Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A paper I wrote on US interference in Iran and the CIA overthrow of the government

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Government actions from the 50's and even further back have a huge impact on today, I do not believe it is far fetched at all. Do I need to bring up the Koreas?
    So true. It's really easy to see this all the way back to the beginning of the 20th century and WWI and its causes (and further if you care to). If it weren't for WWI, and the way things were handled at the conclusion, there wouldn't have been a Hitler and a WWII. If it weren't for what happened in WWII there would be no CIA. And so on. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. And you know what they say: those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Sadly, you can see cycles all throughout human history. Each time though, things do seem happen a bit differently, just not always for the best.

For example, after WWI the US had "beat guns back into plowshares" and pretty much neglected the military. We didn't want to think we'd have to go through that again. But then WWII happened, and after that war we didn't neglect the military but in fact, kept building our military and intelligence capabilities. Of course, with the terrible new weapons that had been developed, we pretty much had to and we had emerged from WWII in much better world standing than before. So, it's almost a given that organizations like the CIA (and others) would be set up. We learned our lesson that we had to put more emphasis on intelligence gathering. I guess the military/intelligence/industrial power was so great that the temptation to use it for meddling in other countries was too hard to resist.

I still put the onus of the bad things that happen when you do this (as always does) on those who are supposed to be in control of the government at the time rather than those who work at the CIA. The folks over at Langley probably said "sure, we can train the Afghanistans and their Mujahadeen to give the Soviets a hard time". After all boys will be boys. But the President could have said no (I suppose they wanted payback for Viet Nam and Korea though). Thus, we now have to live with the likes of Bin Laden. But the CIA knows this and did advise caution lest something like a Bin Laden be unleashed.

Now back to the 50's. Eisenhower was the supreme General during WWII so you'd think he would have had the CIA reigned in. But maybe he just wasn't cut out for all the hard-ball, slimy, political in-fighting that happens in DC. I don't know. Some obviously didn't see all the ramifications for the future. But if they did, I wonder if they would they have done things different?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ersin Click here to enlarge
    So true. It's really easy to see this all the way back to the beginning of the 20th century and WWI and its causes (and further if you care to). If it weren't for WWI, and the way things were handled at the conclusion, there wouldn't have been a Hitler and a WWII. If it weren't for what happened in WWII there would be no CIA. And so on. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. And you know what they say: those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Sadly, you can see cycles all throughout human history. Each time though, things do seem happen a bit differently, just not always for the best.
    Exactly correct and yes, very true Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    stupid sarbazi. I'm pretty sure there is a way to pay someone for it. lol

Are you in school? i know sarbazi is a lot easier if you have a degree or something.
    yes it's easier but not for me , i got a degree from university when i turned 23 , then i had to go to Sarbazi but i ran in very first days so it's not that easy for me. if i turn myself in my sarbazi period won't be less than 6 years!!!
    i'm working on traditional iranian way , pay this guy, that guy and everyone to solve this mess

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Just out of curiosity HeroSina, where do you live now? Are you in Tehran? The anti filtering programs you use, can they track you down and what happens if they find out you are snooping around the internet?
    Ask whatever you want sir. They can't track you because anti filtering programs do something which i don't understand but as the result it seems you use another server . for example if someone track my pc , he thinks i live in Huston,TX ,that's how these programs work.
    but recently thanks to Nokia-Siemens the government has a tool that can track you even if you use anti filtering programs. there is a another way to access free internet and that's using internet directly with a dish , put a normal satellite dish on your roof , connect it to your pc and no one can filter you but they can track even with a simple radio because of the waves you receive.
    if they track you one of these 2 conditions will happen , 1. you are a powerful person , or you are rich so they can do nothing 2. you are none of these , so they will charge you and put you in jail.
    and Yes i live in Tehran

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    i'm working on traditional iranian way , pay this guy, that guy and everyone to solve this mess
    You think the American way is any different?

Pay this lawyer, pay that lawyer, pay this fine, pay that fine...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You think the American way is any different?

Pay this lawyer, pay that lawyer, pay this fine, pay that fine...
    sounds like home to me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123