Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    126,174
    Rep Points
    36,022.5
    Mentioned
    2272 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361


    Yes Reputation No

    Active Autowerke Level III supercharged M3 takes on all BMW challengers including an F13 M6, built motor VFE E92 M3, JB4 F82 M4, ESS VT2-650 E92 M3, F10 M5

    A bunch of BMW on BMW action here featuring an Active Autowerke Level III supercharged E92 M3 as the camera car. The Active Autowerke Level III kit continues to impress after we witnessed it on a DCT E92 M3 pull a JB4 tuned F82 M4 recently. Here are some more runs against other BMW's showing off the strength of the kit.

    Click here to enlarge

    This car appears to be a 6-speed manual version making the results all the more impressive. The only issue is the forward facing camera angle that hardly takes in the majority of the action. Why anyone would choose this as a single angle when it does not do a good job showing the position of the car it is racing is anyone's guess. Side angles or multiple angles are preferred but we can still tell what happens.

    Run 1: F13 M6 Gran Coupe with unknown mods

    The mods on this M6 are unknown and the Gran coupe is not a lightweight coming in at roughly 750 pounds above the E92 M3. The M3 looks like it is rolling at a higher speed when it hits the cones (a problem with trying to create a fair race at these events) and it just dusts the M6 easily. As we do not have a rear camera angle it is hard to see how badly it pulled the M6 but suffice it to say the race was one-sided.

    Run 2: VF-Engineering supercharged built motor E92 M3

    The camera car has a passenger which should be noted. The VF-Engineering E92 M3 it is racing has a built motor but apparently is not tuned yet. Why? Who knows. VF-Engineering tuning has always been a big question mark on their kits and they prefer the canned tune approach. Clearly the tuning is the weakness here for the built motor VF car as a built motor supercharged M3 should DESTROY a stock internal car.

    The VF-Engineering car does not though and gets pulled despite a missed shift into 5th gear. The owner should look into contacting a quality tuner to tune his VF-Engineering kit.

    Run 3: MT F82 M4 with JB4 and 91/E85 mix

    The M4 hangs in there through a couple gears but up top simply gets pulled. Once again another camera angle would add a lot of context here but the AA supercharged M3 wins again.

    Run 4: M4 JB4 rematch with MS109

    The result is no different, the M4 gets pulled again.

    Run 5: E92 DCT M3 with ESS-Tuning VT2-650

    It looks like the DCT gives the ESS car the advantage here in the lower gears as it should but up top the Active Autowerke kit pulls the ESS car. Another Active Autowerke vs. ESS-Tuning supercharged stock internals S65 race and another Active Autowerke victory. Anyone else seeing a pattern?

    Run 6: JB4 F82 M4 DCT

    Not much of a race as the M3 looks to be a higher speed at the cones. It just pulls away without ever seeing the F82 M4 again.

    Run 7: F10 M5 unknown mods

    The F10 M5 never even enters the camera angle making this the worst race of the bunch and showing why this single forward angle is majorly flawed.

    Summary:

    The camera angle is obviously an issue but in the runs where we can see the other car the Active E92 M3 just pulls away. The AA Level III kit just continues to impress and takes on all these BMW challengers beating every single one.

    The results here say plenty about the AA Level III S65 supercharger kit potency.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    171
    Rep Points
    142.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Beautiful! Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I know whats about to happen, but Im seriously disappointed in the built motor S65's. Every single one of them. I have yet to see anything that warrants the price attached to building one. Im throwing it into the same category of the ST N54s, great HP numbers, but not a single one is doing anything worthwhile on the pavement. I think people are overdoing it and need to keep it simple, drop compression to 10, forged internals, throw more boost at it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    126,174
    Rep Points
    36,022.5
    Mentioned
    2272 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    but Im seriously disappointed in the built motor S65's. Every single one of them. I have yet to see anything that warrants the price attached to building one
    People are pairing blowers they use on the stock internals to them and you have yet to see built motors with turbos.

    ESS and VF just aren't on the level to show what the platform is capable of. Their stuff is basic.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    but not a single one is doing anything worthwhile on the pavement.
    I don't know, mine won a 1/2 mile roll on event while no N54 has done that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People are pairing blower they use on the stock internals to them and you have yet to see built motors with turbos.

    ESS and VF just aren't on the level to show what the platform is capable of. Their stuff is basic.



    I don't know, mine won a 1/2 mile roll on event while no N54 has done that.
    Yous would be included in that statement. shift sectors results have all been disqualified in my mind since they race for 3k feet, not a true 1/2 mile, so no one knows whats going on, the only legitimate 1/2 mile is wannagofast and we have yet to see an E9x M3 run there.

    your dynos are awesome, 772 at 7400rpm is amazing, but does it matter when a 650hp car trapped faster? If your car is all its made up to be, i obviously hope it performs, but, just like the 700hp N54s, yours and others arent doing anything (how many ST N54s were at the same event our car won?). time will tell i guess, but im still dissappointed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    126,174
    Rep Points
    36,022.5
    Mentioned
    2272 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    Yous would be included in that statement. shift sectors results have all been disqualified in my mind since they race for 3k feet, not a true 1/2 mile, so no one knows whats going on, the only legitimate 1/2 mile is wannagofast and we have yet to see an E9x M3 run there.
    The point I'm making is in the real world it beat all these cars so the distance is irrelevant. Who cares if it is 3k feet or 1/2 mile? That skews the traps but it didn't change the fact all the cars there were beaten.

    No N54 can make that claim.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    your dynos are awesome, 772 at 7400rpm is amazing, but does it matter when a 650hp car trapped faster? If your car is all its made up to be, i obviously hope it performs, but, just like the 700hp N54s, yours and others arent doing anything (how many ST N54s were at the same event our car won?). time will tell i guess, but im still dissappointed.
    Nothing trapped faster. How is a 650 hp car trapping more than a car that was well into the 800's? 772 on the dyno isn't the peak hp output. It just shows the hp at 7200 rpm when there is over 1200 more to go which was put to use at the event right?

    I'm not sure what you're disappointed about DCT supercharged M3's consistently run with cars above their power/torque level. Guess you'll just have to see it for yourself.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    from what ive been reading that event was the special Olympics of airstrip attacks, no cars were running well, the E46s and other S65 correct? Did a rematch take place? Has it been to the 1/4 mile? I mean, you cants say "will" do when i say im dissappointed that nothing HAS happened, thats taking into account the fact that your car is included in the less than admirable results. with 772 hp and 1000 rpms to go, you shoud be flying, much like 750 hp N54's, but in reality they are not. so built motor M3s, supercharged or turbo are dissapointing right now. you cant "lol" at street racers in one thread and say post a slip to prove how fast they are, and then go to another thread and say slips dont mean anything because i beat them in a street race and expect to be taken seriously

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    126,174
    Rep Points
    36,022.5
    Mentioned
    2272 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    from what ive been reading that event was the special Olympics of airstrip attacks, no cars were running well, the E46s and other S65 correct?
    To assume all cars were running poorly is a rather large jump but what happened, happened.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    Did a rematch take place? Has it been to the 1/4 mile? I mean, you cants say "will" do when i say im dissappointed that nothing HAS happened, thats taking into account the fact that your car is included in the less than admirable results. with 772 hp and 1000 rpms to go, you shoud be flying, much like 750 hp N54's, but in reality they are not.
    Um, it won, so I'm not sure what more you want. I don't see anyone else even trying because there is nobody else.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    so built motor M3s, supercharged or turbo are dissapointing right now
    That's your opinion.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    you cant "lol" at street racers in one thread and say post a slip to prove how fast they are, and then go to another thread and say slips dont mean anything because i beat them in a street race and expect to be taken seriously
    I sure can LOL at street racers because I've grown out of that. What are you, 16?

    Who said slips don't mean anything?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    i dont know why your continuously attacking me, but Built motor M3s are abismal in performance, especially when you see the pricetag, thats all i was saying. you keep strengthening my point by not even being able to offer justified numbers, no races, no slips, no comparisons, just a trophy from a half assed event with every other car not running well.
    When those cars were running well they went faster did they not? Was the cars you beat all going faster than your time? the answer is yes. does the only other comparable S65 have a 1/4 slip? yes, is it the fastest one ever, yes. is it humiliatingly slow? yes.

    so lets get this clear

    1/4 mile best is 10.6 and 135mph=pathetic
    60-130 6.1(cheater) 6.2 nitrous, 6.4 built motor= wow, how $#@!ing embarrasing
    1/2 mile ( 3000 actual feet and no known start speed/start distance) 172mph= are you serious?

    see the point yet? its embarrassing for us, you me, everyone that loves these cars should be embarrassed, and the ones building them should hide in the corner, the ones paying for them to be built should be given an apology

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    126,174
    Rep Points
    36,022.5
    Mentioned
    2272 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    i dont know why your continuously attacking me,
    It's an attack to state that's your opinion? Why are you so sensitive?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    ut Built motor M3s are abismal in performance, especially when you see the pricetag, thats all i was saying
    This is your opinion. I disagree. I don't think you even have seen built motor E9X performance yet. You've only seen previews and limited ones at that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    you keep strengthening my point by not even being able to offer justified numbers, no races, no slips, no comparisons, just a trophy from a half assed event with every other car not running well.
    I'm sorry I can't meet your demands. Sorry I have a couple trophies with a built motor M3. I guess everyone starts somewhere.

    What trophies or slips do you have? If you don't have any does that mean supercharged M3's are weak by definition?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    When those cars were running well they went faster did they not? Was the cars you beat all going faster than your time? the answer is yes. does the only other comparable S65 have a 1/4 slip? yes, is it the fastest one ever, yes. is it humiliatingly slow? yes.
    Sure, solving issues improves performance. Unfortunately I had some issues. Things happen, you fix them. It's better to do that than type in absolutes from a distance.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    so lets get this clear

    1/4 mile best is 10.6 and 135mph=pathetic
    60-130 6.1(cheater) 6.2 nitrous, 6.4 built motor= wow, how $#@!ing embarrasing
    1/2 mile ( 3000 actual feet and no known start speed/start distance) 172mph= are you serious?
    I agree. Pretty poor stuff right there. But I think it hardly stops with these numbers don't you?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MonsterM3 Click here to enlarge
    see the point yet? its embarrassing for us, you me, everyone that loves these cars should be embarrassed, and the ones building them should hide in the corner, the ones paying for them to be built should be given an apology
    I don't think it's embarrassing. I think it's a process. I think it's embarrassing that people expect instant gratification or for things that have never been done before to be done overnight.

    I'd take a more positive outlook and I think when the dust settles your opinion will change.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky don't take it as a personal attack...he's right, It is embarrassing.. look at the 1/4 mile best, 60-130 best and 1/2 mile speed for the e9x m3.... its embarrassing. I don't have a car that can best those numbers but its amazing that all the builds thus far haven't. There is a lot of money being thrown at the s65/e9x m3 and thats all our platform has to show for it so far? It's way better than the n54 but in all honesty the e9x platform in general (n54 or s65) hasn't lived up to the hype that has been created so far.... I want to be proven wrong thoughClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    126,174
    Rep Points
    36,022.5
    Mentioned
    2272 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    on't take it as a personal attack...he's right, It is embarrassing.. look at the 1/4 mile best, 60-130 best and 1/2 mile speed for the e9x m3.... its embarrassing.
    I mean if you say so. Are either of you doing anything to set any records? Sounds easier to talk about what you want to see the platform do instead of doing it.

    Things take time. Take a positive approach of pushing things forward instead of needlessly negative 'embarrassing' terminology.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I want to be proven wrong though
    Whether you want to or not you will be.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm just stating the fact that I understand exactly what he is saying.... don't you? I can't wait to be wrong!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    126,174
    Rep Points
    36,022.5
    Mentioned
    2272 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I'm just stating the fact that I understand exactly what he is saying.... don't you? I can't wait to be wrong!
    I think people who aren't even involved in pushing forward anything that they are critiquing should not take such a dim or negative stance.

    'OMG that's embarassing! Where are the numbers?' Seriously? That's pretty shortsighted. The stock internal superchargers already show how strong the platform is. What, built motors are going to be slower? It's not Gran Turismo. It's not easy. People who aren't involved being pointlessly negative just makes it more difficult but who cares.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Who cares is right...

    I still think you have the most potential to show what a built s65 can do if that darn dct will cooperate
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    126,174
    Rep Points
    36,022.5
    Mentioned
    2272 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361



    Yes Reputation No
    It's a matter of time. It will get there. When it gets there, it will get there and I think it will show exactly what I have been stating for some time now. To me it's obvious.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    70.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    AA stage 3 at no fly zone. Updated video, NO music

    Posting for a buddy, hope to get some more vids soon, with the runs obviously done in Mexico of course

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    70.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    70.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    70.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    70.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    70.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How do you plan on growing this forum, when you keep insulting your members? This is a horrible business model to follow.

    Yes, its 100% my opinion that your trophies mean nothing because they mean nothing, and then were bested by other M3s, who's trophies and slips are STILL pathetic, so in turn i believe your car was, is and will be pathetic as well. Top level S65 performance is pathetic

    Look at any other platform right now, and figure what it takes to get to say 750 hp. its under $20k. Then look at the performance numbers those cars with 750hp are getting. Its low 10's, high 9's and 140ish mph trap speeds, its 175-180 mph trap speeds, its sub 6 second 60-130s.

    Oh, and that may or may not be with an almighty DCT transmission.


    The more you insult me, the more pathetic you and this forum are, not because im being insulted, but because the #1 guy thats supposed to be proffessional is unprovoked attacking like a pubescent child. But if you want talk tough, lets be clear on what is happening.
    A man who has spent 5 years building a car has never gotten to drive that car,
    because the car made one appearance over 5 years,it may have won, but it didnt do anything measurable, because the owner will never be allowed to run his own car at any event
    because the car will not be ready to run at any event for the next forseeable 2+ years
    when it is ready, it will always have an excuse, just like the past 2 appearances it made

    So ill be preemptive real quick, you have 2 trophies, and then lost them. So no one cares, your car couldnt compete agan (failure) and the benchmark set by your car was beaten (mph) So your car is in AT BEST 2nd place in every category, AT BEST and probably far far behind if we actually go by numbers. 2nd place AT BEST in a line of disappointing performance.

    So its not just your car, its everyone that has spent money on rebuilding their motors, every single person that has opened the motor up has a disappointing car, all of them because the numbers dont lie.

    Its been how many years? and you want people to "be patient" and "wait"? for what? what should we all wait for?

    and then you say people without anything invested shouldn't critique? why not? apparrantly you need to have money invested in a build to say whether or not whats been achieved is worth it? thats a the biggest BS response ever made from the person who lives on a forum, forums are designed for peopel to talk about things they dont directly have money invested in. Oh, so because you dont have $$ invested in the Twin Turbo lambo game, YOU dont have a right to say what is and is NOT a game changer then right? what IS and IS NOT worht e $300k price tag right? follow the lopgic,

    By saying that people dumping $30, or in your case $50k, into a platform is pathetic is not discredited because they DID NOT do it, simply because those that DID have pathetic results.. No one is dumping 30-50k SIMPLY BECAUSE THOSE THAT HAVE HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO JUSTIFY IT.

    On the other hand, stock motor cars are performing amazingly Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by MonsterM3; 12-03-2014 at 05:39 AM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    why does a 650 kit have cats on it? cats are strictly required to be off the car at that level

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    moco, md
    Posts
    1,286
    Rep Points
    1,671.9
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Yes Reputation No
    That white 335is with upgraded turbos is impressive! dct ftw. All the m3s sound the same.....they all sound good lol
    2008 e92 335i

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •