But you said....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    I will as soon as I get it back from the shop Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha I planned on getting some parts for my car after I got back from Vegas, but right now I guess I'm more worried about getting my car properly working. For Xmas, I was going to get some dp's and a meth kit installed in my car! Click here to enlarge

Question: I removed all the mods from my car, read codes and I got 29DC (2,9,13,12), 29F2 (2, 9, 15, 2), 30FF (3, 0, 15, 15) (No clue where that came from), then I cleared the codes, and drove around a bit to see if I could recreate the limp mode. I drove regularly and when I went to get on the highway I was in 4th gear and noticed a rumbling then when I shifted to 5th gear, I felt a little more prominent rumbling then I got the half engine light and limp mode thing. Then I got the first 2 codes again (29DC, and 29F2). Do those codes match up with a HPFP issue? Because I can't seem to find 29F2 anywhere, the 29DC is cylinder injection switch off...and the 30FF is a fume issue...Just curious...but my car did straight up say "Fuel Pump Malfunction" when I turned the car off just now and told me to take it in. So I assume it's correct, just wanted to be positive on a hunch...thanks guys. I know I'm pretty new but I don't think the flaming was as bad as it could have been, and you guys are always incredibly helpful! Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by hworang00; 12-19-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Added second set of codes...
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have a fault code list here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ault-Code-List

Sure seems to be HPFP related.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Got my car back, everything is fixed, when I get back from a family vacation, time for DP's and a meth kit...should be fun! that's my real christmas hehe...thanks for all the help and minimal $#@! talking haha hope everyone has an awesome holiday season!

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What they do?
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just replaced my HPFP and some electrical unit (unrelated issue that randomly cropped up around the same time)...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh that's good Click here to enlarge now enjoy the jb4 on map 1 lol
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey, every mistake results in a learning opportunity - the key is to take advantage of the new found knowledge. If anything, others can benefit from your experiments! Thanks for sharing them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 on map 1! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got my car back, everything is fixed, when I get back from a family vacation, time for DP's and a meth kit...should be fun! that's my real christmas hehe...thanks for all the help and minimal $#@! talking haha hope everyone has an awesome holiday season!
    Awesome! Glad it was all resolved and now don't do that again! Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I won't do it again! It scared the $#@! out of me the first time, won't do it another time. hahaha, awww Terry, no map 2? Don't punish me for putting it on map 7 Click here to enlarge hahaha...I do make sure I have at least 93 octane in the tank though... >_< haha...i'll be emailing you more when I get the DP's in...hopefully within the month of January.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just replaced my HPFP and some electrical unit (unrelated issue that randomly cropped up around the same time)...
    Try find out if the electrical unit is a pressure sender unit. They might say its some electrical unit but there is a possibility they are changing HPFP's when its the fuel pressure unit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I won't do it again! It scared the $#@! out of me the first time, won't do it another time. hahaha, awww Terry, no map 2? Don't punish me for putting it on map 7 Click here to enlarge hahaha...I do make sure I have at least 93 octane in the tank though... >_< haha...i'll be emailing you more when I get the DP's in...hopefully within the month of January.
    Send me a log on map 1 and we can talk. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im loving map one right now, doing a 50mph pull in third gear and still spinning your tires is damn impressive... plus its just so smooth, the more i drive it the more i notice Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm assuming the higher map you go with the incorrect mods, you will have a hp/tq curve like that of an earthquake's Richter scale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12