Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GIAC stage 2 race

According to GIAC my car will not be slower but same if not faster with full bolt ons + meth than jb3 or procede v4 , I was wondering if anyone has experience with both ? is more boost always means more power ? or it depends on tune also ? I'm not interested in the fact that you can't resell GIAC and that jb3 and v4 has gauges and stuff. Just straight line power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Contact Mr.5 I believe He's had experience with both tunes (GIAC/JB3) He currently runs GIAC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks i will =] , anyone else had an experience ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

You'll be a little slower as you're limited to 16.5-17psi, and also won't have meth integration, but people don't go with GIAC for all out performance. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mr.5 put down, 418whp and 428wtq on dynojet

91 Octane
    GIAC Stage 2+
    Active Autowerke IC
    Macht Schnell DPs
    Mr. 5 Intake with Scoops
    AE Exhaust with High Flow Cats
    Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0oh Because I've seen FBO + meth making around same whp as Jb3 or Vishnu, and what do you mean there's no meth integration ? so 16.5 17 psi is around 1 - 1.5 psi less than Jb3 right ? GIAC told me that against jb3 or v4 with same psi GIAC is always running stronger ? I'm asking because I want to hear people with experience going from 1 tune to another not to start a war but just because there's so little info about the flash online , and I've always been a bigger fan of a flash than a piggyback, but don't want to sacrifice power either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I've just seen mr.5's 3 runs were 422 , 423, and 424 whp on a dyno jet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    As I've just seen mr.5's 3 runs were 422 , 423, and 424 whp on a dyno jet.
    I believe that was with his Beta Stage 2 Race. He did another set of dynos later. Numbers were not too far off the Beta.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=stage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh I see

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    0oh Because I've seen FBO + meth making around same whp as Jb3 or Vishnu, and what do you mean there's no meth integration ? so 16.5 17 psi is around 1 - 1.5 psi less than Jb3 right ? GIAC told me that against jb3 or v4 with same psi GIAC is always running stronger ? I'm asking because I want to hear people with experience going from 1 tune to another not to start a war but just because there's so little info about the flash online , and I've always been a bigger fan of a flash than a piggyback, but don't want to sacrifice power either.
    GIAC is a fine tune but generally has not been putting up the big piggyback numbers at the track or dyno. For example a couple weeks ago I ran a best of 120mph while Craig ran a best of 115mph. Both cars had seats out, and I think he could have done a little better with a better clutch. But you get the idea. The time before I think he did 118mph to my 122mph. If you want max power that isn't the best route. If you want a set it and forget it kind of thing and don't care about warranty flash is a nice way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol I don't care about track because I suck I've managed to run 13.01 at 109mp/h FBO+meth lmao even though my car was VERY quick with 15 ohm resistors, as long as I can pass most amg's on the highway lol IDK I'm going to $#@!ing shoot myself or sell this car because I mod it more than I actually enjoy it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You'll be a little slower as you're limited to 16.5-17psi, and also won't have meth integration, but people don't go with GIAC for all out performance. Click here to enlarge
    Why is meth integration not possible?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Meth integration requires a signal from the meth controller informing the tuning of how much methanol is flowing in to the engine, so the tuning can adjust as needed. Without that information the only safe way to run methanol on the tuning end is to limit timing back so far that you're not getting any power with it. Which would defeat the purpose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

There is no need for meth integration with Giac as it runs the same boost as the std stage 2 which runs on 91 octane. Just timing table is a bit more aggressive.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Meth integration requires a signal from the meth controller informing the tuning of how much methanol is flowing in to the engine, so the tuning can adjust as needed. Without that information the only safe way to run methanol on the tuning end is to limit timing back so far that you're not getting any power with it. Which would defeat the purpose.
    Doesn't Mr.5 run meth successfully though and get gains?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Full bolt on here. I recently decided it would be fun to try the GIAC stage 2 / 2plus flash. I went for it (currently not using meth on the car). The 91 oct. stage 2 flash is so dissapointing that I'm getting it flashed back to stock and putting the v5 back in.

Before I do it, I'm going to put some 100 oct. in it and sample the race map. The pro's of it to me were that it is very smooth - feels like stock. The torque curve seems to come on later in the rpm range too. You have to hit over 3-3.5k to really even notice the flash. Also, I had the install work done for free. However the stock map, stg2 map, stg2 plus map, and mapswitcher ran me $1450.

I don't like the way it targets boost either. These are just my opinions - some may like the benefits of this flash being a "set it and forget it thing".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

so what is the downside?
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Full bolt on here. I recently decided it would be fun to try the GIAC stage 2 / 2plus flash. I went for it (currently not using meth on the car). The 91 oct. stage 2 flash is so dissapointing that I'm getting it flashed back to stock and putting the v5 back in.

Before I do it, I'm going to put some 100 oct. in it and sample the race map. The pro's of it to me were that it is very smooth - feels like stock. The torque curve seems to come on later in the rpm range too. You have to hit over 3-3.5k to really even notice the flash. Also, I had the install work done for free. However the stock map, stg2 map, stg2 plus map, and mapswitcher ran me $1450.

I don't like the way it targets boost either. These are just my opinions - some may like the benefits of this flash being a "set it and forget it thing".
    so what was so disappointing? just curious since my buddy has the GIAC stage2+ tune
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Wow, really didn't like it? Just felt slow?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Felt slow and smooth, again, no dyno or logs to prove - just an opinion based on the enjoyment of driving it vs. both the jb and v4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Update: Still not going to stay with this flash but I like it a lot more than I first did. For starters, it woke up once I finally put my AE exhaust back on. Even with all other bolt on's, it didn't seem to take to the OE cats (This is per GIAC's guidelines anyway - I was ignoring it at first).

Second. I drove around on a tank of 100 oct. with the race map. That was actually pretty killer (But what tune on 100 oct isn't ?) - I'm sure that if I ran meth / 91oct. on the race map I would be sufficiently happy.

Still getting my money back - just didn't want to come off to harsh unnecessarily. Also, in regards to the 91 oct map. Call me crazy but does the car need to adapt after WOT's with a flash? It "seems" like it did. Probably my imagination

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Update: Still not going to stay with this flash but I like it a lot more than I first did. For starters, it woke up once I finally put my AE exhaust back on. Even with all other bolt on's, it didn't seem to take to the OE cats (This is per GIAC's guidelines anyway - I was ignoring it at first).

Second. I drove around on a tank of 100 oct. with the race map. That was actually pretty killer (But what tune on 100 oct isn't ?) - I'm sure that if I ran meth / 91oct. on the race map I would be sufficiently happy.

Still getting my money back - just didn't want to come off to harsh unnecessarily. Also, in regards to the 91 oct map. Call me crazy but does the car need to adapt after WOT's with a flash? It "seems" like it did. Probably my imagination
    Yep, probably your imagination... sill glad to hear you liked it a bit better after some time with it than you did at first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

There is some adaptation with the flash as well.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge