Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Forum Wars: M3 vs. C63

I nominated Sticky Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

http://tinyurl.com/3yxoaqb
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

lol my post was deleted in seconds!
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

don't see the point in that, the M3 is going to get raped in the straightline events, of which there are two. So the best the M3 can hope to do is finish 1-2. Why bother?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

because they dont have to be stock i thought.. Wasn't pig gut, i mean pencil geek, was on that wasnt he..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    because they dont have to be stock i thought.. Wasn't pig gut, i mean pencil geek, was on that wasnt he..?
    But they do have to be similarly modified.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

so no blowers added. only N/a engines.. we all know whats going to happen to the m3 in a straight line with N/a engine. on the track its obvious the m3 would take it..
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

this is why it should be Intake/FMIC-DP/Header-Exhaust-Tune M3 vs 335. Basically both full bolt on and tune, on pumpgas for both. That would be close and very exciting

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

or, i just wrote them:

"
    After reading your posts on M3post (a horrible site BTW, Bimmerboost.com is much more performance oriented and has all the top cars there),I couldnt help but wonder why an M3 Vs 335 would NOT be a good idea. If you think about it, the "M" badge has been the holy grail, and the 3 series cars are always trying to justify there superiority to each other 335-M3 and vice versa. But, BMW messed up by making the I6 TT and allowing us to stomp on S65's rather easily. Here is where it gets interesting. There are a several Supercharged M3's around now, all very powerful and wonderful cars, BUT, there are also 500+HP 335's (I am one of them). This to me sounds like a great challenge, (although I do not have be the car involved, there are other 335's that are equal to mine, but not many). Higher boosted 335's can easily over take less powerful M3's. Now, with S65 supercharging, and that power is equal, can the 335 still overtake the big brother? Can the M3 shine where it was meant to, in every aspect, not just straight line acceleration. You would think so, given that an M3 has so many upgraded parts compared to the lower 3 series cars, but no challenge has been issued. Does this sound like something the show would be interested in? I know the viewers and owners of both models, and other enthusiasts, would love to see it.

V/R
    "

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

or, i just wrote them:

"
    After reading your posts on M3post (a horrible site BTW, Bimmerboost.com is much more performance oriented and has all the top cars there),I couldnt help but wonder why an M3 Vs 335 would NOT be a good idea. If you think about it, the "M" badge has been the holy grail, and the 3 series cars are always trying to justify there superiority to each other 335-M3 and vice versa. But, BMW messed up by making the I6 TT and allowing us to stomp on S65's rather easily. Here is where it gets interesting. There are a several Supercharged M3's around now, all very powerful and wonderful cars, BUT, there are also 500+HP 335's (I am one of them). This to me sounds like a great challenge, (although I do not have be the car involved, there are other 335's that are equal to mine, but not many). Higher boosted 335's can easily over take less powerful M3's. Now, with S65 supercharging, and that power is equal, can the 335 still overtake the big brother? Can the M3 shine where it was meant to, in every aspect, not just straight line acceleration. You would think so, given that an M3 has so many upgraded parts compared to the lower 3 series cars, but no challenge has been issued. Does this sound like something the show would be interested in? I know the viewers and owners of both models, and other enthusiasts, would love to see it.

V/R
    "
    i $#@!ing love it! this is a great idea. even tho ive seen similar modded 335 vs m3 and the m3 still had no chance. that tune with a 335 really rapes anything in comparison other than the s65 having boost.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

For FI : DLSJ5 with his car
    for N/A : DLSJ5 with someone's else car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

i think it got removed already...i dont see it?

Is it me or does M3post just seem to be a bunch of older men worried about their small penises and how many track days they have?

Id rather put one of my former customers behind the wheel. PCA instructor, Club Race certified (being an instructor and only doing DEs means squat IMO), drives an ex Koni Challenge 996, a 996GT3 RSR, and a GT3. He could probably jump into the seat of the M3 and drive the pants off it better than any of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    i think it got removed already...i dont see it?

Is it me or does M3post just seem to be a bunch of older men worried about their small penises and how many track days they have?

Id rather put one of my former customers behind the wheel. PCA instructor, Club Race certified (being an instructor and only doing DEs means squat IMO), drives an ex Koni Challenge 996, a 996GT3 RSR, and a GT3. He could probably jump into the seat of the M3 and drive the pants off it better than any of them.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

or, i just wrote them:

"

V/R
    "

"Hi Steven,

At this point I am still going for an AMG vs M match-up, however I am not ruling out your suggestion. Let me work a bit more on the current match up. Would you mind checking in with me in another week? I agree that if we can't find the right cars for our initial competition it would be great to see an M3 vs 335.

Thanks,
    Paul "

Then I responded with :

Its great that you even responded. We all like the show and want to see the cars head-head so either way its win/win for us. Hop over to BimmerBoost.com and take a look around, I think you will like what you see.

Ill check in later as you suggested.

V/r

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

LM we should do our own video when i am sced with atco , drving up to canada or down to Mexico for some 60-120Click here to enlarge and some thunderbolt or lighting course at NJMP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol, you mean 40-130 dont you Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

LostMarine what suspension upgrades have you done to your car?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

none yet.. beside eibach springs.. looking for some Kw's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I wouldn't get KW's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Same thing I have
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

+1 Avoid the KW's
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i might just get the koni shocks, but id like c/o'ers though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Can we participate?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

they are looking for some of your cars!!! EMAIL them!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Can we participate?

"Hi Steven,

I am giving more consideration to your idea as I have not even had one guy with a C63 respond. I will set up an account at BimmerBoost under the name theforumwars...and start doing some trolling. Please back me up there. I am assuming that you have a 335 that you want to race...is that true?

Thanks,

Paul

"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast