Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Whats the most HP can be achieved by a SC kit ???

    Been reading about lots of blown motors due to Supercharging,don't know if thats true or not but was wondering whats the max boost we can run with 10:01 compression ?
    Also whats the max boost a stock S65 motor can handle ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    0.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I heard someone in SoCal was developing a 1000hp modified S/C kit!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    This is a very robust question.

    Can superchargers blow motors? Sure, a bad NA tune can blow a motor just as easily. Do you mean blown motors in general or on the S65 in particular?

    With a built motor and 10.0:1 compression you can run a whole hell of a lot of boost. 20 psi is within reason on that compression ratio with race gas. You could go more with race + meth.

    The stock motor has seen double digit boost. With a centrifugal in my opinion the motor could take a bit of a pounding on stock internals. I know 10-11 psi has been hit thus far. I would venture to guess the motor might even hold together at 12 psi but you are really pushing it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by biglare Click here to enlarge
    I heard someone in SoCal was developing a 1000hp modified S/C kit!
    Who? There are big number setups like this being built right now.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is a very robust question.

    Can superchargers blow motors? Sure, a bad NA tune can blow a motor just as easily. Do you mean blown motors in general or on the S65 in particular?

    With a built motor and 10.0:1 compression you can run a whole hell of a lot of boost. 20 psi is within reason on that compression ratio with race gas. You could go more with race + meth.

    The stock motor has seen double digit boost. With a centrifugal in my opinion the motor could take a bit of a pounding on stock internals. I know 10-11 psi has been hit thus far. I would venture to guess the motor might even hold together at 12 psi but you are really pushing it.
    Yes S65 motors !
    I do know that the S65 internal can take a beat but how much/how many miles do u think i will get out of the motor with a double digits PSI ?
    Also with lowered compression and 20psi what should i expect from the 6speed and the more important is the subframe since BMW been know for subframe issues.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by biglare Click here to enlarge
    I heard someone in SoCal was developing a 1000hp modified S/C kit!
    BTW,there is some kid in CT that has a twin turbo E92 1000+ HP!
    I met the kid in person and he told me about the car that its a project thats being done by Dinan and Turner motorsports.
    I told him its total BS but he promised to bring it by!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    BTW,there is some kid in CT that has a twin turbo E92 1000+ HP!
    I met the kid in person and he told me about the car that its a project thats being done by Dinan and Turner motorsports.
    I told him its total BS but he promised to bring it by!
    It is total BS.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    Yes S65 motors !
    I do know that the S65 internal can take a beat but how much/how many miles do u think i will get out of the motor with a double digits PSI ?
    Also with lowered compression and 20psi what should i expect from the 6speed and the more important is the subframe since BMW been know for subframe issues.
    How many miles you will get out of it depends on a lot of factors. It would just be speculation for me to answer as I don't even think we have a clear definition of what they stock motor can take yet.

    The E92 has a VERY beefed up rear end. I haven't seen any issues in this department yet and SSP has commented on how surprised they are regarding how well built the rear end is.

    With lowered compression and 20 psi what should you expect? It depends on the compression but assuming 10:1 something in the ~800 whp range is what you should expect.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It is total BS.
    Trust me ive been waiting for him to bring it by !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    Trust me ive been waiting for him to bring it by !
    You are going to be waiting a long time.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How many miles you will get out of it depends on a lot of factors. It would just be speculation for me to answer as I don't even think we have a clear definition of what they stock motor can take yet.

    The E92 has a VERY beefed up rear end. I haven't seen any issues in this department yet and SSP has commented on how surprised they are regarding how well built the rear end is.

    With lowered compression and 20 psi what should you expect? It depends on the compression but assuming 10:1 something in the ~800 whp range is what you should expect.
    Sound like a winter project for me!!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You are going to be waiting a long time.
    +1 LMAOLLLLL

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    Sound like a winter project for me!!!!
    Get yourself a good engine builder and I hope you have a good tuner.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Got a builder and a tunner !!!!!!
    All depends if I can sort out a blown motor cause I'd hate to open a healthy motor !

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    cause I'd hate to open a healthy motor !
    Why?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why?
    Just dont like screwing with something thats already in a good working condition,Ima start looking for a blown motor or one out of a wrecked car.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    Just dont like screwing with something thats already in a good working condition,Ima start looking for a blown motor or one out of a wrecked car.
    That is an option.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    302
    Rep Points
    256.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    A supercharged 1000hp from a 4L V8 will be tough. You'll need to build the hell out of the engine, top to bottom. You'll need to feed it a lot of boost, thus you'll need a very robust fuel system. And you're going to need a wicked cog drive system for the blower to keep belt slippage from costing you power.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    A supercharged 1000hp from a 4L V8 will be tough. You'll need to build the hell out of the engine, top to bottom. You'll need to feed it a lot of boost, thus you'll need a very robust fuel system. And you're going to need a wicked cog drive system for the blower to keep belt slippage from costing you power.
    Some of this is correct but I don't think you realize just how close this is to reality.

    1000 hp is 850 whp. We are currently at 600 on stock internals at around 8-9 psi, right? So at lower compression at around 20 psi we are in the ballpark. That is without touching the top end, just the bottom end.

    Cog drive is dependent on the blower chosen. There are a couple different things I have seen done, as well as in progress, that mean a cog drive is not necessary. I can't share anything at the moment but 1000 hp is a realistic goal but on the high side. 800 whp is very realistic and anything beyond that pushes one closer to 1000.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    0.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Yup, there is a 1000hp M3 in the works! Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by biglare Click here to enlarge
    Yup, there is a 1000hp M3 in the works! Click here to enlarge
    Was just with my friend thats gonna build me a motor for my car (if i decided<still thinking about it) and he recommended that we stroke it them drop the comp and it will make gd power !!!
    so im gonna wait think about it and might be a winter Project !!!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    You do not need cog drive. Most even prefer belts.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    Was just with my friend thats gonna build me a motor for my car (if i decided so im gonna wait think about it and might be a winter Project !!!
    Just be careful what stroke you choose if you decide to go through it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Some of this is correct but I don't think you realize just how close this is to reality.

    1000 hp is 850 whp. We are currently at 600 on stock internals at around 8-9 psi, right? So at lower compression at around 20 psi we are in the ballpark. That is without touching the top end, just the bottom end.

    Cog drive is dependent on the blower chosen. There are a couple different things I have seen done, as well as in progress, that mean a cog drive is not necessary. I can't share anything at the moment but 1000 hp is a realistic goal but on the high side. 800 whp is very realistic and anything beyond that pushes one closer to 1000.
    6xxhp on 8-9 psi? sounds about right..

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    570
    Rep Points
    432.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    stay tuned ! think you will see numbers real soon
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •