Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

'05 STI BLOWS MOTOR Vs. Ford GT Supercar and still wins!

This is a video of my STI at the time racing a new Ford GT. My buddy was driving it at the time, it is his fathers, all pulls were done on imperial raceway passed the del taco Click here to enlarge STI was running at the time 110oct leaded gas, 25-26psi out of a rotated GT30R on the stock block, it lasted ~60K miles with this setup before the stock motor let go due to a spun bearing at the top of 4th, as you'll see in the video. I kept in it but all of a sudden i stopped pulling on him and he started catching.

video:

Just got my built motor in and getting tune adjusted to run 30+psi, among other mods so will have better videos soon!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Impressive, your friends have some money lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their fathers have some money, yes Click here to enlarge He was just driving it.. He wishes that was his car! But yeah i do have a couple friends with some pretty nice cars i do admit, when i get a chance i have a buddy with a GTR modded, a new porsche turbo, and a F430 all that ive raced but never got n video (except for porsche) so im gonna go bac to his house one of these days and get all those races on video with my new setup.. Old setup in this race was running about 460whp on 110oct @ 26psi, on C16 and ~31psi i should be about 520whp depeneding on dyno, but i put down 497whp @ 28psi before on C16 with the stock block, so id imagine its a bit higher with 3 more psi, im sure some more timing and a little leaner since its a fully built bottom end, closed decked and all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sweet dude, AWD get the jump?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    actually went from a 30mph roll to ~140ish.. so i started in 2nd him in 1st since his first gear goes to 60 lol.. And that was on the stock block with my 110oct map @ 26 psi. Now have a built motor running c16 @ 30-32psi..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice do you do most of the work yourself ?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stimo Click here to enlarge
    actually went from a 30mph roll to ~140ish.. so i started in 2nd him in 1st since his first gear goes to 60 lol.. And that was on the stock block with my 110oct map @ 26 psi. Now have a built motor running c16 @ 30-32psi..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well i didnt build the motor myself but you can say i installed the motor myself even though i did pay a shop to do it, they never did it corectly so i had tot take it completely apart and start from square one basically (not the motor, just installing motor into car).. But yea i do ALL the work on the car except for electrical, dont mess with electrical, but anything else besides internals im game and do it all..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their fathers have some money, yes Click here to enlarge He was just driving it.. He wishes that was his car! But yeah i do have a couple friends with some pretty nice cars i do admit, when i get a chance i have a buddy with a GTR modded, a new porsche turbo, and a F430 all that ive raced but never got n video (except for porsche) so im gonna go bac to his house one of these days and get all those races on video with my new setup.. Old setup in this race was running about 460whp on 110oct @ 26psi, on C16 and ~31psi i should be about 520whp depeneding on dyno, but i put down 497whp @ 28psi before on C16 with the stock block, so id imagine its a bit higher with 3 more psi, im sure some more timing and a little leaner since its a fully built bottom end, closed decked and all.
    I will camp out at his house when my car is done. Can't wait to wipe that smug look off his face if he has the balls to race... you know how he is.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I took that look away a LONG time ago when the V10 M5 came out and i did a 65mph roll to 140 on the freeway on my stock block setup and pulled him 3 1/2 cars.. He then wanted to go from 80-160 or something and my car literally tops out at 172 6th gear tapped out at 7K, so i told him theres no point i cant and its too dangerous anways, but that shows how badly he didnt want to lose for the first time Click here to enlarge..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I took that look away a LONG time ago when the V10 M5 came out and i did a 65mph roll to 140 on the freeway on my stock block setup and pulled him 3 1/2 cars.. He then wanted to go from 80-160 or something and my car literally tops out at 172 6th gear tapped out at 7K, so i told him theres no point i cant and its too dangerous anways, but that shows how badly he didnt want to lose for the first time Click here to enlarge..
    is this that whack job Amedali you speak of?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    is this that whack job Amedali you speak of?
    No, a different guy with an E60 M5 who has some other toys as well as mentioned in the thread.

Amedali is the guy who used to have an E60 M5 with some Dinan parts and thought it was the fastest thing in the world and he would call himself the "king of Socal." Seriously, I'm not making it up.

Anyway, the guy would talk a ton of $#@! and when I got my M3 a friend of mine set up a race between him and I. He said it was a waste of time blah blah blah but when we ran from a stop I trounced him with my stock M3. He ended up on M5board crying and complaining about it asking WTF happened after spending so much on Dinan parts. It was pretty funny honestly.

Anyway, we would meet up several times after that and after my car got modded to do some runs and one of the times the STI came along and smoked him as well.

He has an IS350 or something now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The guy who used to have an E60 M5 with some Dinan parts and thought it was the fastest thing in the world and he would call himself the "king of Socal." Seriously, I'm not making it up. Anyway, the guy would talk a ton of $#@! and when I got my M3 a friend of mine set up a race between him and I. He said it was a waste of time blah blah blah but when we ran from a stop I trounced him with my stock M3. He ended up on M5board crying and complaining about it asking WTF happened after spending so much on Dinan parts. It was pretty funny honestly. Anyway, we would meet up several times after that and after my car got modded to do some runs and one of the times the STI came along and smoked him as well. He has an IS350 or something now.
    \

Nothing better than wiping the smug look off someone face...the only thing better is getting someone to eat their own words. In this case you did both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gareth.foley Click here to enlarge
    \

Nothing better than wiping the smug look off someone face...the only thing better is getting someone to eat their own words. In this case you did both.
    Yes, but up top his car was definitely quicker. In the 1/4 he didn't stand a chance though. I'm just bummed that he got rid of it and I never got a chance to run it with my blower on, that would have been soooo satisfying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^Im still waiting to run you with your blower on!! whens your car supposed to be back?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^Im still waiting to run you with your blower on!! whens your car supposed to be back?
    It will be a while still, a lot of things changing with the built motor.

I can set up a run for you with an E92 M3 exactly like mine if you want to see what it would be like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol how do i stop recording it... Press the only red $#@!ing button on the top right, like every other camera in the world has.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow crazy outcome in that vid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    lol how do i stop recording it... Press the only red $#@!ing button on the top right, like every other camera in the world has.
    LOL, drunk girl in the passenger to record, what can you do?? lol And not even that, press the same $#@!ing button you pressed to record! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It will be a while still, a lot of things changing with the built motor.

I can set up a run for you with an E92 M3 exactly like mine if you want to see what it would be like.
    yea id definately like to do that, but give me a week cuz my tune is getting re-adjusted wednesday and im going to mammoth to see about a job for the season, if i dont get the job ill be back after christmas so anytime after that but ill let you know!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea id definately like to do that, but give me a week cuz my tune is getting re-adjusted wednesday and im going to mammoth to see about a job for the season, if i dont get the job ill be back after christmas so anytime after that but ill let you know!
    No worries, let me know.