Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    When 600 whp is not 600 whp - img's ESS dyno dynamics results

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and if you run a RB 335, so is the road Click here to enlarge


    kiddin kiddin..
    HAHA, do u think RB 335 will hit 600.08 WHP like mine ?

    Edit by admin: This thread was created from posts in another thread discussing dyno results. We created this to show how dyno results, especially on a dyno dynamics, can show numbers substantially different than what others are getting on mustang's or dynojets. This is to help understand the role correction factor plays especially with Dyno Dynamics Dynos.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    HAHA, do u think RB 335 will hit 600.08 WHP like mine ?
    Your car hasn't hit 600 whp, what are you talking about? Not without meth it hasn't.

    I hope ESS didn't sell you an inflated dyno graph...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    877
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Most likely he went on TheShop's dyno dynamics which openly uses a 1.2 correction (20% over base correction factor)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Most likely he went on TheShop's dyno dynamics which openly uses a 1.2 correction (20% over base correction factor)
    Well I look forward to seeing his response and he seems to believe he has 600 whp.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Most likely he went on TheShop's dyno dynamics which openly uses a 1.2 correction (20% over base correction factor)
    I did go to TheShop and we ran the car 6 times and most of them were in the 584whp area and 2 of them were 600.8whp

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well I look forward to seeing his response and he seems to believe he has 600 whp.
    I doesn't matter what i believe sticky,i can live with a 200hp car as long as it does it purpose for me,I've had faster cars in the past and my M3 its just more of reliable power than having too much boost and blow my motor like I've been reading about other Vendors and seeing excuses about weak motors from the beginning and etc.................the reason i went with ESS is cause when i was looking for answers about Sc'ing my car,some of the vendors replied back and ESS called me back and i decided to go with there kit,i also had there NA tune on my car before and was very satisfied with there product and there customer service.
    Also im not trying to talk bad about any other Companies that make blowers,they are all great but each person makes a choice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    I did go to TheShop and we ran the car 6 times and most of them were in the 584whp area and 2 of them were 600.8whp
    These were on a DD or what kind of dyno?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    I doesn't matter what i believe sticky,i can live with a 200hp car as long as it does it purpose for me,I've had faster cars in the past and my M3 its just more of reliable power than having too much boost and blow my motor like I've been reading about other Vendors and seeing excuses about weak motors from the beginning and etc.................the reason i went with ESS is cause when i was looking for answers about Sc'ing my car,some of the vendors replied back and ESS called me back and i decided to go with there kit,i also had there NA tune on my car before and was very satisfied with there product and there customer service.
    Also im not trying to talk bad about any other Companies that make blowers,they are all great but each person makes a choice.
    Who are you reading about blowing motors anyway? The only blown motors I have seen, and I assure you I follow this all closely, is G-power repeatedly blowing motor and AA losing one although we don't know what happened with that one as it is quiet on that front.

    Nothing wrong with ESS at all I'm just letting you know that you don't have 600 whp so it is wrong to claim it.

    I tried to go with ESS as well but they never got back to me and frankly I'm glad as everything worked out for my needs. Agreed, each person makes the choice that is best for them.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    These were on a DD or what kind of dyno?
    Yes sir,thats a DD!
    i was also told that DD reads the lowest but i will get a diff Dyno runs next week.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who are you reading about blowing motors anyway? The only blown motors I have seen, and I assure you I follow this all closely, is G-power repeatedly blowing motor and AA losing one although we don't know what happened with that one as it is quiet on that front.

    Nothing wrong with ESS at all I'm just letting you know that you don't have 600 whp so it is wrong to claim it.

    I tried to go with ESS as well but they never got back to me and frankly I'm glad as everything worked out for my needs. Agreed, each person makes the choice that is best for them.
    I dont want to mention names cause im sure u and i are talking about the same companies.i have my Dyno graph which i will email to u so u can see where i got the 600whp that i mentioned earlier.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    877
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I knew it

    No offense...

    That DD has a 1.2 correction factor so it reads.........in fact higher then a dynojet. Didnt you also make 415whp or something crazy with the primary cats intact with an off the shelf ESS tune as well. Most barely break 365whp on a dynojet with that setup. While a dynos a dynos a dyno - you simply can't compare a higher then normal correction factor to the rest of the world.

    If you want it to read like gintani's DD software at 1.0.....then multiple the total number by 20% and subtract from the total = 480whp or 520 ish dynojet. That dyno openly uses a 1.2. I could get your run files if you want Click here to enlarge Go on another dyno like ICS's dynojet near theshop to compare to specialty Z. The owner of that shop is the owner of TheShop's brother.
    Last edited by BrenM3; 12-11-2010 at 12:53 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    Yes sir,thats a DD!
    i was also told that DD reads the lowest but i will get a diff Dyno runs next week.
    DD can read lower but it can also read higher. Best bet is to dyno in shootout mode but seems operators rarely do that. Just from my own experience, your numbers are very high and if you dyno on a dynojet you will see it for yourself.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    I dont want to mention names cause im sure u and i are talking about the same companies.i have my Dyno graph which i will email to u so u can see where i got the 600whp that i mentioned earlier.
    I understand, I don't doubt that is what the readout was just letting you know what factors contribute to that.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I knew it

    No offense...

    That DD has a 1.2 correction factor so it reads.........in fact higher then a dynojet. Didnt you also make 415whp or something crazy with the primary cats intact with an off the shelf ESS tune as well. Most barely break 365whp on a dynojet with that setup. While a dynos a dynos a dyno - you simply can't compare a higher then normal correction factor to the rest of the world.

    If you want it to read like gintani's DD software at 1.0.....then multiple the total number by 20% and subtract from the total = 480whp or 520 ish dynojet. That dyno openly uses a 1.2. I could get your run files if you want Click here to enlarge Go on another dyno like ICS's dynojet near theshop to compare to specialty Z. The owner of that shop is the owner of TheShop's brother.
    Ima hit George up for a Dyno time next week.i know both of them and i just to Dyno my E36 @ ICS all the time.
    U from CT ??

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    I dont want to mention names cause im sure u and i are talking about the same companies.i have my Dyno graph which i will email to u so u can see where i got the 600whp that i mentioned earlier.
    I got the graph, here it is. BTW, I think you should mention companies as if you are going to mention blown motors I think you should remove speculation as to who you are talking about. The blown motors for me boil down to several from G-power, one from AA, and one from ESS if you want to count Robert's stroker which is being rebuilt although they are keeping that under wraps.

    Here is the graph, it is from a corrected dyno dynamics. Not raining on your parade or anything like that just trying to help you understand your numbers:

    Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    The correction factor http://www.theshopct.com/ uses (theshop is the place where this dyno was done) is 1.2 as Bren stated.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,735
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    i work across the street from ics performance and have dynoed there... there dyno is within range and would love to watch your dyno or even dyno the same day as you before i do my rb turbos and jb4

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    i work across the street from ics performance and have dynoed there... there dyno is within range and would love to watch your dyno or even dyno the same day as you before i do my rb turbos and jb4
    Get it on video...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,735
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargethis was just intake and jb3 map 7
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    i work across the street from ics performance and have dynoed there... there dyno is within range and would love to watch your dyno or even dyno the same day as you before i do my rb turbos and jb4

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,735
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Get it on video...
    i actually just got a sick camera that shoots 720p so i would love to, just let me know time and date

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    i actually just got a sick camera that shoots 720p so i would love to, just let me know time and date
    Up to img, he said he wanted to get a dynojet dyno so this would be a perfect opportunity...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,735
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    yup img just pm me i would love to meet up

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    877
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    debate on the C/F factor. Those stg2 STi's are normally 300-310whp cars.

    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...8#post31857220

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    debate on the C/F factor. Those stg2 STi's are normally 300-310whp cars.

    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...8#post31857220
    Not really too much debate other than why a correction factor is being used, 1.2 it is. Just wonder why it used to be 1.15.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    If you want it to read like gintani's DD software at 1.0.....then multiple the total number by 20% and subtract from the total = 480whp or 520 ish dynojet. That dyno openly uses a 1.2. I could get your run files if you want Click here to enlarge Go on another dyno like ICS's dynojet near theshop to compare to specialty Z. The owner of that shop is the owner of TheShop's brother.
    Your math is a bit wrong. After removing the 1.2 correction factor, he would have 500.667whp, not 480.

    500.667 * 1.2 = 600.8.

    So, to get back to the original number, you divide 600.8 by 1.2.

    600.8 / 1.2 = 500.667.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •