Close

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    BMW Vision Efficient Dynamics to come in at $200k

    BMW's hybrid, green "sports car" will reportedly cost around the $200k mark. That is a lot of dough for what is being touted as a supercar. With a hybrid drivetrain and a focus on efficiency, we just don't see this offering the performance a car in the $200k supercar segment should be. Remember, this is a hybrid diesel powertrain with horsepower in the low to mid 300 range. We will not judge it yet and wait for the final product but BMW's sales and marketing director is stating the car will, "redefine how we look at high-performance sports cars." If it doesn't perform like the other $200k offering, chances are we will be looking at other sports cars.


    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    I thought it was 300HP + the electric motors' horsepower. I just hope it beats Audi's electric supercar, my friend will NOT shut up about that thing......

    He is like Footie's cousin or something.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I thought it was 300HP + the electric motors' horsepower. I just hope it beats Audi's electric supercar, my friend will NOT shut up about that thing......

    He is like Footie's cousin or something.
    The specs as I understand them are 328 hp with the electric motors?

    I could care less about the MPG, throw the TT V8 in there and let's get to some serious business.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    They are putting the electric motors on the front wheels and the other motor to power the back wheels, right? I wonder how a tuned 335d motor would work coupled with two 150HP electric motors.......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    I am not sure there is much to compare it too. Yes not the quickest car out there, buy I am sure a ton of R&D has been poured into the project.

    My take on it is, you have to start some where. Think about 10-20 years down the road, when this technology has been perfected and can be done at a cheaper cost. The tech can then be trickled down to lower models.

    62.5 mpg, 31 mile range on electric, 435 mile range on diesel.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I am not sure there is much to compare it too. Yes not the quickest car out there, buy I am sure a ton of R&D has been poured into the project.

    My take on it is, you have to start some where. Think about 10-20 years down the road, when this technology has been perfected and can be done at a cheaper cost. The tech can then be trickled down to lower models.

    62.5 mpg, 31 mile range on electric, 435 mile range on diesel.
    The green specs of it are impressive. We are just performance oriented here and this is not exactly supercar performance. I'm sure it will blow a Prius away.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The green specs of it are impressive. We are just performance oriented here and this is not exactly supercar performance. I'm sure it will blow a Prius away.

    supposedly performance is equal to a e92 m3
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47
    Rep Points
    129.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    At the end of the day all this cars sole purpose is experiment with new technology and the applications of those technologies. Even though this car is expensive I'd be willing to bet that it will be worth a substantial amount in the future as a collectible especially if this sets the benchmark for hybrid technology. Could be interesting...Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    supposedly performance is equal to a e92 m3
    We will see, I think that is a nice goal for a green car but nothing remotely close to what a halo car or supercar should be doing.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gareth.foley Click here to enlarge
    At the end of the day all this cars sole purpose is experiment with new technology and the applications of those technologies. Even though this car is expensive I'd be willing to bet that it will be worth a substantial amount in the future as a collectible especially if this sets the benchmark for hybrid technology. Could be interesting...Click here to enlarge
    True, and that is the best way to look at it. It will be a technology show piece, I just really want to see a true BMW supercar.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,053
    Rep Points
    2,634.3
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    It's nice but not that nice.

    I'd rather see them working on a TT V-10.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge

    I'd rather see them working on a TT V-10.
    Same here, same here.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    I'll take a GT3 RS please. Enough of this greenie tree hugger bs.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •