Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ESS (esstuning) states they have no plans for a built motor VT3 S65 supercharger setup/kit

Wonder why they abandoned it? They told me in e-mails a while back they planned on doing it and had been developing it/testing it for some time but now they are saying they have no plans?

This leaves basically only Gintani as the only company who is doing this. Just goes to show how difficult it is:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roman@ESS
    Right now we have no current plans to release anything beyond a 625 but we might in the future.
    Interesting, as this is what Roman sent to me in an e-mail in May 2010:

Stage 3 is currently in development / testing and we will provide info when the product is ready for release. This is a project we have been working on for some time. All I can tell you now is we will be releasing a VT3 product and it will make more power than the VT2. Any other details will be shared when the time is right.
    So how much development and testing did they have only to say now they have no plans to release anything? I don't get it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I actually got a ride in a VT3 car with Roman when we met @ SEMA and i was talking to him about the most HP can be achieved out of a SC'd car and he invited me to go to the shop which i did for one day and all what i can say.................it was wicked fast .Roman told me in person that they can build me one anytime i want and its not hard as they have a few kits for testing but havent had time to get it in production versions yet.
    With all that being said ,i was asked not to discuss details about the kit till its in production.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky I don't get you .... If your so curious to know why start a thread asking the question ? why not just call them directly with the question ???
    I was with Sam at SEMA and knew about the production of the VT3 for quit some time but the only difference here is Gintani Peeps like to brag ( like yourself ) and praise .
    ESS let's the product do the talking ( talk is cheap ) ...

I Hope Gintiny fixed this issue
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]
    Last edited by M33; 12-17-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky do you realize there's more vf prototypes running around the streets of la than Gintani kits in the world? You realize there's more vt3 prototypes running around than Gintani stage 3 kits exist? And do you realize Jeremy's tunes have blown just as many s65 motors as Gintani kits exist?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dumdum Click here to enlarge
    Sticky do you realize there's more vf prototypes running around the streets of la than Gintani kits in the world? You realize there's more vt3 prototypes running around than Gintani stage 3 kits exist? And do you realize Jeremy's tunes have blown just as many s65 motors as Gintani kits exist?
    What do u mean by VF prototypes plz ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pics, or it didn't happen.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    I actually got a ride in a VT3 car with Roman when we met @ SEMA and i was talking to him about the most HP can be achieved out of a SC'd car and he invited me to go to the shop which i did for one day and all what i can say.................it was wicked fast .Roman told me in person that they can build me one anytime i want and its not hard as they have a few kits for testing but havent had time to get it in production versions yet.
    With all that being said ,i was asked not to discuss details about the kit till its in production.
    I saw many at bimmerfest.

but I never saw any that was actually running

and I've never seen any in videos.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky I don't get you .... If your so curious to know why start a thread asking the question ? why not just call them directly with the question ???
    I was with Sam at SEMA and knew about the production of the VT3 for quit some time but the only difference here is Gintani Peeps like to brag ( like yourself ) and praise .

http://<a href="http://i905.photobuc...7554f0.jpg</a>
    I don't think Gintani customers brag.....
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    So there was a VT3 car but it has been abandoned? So what happened to that car? No details ever released? If the car exists where is it?

I don't understand, how can they build one when they say they are not releasing one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

http://<a href="http://i905.photobuc...7554f0.jpg</a>
    I have contacted them directly but I no longer trust ESS after they lied to me and showed they do not honor their word. Additionally, this thread was not made just to ask a question but to inform that ESS no longer intends to produce a VT3. This is a BMW car forum after all where relevant information is posted, you know that right?

I'm sorry, what are you talking about? Why are you getting so defensive and taking this negatively. Roman is the one who posted the info.

Talk is cheap and letting the products do the talking? Haha, what? Why are you trying to divert the topic and instead of responding to it start pointing fingers and attacking others? ESS likes to let the products do the talking? Which is why they back out of direct comparisons? You are implying Gintani only talks? Last I checked they have the results to back it up and have impressive performance results thus far? No talk there... that is reality.

You really are a blind fanboy, aren't you? Creating multiple accounts to try to put Gintani/OE down? Blindly following ESS while looking the other way from the inflated dyno results they presented that customers can't hit? Yep, someone does talking, but not who you think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks M33, try posting from your regular account.

More VF prototypes running around than Gintani kits? Huh, what? You are basing this on... what? Invented numbers of prototypes? You mean they don't even have a completed kit yet? You do realize built motor setups have been built by Gintani before VF has even been able to release its stock internal kit? Great example, good job.

More VT3 prototypes running around? You are backing this up with... what? Nothing? We haven't even seen a photo of a built motor ESS setup or anything to say it even exists. If these prototypes were "running around" well, why is ESS abandoning it? I don't think there were any running around and it seems they were not successfully completed if they even got to the prototype stage. It isn't easy to build a built motor low compression setup so I understand. I mean hey, one built motor was blown so far so maybe we will see a successful setup when PencilGeek rebuilds his motor?

Jeremy's tunes have blown motors? Uh, I haven't heard of one and I haven't heard of a single blown motor running the Gintani supercharger. Are you just going to make up anything you can? Kind of sad. How come that great ESS tune blew the stroker motor? That isn't something that was made up Click here to enlarge Whoops...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Where do you get your inflated numbers info from ??
    I put down 349 stock and 529 with vt600 .
    I'm a fanboy ??? Dude your the fanboy my friend , Gintani lieing about the SES being disabled in all of jeremys tunes ... What's up with that ? Pleaseeee enlighten me about being wrong on this ..... I have 2 buddy's that experienced this with their natural asprtd tunes .
    By pointing out out BS when I see it Makes you look like an
    Idiot when you try and cover it ! How are you and your forum helping the BMW community by pushing and covering unsafe tunes ( disabled SES ) ... You have the audacity To sit there and make me
    Look the the bad one .... Please silly tricks are for kids ...
    And if I were in ESS's shoes I wouldn't sell you anything or inform you in that matter cause your the untrustable one !!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where do you get your inflated numbers info from ??
    I put down 349 stock and 529 with vt600 .
    I'm a fanboy ??? Dude your the fanboy my friend , Gintani lieing about the SES being disabled in all of jeremys tunes ... What's up with that ? Pleaseeee enlighten me about being wrong on this ..... I have 2 buddy's that experienced this with their natural asprtd tunes .
    By pointing out out BS when I see it Makes you look like an
    Idiot when you try and cover it ! How are you and your forum helping the BMW community by pushing and covering unsafe tunes ( disabled SES ) ... You have the audacity To sit there and make me
    Look the the bad one .... Please silly tricks are for kids ...
    And if I were in ESS's shoes I wouldn't sell you anything or inform you in that matter cause your the untrustable one !!
    First of all, let's make sure you are sober when you are posting.

Secondly, this thread is about ESS cancelling their VT3 and not being able to come through with it for whatever reason that is. Instead of addressing that issue you attack Gintani. That would be not addressing the issue at hand. Focus, okie dokie?

Yep, you put down 349 stock and 529 with a VT600. ESS claimed 600 whp with 7 psi on pump through the stock exhaust. Where is your missing 70 whp? Who cares, old news, weren't you claiming your car was fast and felt like 600 whp only to get smoked on video and wonder what happened? Calibrate that butt dyno.

No one has disabled anything regarding motor safety, you don't know what you are talking about. You should at least interpret the information you are feeding off from PencilGeek correctly. The SES system was disabled in a car for diagnostic reasons, not the misfire detection system. If you are going to hate, try to hate correctly. You aren't any good at this.

Bud, in your time here you have done nothing but insult everyone and make duplicate accounts thinking you would not get caught going after OE/Gintani. You jump in attempting to put down our vendors and Jeremy at every chance. You claim the ESS car getting smoked by the Z06 happened because the Z06 was not stock yet the owner tells you himself what is done to the car and you dismiss it. You need to pull your head out of your ass.

Yes, I'm so "untrustable." That isn't even a word. But this thread isn't about ESS vs. Gintani as you are trying to make it, time to move on from that and stop being a fanboy. All I'm interested in is the best product and real info. You know, how everything this site states correlates with the real world results thus far? We all know how each kit performs by now. Why don't you explain why ESS has abandoned their built motor setup, you know, the topic at hand? Was it tuning issues with the fuel cutting? Did they never start on it? I would like to know what happened and so would everyone else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hate when vendors announce they are going to release a product and never do. I can appreciate if someone does not announce a product until it is ready to be sold or has been 100% planned for release. Most likely ESS does not want to announce a product until its 100% ready. I think your best bet sticky would be to call them and find out so you can post up facts and not just rumors.

I have seen other vendors like Gintani announce they are selling a product like the E60 M5 supercharger even go as far as having it on their website and at Bimmerfest only to have it go away without ever posting so much as a single dyno. Maybe you can do a story on that project Sticky. I think that is a much better story as that project was officially announced to the public and the last I saw on m5board the customers car they used for R&D was returned to him stock. Or maybe you can do a story on the Gintani stage 3 kit that is on tighties car that has yet to post any dyno or 60-130 times in the past year. This kit is also on the website and as been advertised by Gintani guys a lot as the most powerful M3 ever but no one questions that there is 0 performance data on this kit in the past year ??

I do see a common theme from you Sticky and you seem to like to start a lot of drama threads about ESS and ignore questions about your sponsors like Gintani. As someone who moderates this site you should maybe not be so bias on your opinions of vendors and post facts instead of just your opinions or at least have the balls to question your sponsors. This thread reads like a headline from FOX news. ESS clearly stated they might release another product in the future in the quote you posted and in the email you posted they said its in testing and more info will be released later. How do you turn that into they are not going to ever release another product in the future and they have cancelled anything ??

Please stop it makes you kinda look like an ass..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
    I hate when vendors announce they are going to release a product and never do. I can appreciate if someone does not announce a product until it is ready to be sold or has been 100% planned for release. Most likely ESS does not want to announce a product until its 100% ready. I think your best bet sticky would be to call them and find out so you can post up facts and not just rumors.
    Fact is it was cancelled and they have no plans to release as they themselves stated, what rumor? I did contact them directly about the VT3 setup as the OP shows, so sorry, what are you talking about?

I have seen other vendors like Gintani announce they are selling a product like the E60 M5 supercharger even go as far as having it on their website and at Bimmerfest only to have it go away without ever posting so much as a single dyno. Maybe you can do a story on that project Sticky.
    You obviously haven't been keeping up too closely as if you knew the development car was returned to stock as it was a lease the owner needed back you should know a new development car was sourced. That created a delay but I don't see what problem you have with this? The car is at Gintani right now and when I was there a little over a week ago I saw it in person. So how has it gone away? Maybe thet want to release real dyno results instead of numbers that may not be accurate like others have done? What would you like for them to do, hold your hand? When they are done they will release it, where is your criticism of ESS for not even showing a picture or any updates on their SC setup?

think that is a much better story as that project was officially announced to the public and the last I saw on m5board the customers car they used for R&D was returned to him stock. Or maybe you can do a story on the Gintani stage 3 kit that is on tighties car that has yet to post any dyno or 60-130 times in the past year. This kit is also on the website and as been advertised by Gintani guys a lot as the most powerful M3 ever but no one questions that there is 0 performance data on this kit in the past year ??
    Sorry, is that the topic of this thread? If you want to read about the Gintani Stage 3 why don't you go look at the thread titled Gintani Stage 3? This is about the ESS VT3 setup which unfortunately they had to abandon for whatever reason. Why don't you try and focus on the topic and if you have questions about other kits go ask them where it belongs instead of attempting to attack Gintani which has nothing to do with the topic?

Where is Gintani advertising it as the most powerful M3? Secondly, what are they, on your schedule? They currently have the most powerful E92 M3's out there. Isn't it logical a built motor would be stronger? Be patient, they are completing their project, not abandoning it. Clearly there is a bit of complexity involved as no one else has been able to get as far as they have.

I do see a common theme from you Sticky and you seem to like to start a lot of drama threads about ESS and ignore questions about your sponsors like Gintani.
    Really, what question has been ignored exactly? I see a common theme from you which is not being informed and making baseless accusations that are not relevant to the discussion.

As someone who moderates this site you should maybe not be so bias on your opinions of vendors and post facts instead of just your opinions or at least have the balls to question your sponsors.
    Balls to question my sponsors? You are new here. You might not realize not only do I question my sponsors I have no problem throwing them out if they abuse our users or their customers. Care to back up your biased accusation with something, anything? Just an empty statement with no support.

ESS clearly stated they might release another product in the future in the quote you posted and in the email you posted they said its in testing and more info will be released later. How do you turn that into they are not going to ever release another product in the future and they have cancelled anything ??

Please stop it makes you kinda look like an ass..
    Trouble with reading comprehension?

All I can tell you now is we will be releasing a VT3 product
    Uh, where is the we might release one? That is an emphatic we will be, not a maybe. You do understand the difference between different words and their meaning, don't you?

They haven't cancelled it? Uh, this was posted in late November 2010:

Right now we have no current plans to release anything beyond a 625 but we might in the future.
    Right now, no plans to release anything beyond a VT2-625. So, uh, what happened to the product that they were going to release? It was cancelled since it is no longer coming. They may return to it later. Quite the shift, wouldn't you say?

You obviously need help breaking things down and I would be glad to assist you in the future. Might want to check with me before you post so that you don't end up looking like you do right now.

It is my responsibility to report what is going on in the BMW performance scene and this is an interesting development especially as the S65 platform pushes into higher HP territory. We don't know why they decided to abandon it and I would like to find out. Not my problem ESS decided not to release it, if you have a problem with it take it up with ESS.