Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face E46 330ci supercharger

hi all just wondering if any one can point me in the right direction to purchase a supercharger kit for my 2001 e46 330ci i was looking at the active autowerke supercharger kit but I can on-line find it in the USA does any one know if there is a supplier in the UK or any others in the UK I have about 3,000 to spend.
    Thanks Rich Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

About 3,000 pounds to spend, I'm sure we can find something.

Is the car automatic or manual?

You do not mind if the kit is used, correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't mind if it's second hand and yes it's a manual Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well, you can get a couple kits brand new if you stretch your budget just a bit:

ESS has a twin screw setup which is a lot of fun. It starts $5300, so a little more than 3000 pounds.

Active Autowerke's kit is almost $1,000 less at $4,400. It is a centrifugal setup which won't be quite as much fun IMO.

Both will give you a big boost in power, just depends how you want the power delivery. If you are willing to spend more a turbo is also an option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well active autowerkes stage 2 says It will push my 231bhp to 405bhp which I thought was a little un-realistic, I would rather go sc than tc and I don't really want to change any of the internals pistons, rods etc... What's the main difference between the ess and the autowerkes kits also does any one know which kit is more reliable or durable cheers for the replys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Redge-330ci Click here to enlarge
    Well active autowerkes stage 2 says It will push my 231bhp to 405bhp which I thought was a little un-realistic
    It isn't unrealistic.

What's the main difference between the ess and the autowerkes kits also does any one know which kit is more reliable or durable cheers for the replys.
    The main difference is the type of supercharger used. Active uses a centrifugal whereas ESS uses a twin screw. The ESS kit in my opinion will be more fun to drive as you get the power instantly. The Active setup requires you to rev it it out to get the power. I do believe the Active setup will be easier on the stock rods as the boost isn't instant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm guessing the ess set up you get more power? Do u think the active autotwerkes kit really gains that much power? 231 to 405 Is a 175 bhp increase Click here to enlarge seems a lot, do u think the ESS setup is likly to last long before it blows my engine. Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I'm guessing the ess set up you get more power? Do u think the active autotwerkes kit really gains that much power? 231 to 405 Is a 175 bhp increase Click here to enlarge seems a lot, do u think the ESS setup is likly to last long before it blows my engine. Rich
    In my opinion the Active setup is going to be easier on the motor.

Yes, it is a large increase but that HP level is about right for 10-11 psi of boost. The 8 psi kit is 365 hp, so the gains are what they should be.

Neither of these kits should blow your engine but if you are very concerned go with the low boost active setup and upgrade later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think I may start with the active autowerkes stage 2 does any one know how I go about this as they are a American based company aren't they? Also will this involve me posting my ecu to America? Thanks rich.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I think I may start with the active autowerkes stage 2 does any one know how I go about this as they are a American based company aren't they? Also will this involve me posting my ecu to America? Thanks rich.
    They have international dealers, 2 are in the UK, you should be fine.

I would recommend you e-mail Active and tell them BimmerBoost sent you: omurray@activeautowerke.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Um... I just posted the answer to this same question right above this...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They have international dealers, 2 are in the UK, you should be fine.

I would recommend you e-mail Active and tell them BimmerBoost sent you: omurray@activeautowerke.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry my iPhone bugged and kept sending the same question lol I will e-mail them referring bimmerboost Click here to enlarge thanks rich.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Sorry my iPhone bugged and kept sending the same question lol I will e-mail them referring bimmerboost Click here to enlarge thanks rich.
    No problem Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a custom SC kit that will fit you car with a small bit of modification. I can give it to you for a very reasonable price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu Click here to enlarge
    I have a custom SC kit that will fit you car with a small bit of modification. I can give it to you for a very reasonable price.
    That's right... this will fit your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What price u looking ? Plus it's going to need shipping to the uk if your in usa. Also how would I go about getting my ecu set up to run the sc? Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Decided to keep it but you would need a custom tune. We do it remotely in the Porsche world....I would talk to OE tuning or AA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well active autowerkes stage 2 says It will push my 231bhp to 405bhp which I thought was a little un-realistic, I would rather go sc than tc and I don't really want to change any of the internals pistons, rods etc... What's the main difference between the ess and the autowerkes kits also does any one know which kit is more reliable or durable cheers for the replys.
    I'd recommend using Google if you're still interested in this question- you will find volumes upon volumes of applicable discussion/history from years back to present. My research led me to Technique Tuning (turbo) Click here to enlarge & ESS was my runner up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by McSpeed Click here to enlarge
    I'd recommend using Google if you're still interested in this question- you will find volumes upon volumes of applicable discussion/history from years back to present. My research led me to Technique Tuning (turbo) Click here to enlarge & ESS was my runner up.
    Are you running a Technique Tuning setup?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Are you running a Technique Tuning setup?
    but of course- the Stage 1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by McSpeed Click here to enlarge
    but of course- the Stage 1
    Would you mind making a thread for your setup? Would like to check it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would you mind making a thread for your setup? Would like to check it out.
    Will do Click here to enlarge