Close

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

its so funny that so much driver credit is given in this day of dct or automatic cars. Start in the correct gear and click at the redline, there is no launch rpm,slipping the clutch, speed in and out of the gates!! its from a roll so how does the driver make a big difference unless the car is a stick???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    its so funny that so much driver credit is given in this day of dct or automatic cars. Start in the correct gear and click at the redline, there is no launch rpm,slipping the clutch, speed in and out of the gates!! its from a roll so how does the driver make a big difference unless the car is a stick???
    Being in the right gear I guess? You make a good point, driver in auto or DCT does not matter too much.

I believe some of the cars he raced were manual though where if the driver sucked it certainly could mean he won.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    One of our clk500 ran 13 flat @ 106 so how does a stock clk550 does low 13's @ 109 ? thats 3mph in 1/4 faster than a clk500 with less power.
    You obviously are confused. Anyone who makes this kind of comment is truely clueless or someone who couldn't afford an AMG and is making comments to make himself feel better.
    clk550 is a very under rated car because MB didn't want people $#@!ing out from buying clk63 amg.
    You $#@!ing idiot the person who ran a 13 is Buffy from MBWorld and he is modded. So don't insult me by pulling that $#@! on me. A CLK500 does high 13 stock and a CLK550 does low 13 stock. CLK550 is not underrated....I swear man these fanboys
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here this is the CLK500 that you're talking about. IS IT STOCK???? WERE TALKING ABOUT STOCK CARS HERE WHY WOULD YOU COMPARE A MODDED ONE?

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...slip-8879.html
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here are your CLK550 guys...like I said before I have never heard of anyone running a low 12 and the CLK550 is definitely not underrated.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karo Click here to enlarge
    You obviously are confused. Anyone who makes this kind of comment is truely clueless or someone who couldn't afford an AMG and is making comments to make himself feel better.

You $#@!ing idiot the person who ran a 13 is Buffy from MBWorld and he is modded. So don't insult me by pulling that $#@! on me. A CLK500 does high 13 stock and a CLK550 does low 13 stock. CLK550 is not underrated....I swear man these fanboys
    Look, I believe you are correct but let's not totally just trash the guy.

I know it is frustrating especially with a lot of the comments he has made that don't really correlate with real world expectations. We can show him some respect though, he means well and is a guy who is enthusiastic.

This whole thing regarding the CLK and his belief in performance is a bit of an old story since it originated and he was claiming to smoke E92 M3's. We have been waiting on proof since then since it doesn't make sense but we don't need to totally rip into him like this.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Here are your CLK550 guys...like I said before I have never heard of anyone running a low 12 and the CLK550 is definitely not underrated.

True and true. It is a low 13 second car.

It is not underrated at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I know the guy thats a $#@!ing convertible its 250lbs heavier than coupe im mad that i dont have an AMG ? lets check numbers clk550 is faster than clk55AMG so i am not mad by any means.
    I will be doing Vbox run and Dyno this week so i can slap your $#@!ing face with it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Look, I believe you are correct but let's not totally just trash the guy.

I know it is frustrating especially with a lot of the comments he has made that don't really correlate with real world expectations. We can show him some respect though, he means well and is a guy who is enthusiastic.

This whole thing regarding the CLK and his belief in performance is a bit of an old story since it originated and he was claiming to smoke E92 M3's. We have been waiting on proof since then since it doesn't make sense but we don't need to totally rip into him like this.
    I got irritated with the comments made and the constant hardheadedness. I got out of hand and apologize for calling him a Fing idiot..I just can't believe he is trying to act like the CLK500 that did a 13 is stock.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I got irritated with the comments made and the constant hardheadedness. I got out of hand and apologize for calling him a Fing idiot..I just can't believe he is trying to act like the CLK500 that did a 13 is stock.
    I was comparing it to a stock clk550 i never said it was stock, that 500 has 320WTQ and 300WHP with all those modes, clk550 has vay more stock............

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I was comparing it to a stock clk550 i never said it was stock, that 500 has 320WTQ and 300WHP with all those modes, clk550 has vay more stock............
    Yes, but what you are doing is ricer math as stated earlier. No big deal, we will have concrete numbers soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes, but what you are doing is ricer math as stated earlier. No big deal, we will have concrete numbers soon.
    for sure stay tuned already made dyno appointment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

for sure stay tuned already made dyno appointment.
    We will, I need to get your engine section going so you can post the results just not sure if I should group you with the other 55's or not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

We will, I need to get your engine section going so you can post the results just not sure if I should group you with the other 55's or not.
    you can group me with the N/A 55's not the FI ones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know the guy thats a $#@!ing convertible its 250lbs heavier than coupe im mad that i dont have an AMG ? lets check numbers clk550 is faster than clk55AMG so i am not mad by any means.
    I will be doing Vbox run and Dyno this week so i can slap your $#@!ing face with it. Click here to enlarge
    Look again
    One is a coupe and the other is a cabrio. No no, don't compare it to the CLK55 compare it to the CLK63 (clk550 is a very under rated car because MB didn't want people $#@!ing out from buying clk63 amg). The CLK550 and CLK55 aren't that far off.

Your Vbox runs aren't going to mean anything to me because you're not stock. Remember the argument was about stock but I hope you do. I would love to see your dyno. Those SI tunes were great. Surprised why they don't tune anymore.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

guys not for nothing though a stock m3 runs mid to high 12's,if the clk runs low 13's and he has a tune maybe he atleast has a chance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Look again
    One is a coupe and the other is a cabrio. No no, don't compare it to the CLK55 compare it to the CLK63 (clk550 is a very under rated car because MB didn't want people $#@!ing out from buying clk63 amg). The CLK550 and CLK55 aren't that far off.

Your Vbox runs aren't going to mean anything to me because you're not stock. Remember the argument was about stock but I hope you do. I would love to see your dyno. Those SI tunes were great. Surprised why they don't tune anymore.
    no one said 550 is as fast as a clk63 amg but they wanted to keep the numbers appart as far as possible 0-60 show by mercedes is 5.1 where multiple people did it in 4.7-4.8 stock.
    Stock clk is about 2 cars behind with out tune also all clk550's in US run on 91 octane map so you need to ask your dealer to remap it to 93 octane which ads more power to the car which is still stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Going on Dynojet on monday stay tuned for the graph.
    Didn't happen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

you can group me with the N/A 55's not the FI ones.
    I grouped the V8's together and will sort them with a prefix since they are all based on similar architecture. Your motor is an evolution of the M113.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    Didn't happen?
    i called them today made appointment for Thursday they wouldn't take me in such a short notice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    guys not for nothing though a stock m3 runs mid to high 12's,if the clk runs low 13's and he has a tune maybe he atleast has a chance
    True, namely against a manual, but he claimed to beat one when he was stock...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

True, namely against a manual, but he claimed to beat one when he was stock...
    ineed it was a run 40mph to 120.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

no one said 550 is as fast as a clk63 amg but they wanted to keep the numbers appart as far as possible 0-60 show by mercedes is 5.1 where multiple people did it in 4.7-4.8 stock.
    Stock clk is about 2 cars behind with out tune also all clk550's in US run on 91 octane map so you need to ask your dealer to remap it to 93 octane which ads more power to the car which is still stock.
    Of course people are going to run faster than the MB quoted times. That goes for all their cars not just the CLK550, those numbers are conservative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I ran a few stock clk550 vs stock clk550 and would walk them easily by 3+ cars because the driver in that car has no idea how to use the paddle shifters and how to use the adaptive throttle system. If i drove from Nj to washington DC and my car is doing 24mph i can down shift smash that pedal and car moves like a cow because it just adapted to that slow driving and it takes about 20 miles to make it run faster. I reset my ECU before every run meaning car will adapt to the aggressive driving style.
    Last edited by blkclk550; 12-21-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I ran a few stock vs stock clk550 and would walk them easily by 3+ cars
    Dude, I'm sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

It's tough enough to claim you can beat them modded but saying you pulled easily stock is just... come on.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast