep going, if he was that vested to come on down CUSTOM tune a car, then he can wait the hour to do the job right.. if you believe any of this, well, ive got more than a bridge for sale.

    you didnt see me tell any of this BS when i hit the dyno. yea, i think i could have done better with new plugs, (i didnt have any misfires either, because im not running procede) that didnt stop me from posting #'s. I didnt have T fly out to custom tune my car, (and then claim its off the shelf map!?) how is that even possible. Yes, I sent logs, because i dont know what im looking at to raise boost and what else on the Jb3 stuff. Never did I claim "stock" tune. I just dont get the retards that blindly follow this crap. I might be a JB whore, but c'mon E90fags and prosuckers, are they REALLY this blind, or REALLY this dumb?


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    hey hey now...no need to bash the EPL units...they came out first and i didnt feel like waiting that was all....plus they do more than enough of what i need to be able to produce ballpark numbers of the RBs...i agree the RBs were made better BUT im very impatient and when i want something I want them now and the RBs automatically fell off the radar for me when i heard how long it was gonna be....plus anyway im sure my next just pump dyno should produce better numbers with the right plugs this time and the throttle blade not closing on me mid pull.
    I dont mean ny disrespect to you or your brand, i know you were like me, you wanted them "NOW" and EPL was the only option. and they are doing great for you. but even with everything else being equal, the wastegates give it the edge.
    Last edited by LostMarine; 12-22-2010 at 12:15 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Don't shoot the messenger Click here to enlarge I don't believe it either
    JB4LIFE

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Colinas, TX
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    185.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So was shiv there tuning the car or overseeing the dyno? On e90 he makes it seem like autotune takes care of it all...... If that were the case, why the need to be there tuning?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I would like to see some logs and duty cycles of some sort to see how hard it is for these to hold that much boost up top
    JB4LIFE

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    47.6
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RambleJ535 Click here to enlarge
    So was shiv there tuning the car or overseeing the dyno? On e90 he makes it seem like autotune takes care of it all...... If that were the case, why the need to be there tuning?
    Just doing the pulls and looking at data. The only "tuning" I did was turn on the speed delimiter half way into the session. I also managed to do a dyno pull in NA mode... 200whp!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Colinas, TX
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    185.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Just doing the pulls and looking at data. The only "tuning" I did was turn on the speed delimiter half way into the session. I also managed to do a dyno pull in NA mode... 200whp!
    Nice!
    To be honest, I really don't understand the need for an NA mode. Valets don't drive the car far and if I let someone drive my car, its obviously someone I trust.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,971
    Rep Points
    5,649.0
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RambleJ535 Click here to enlarge
    Nice!
    To be honest, I really don't understand the need for an NA mode. Valets don't drive the car far and if I let someone drive my car, its obviously someone I trust.
    well i have that program on my car. its called valet mode. doesnt let boost go over 4psi, makes the car suuuuuuuuuper slow and cant go over 65 mph.

    even if you dont go to valet that often.. when i gave my car to body shop i forgot to put it in valet mode. and i'm guessing they had a little fun with my car and bent a rim. so i put it into valet mode and got a new rim from them as well.

    you cant trust everyone.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Colinas, TX
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    185.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    well i have that program on my car. its called valet mode. doesnt let boost go over 4psi, makes the car suuuuuuuuuper slow and cant go over 65 mph.

    even if you dont go to valet that often.. when i gave my car to body shop i forgot to put it in valet mode. and i'm guessing they had a little fun with my car and bent a rim. so i put it into valet mode and got a new rim from them as well.

    you cant trust everyone.
    And how often is your car in the shop? I just don't see the value of this. Buts my .02 take it as you will.
    Its probably a wasted feature on 95% of the cars. And the people who probably have used it was just for $#@!s and giggles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •