Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    739 RWHP & 720 RWTQ. The Lingenfelter supercharger upgrades included our pulley upgrade, air intake modifications, intercooler improvements and tuning.
    These things are going to be insane when they ditch the Eaton.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    These things are going to be insane when they ditch the Eaton.
    lol whats the Eaton? the supercharger?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol whats the Eaton? the supercharger?
    Yes, the stock blower it comes with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    havent looked at this thread in a couple days......I meant if i supercharged my m3 and ran it against my z06...wouldnt be close at all (meaning the m3 would be raped)...the z06 has cams, heads, headers back full exhaust, intake, tune, thermostat, upgraded clutch and rear end, and ALOT more....last time I dynoed it i got 600+whp 550+wtq in 95 degree weather.....I could have went with a blower, nothing better than raw n/a horsepower

...just the other day I was comparing the dynosheets of the gintani stage 2+ m3 and my z06, the outcome became pretty evident:
    the m3's WHP curve has a much steeper positive slope (and just barely grazes 600whp), while the vette has alot (and I mean ALOT) more meat under the curve.......

couple that with better gearing, its much lighter weight, better aerodynamics, etc.... and its game over.............BUT, once again, I cannot stress how much more I LOVE the M3 than the vette....and I feel like 600whp in the M3 would be alot more fun than in the vette (alot of people would call me crazy, but I feel like the M3 seems like a much smaller/funner car when in the drivers seat, even though it is alot heavier...I guess thats the beauty of the m3)
    Last edited by ERM324; 12-16-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    havent looked at this thread in a couple days......I meant if i supercharged my m3 and ran it against my z06...wouldnt be close at all (meaning the m3 would be raped)...the z06 has cams, heads, headers back full exhaust, intake, tune, thermostat, upgraded clutch and rear end, and ALOT more....last time I dynoed it i got 600+whp 550+wtq in 95 degree weather.....I could have went with a blower, nothing better than raw n/a horsepower
    You are referring to an E92 M3 though?

...just the other day I was comparing the dynosheets of the gintani stage 2+ m3 and my z06, the outcome became pretty evident:
    the m3's WHP curve has a much steeper positive slope (and just barely grazes 600whp), while the vette has alot (and I mean ALOT) more meat under the curve.......
    This is true but the M3 when racing spends all its time up top where the power is. Plus with DCT it has an advantage shifting. I think a 600 whp Z06 will take a Stage 2+ though, can I see your dyno? 600 whp NA is the upper end of LS7 NA performance. Must be a very aggressive cam.

couple that with better gearing, its much lighter weight, better aerodynamics, etc.... and its game over.............
    The M3 has better gearing, the Vettes gearing is pretty long. Plus, like mentioned already, can't outshift a DCT. The weight is clearly in the Z06's favor. A 600 whp DCT M3 and a 600 whp Z06 would be a heck of a race although I expect the Z06 to win. We haven't seen any 600 whp DCT M3's thus far though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can see your logic^ but i think it wouldnt even be a race.....judging how it took some time for the M3 to pull away from the stock z06, I dont even think I would be anywhere close to a heads/cam....sure let me find it its gotta be on here somewhere (my computer is a mess right now)...once I get it ill post it up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can see your logic^ but i think it wouldnt even be a race.....judging how it took some time for the M3 to pull away from the stock z06, I dont even think I would be anywhere close to a heads/cam....sure let me find it its gotta be on here somewhere (my computer is a mess right now)...once I get it ill post it up!
    The M3 you saw pull from the stock Z06 wasn't making 600 whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isn't drews car around 570whp on a Dynojet? Also, that Z06 was probably around 420-430whp...so let's say the M3 picks up another 30whp, and then you give the Z06 another 170+whp (both coming out to around 600 to the wheel)....I don't think it would be much of a race at all to be honest. I was hoping it would be (trust me lol), but we have to be realistic...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

for example lol

I just dont even think it would be fair, but were all entitled to our opinions!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isn't drews car around 570whp on a Dynojet? Also, that Z06 was probably around 420-430whp...so let's say the M3 picks up another 30whp, and then you give the Z06 another 170+whp (both coming out to around 600 to the wheel)....I don't think it would be much of a race at all to be honest. I was hoping it would be (trust me lol), but we have to be realistic...
    Well we are playing a speculation game now but Drew's car was somewhere in the mid 500's I believe. I'm not too sure where he is at right now, he can answer that.

I think it would be a decent race with the Z06 pulling, that is how I see it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

for example lol

I just dont even think it would be fair, but were all entitled to our opinions!
    Drew's car was in the low 500's when it ran 131 due to an intake issue, right? So 600 whp DCT vs. this would be a good race with the Z06 pulling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not sure, I dont know much about drew's car other than the fact that it is one of the fastest (if not THE) E9x M3's in the US (that have been documented on these forums).....but yeah I can see where you're coming from...but I think the Z06 would pull HARD....anyways sorry for the threadjack

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not sure, I dont know much about drew's car other than the fact that it is one of the fastest (if not THE) E9x M3's in the US (that have been documented on these forums).....but yeah I can see where you're coming from...but I think the Z06 would pull HARD....anyways sorry for the threadjack
    No need to apologize, it is an interesting discussion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good discussion! and yea, is there even room for a bigger blower on that beast sticky? that blower they got is pretty tiny haha.

dudee your vette is a killer! thats no joke 138 trap on that is insane. propsssss. i really want a z06 even more now.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good discussion! and yea, is there even room for a bigger blower on that beast sticky? that blower they got is pretty tiny haha.

dudee your vette is a killer! thats no joke 138 trap on that is insane. propsssss. i really want a z06 even more now.
    I think the vette shown was not his.

Bigger blower on the M3 you mean? The T-trim isn't small, it is a powerful blower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that road looks scary damn that guys has balls going that fast.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no noo, i meant on the ls9 eaton charger. if there would be any room to upgrade that. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no noo, i meant on the ls9 eaton charger. if there would be any room to upgrade that. Click here to enlarge
    They could do a bigger blower I'm sure, we will see it happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i would like to see that. but i've even seen the ppl do a twinturbo set up on that..that means they take out the charger obviously right? but what i dont understand is why spend 120k and twin turbo a 6.2 l v8. when you can spend 70k on the z06 with the 7 L and twin turbo that for more power..
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i would like to see that. but i've even seen the ppl do a twinturbo set up on that..that means they take out the charger obviously right? but what i dont understand is why spend 120k and twin turbo a 6.2 l v8. when you can spend 70k on the z06 with the 7 L and twin turbo that for more power..
    Well, the cylinder walls are much thinner in the LS7. The Ls3 is a great boost platform, as the LS9 shows. Secondly, the LS9 already has stout internals so there is no building of the motor involved when going TT.

If it was me, I would do a fully built LS7 as you suggested with TT's as it would come out less, however, it must be a very high quality build on that motor and that costs $.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    One of my family friends had a 1200whp TT Z06......ate up anything and everything on the road...

....now he holds the title as the fastest CTSV in the country......over 800whp...its RIDICULOUS

here you go:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I went to the track last week and saw a ZO6 with procharger run 9.8s all day. Looked stock. Bla bla bla bla all other cars, there is nothing as fast for the money as a blown LS7.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    was the lambo evening racing ? lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12