Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My N55 PROcede review

Hey guys,

First of i want to say that English is my 2nd language and I'm still learning to wright it properly, so if i say or spell things that don't make sense or are not said wright, sorry.
    My car is a 135I with the dual clutch trans (DCT).
    I've had a bunch of different cars "tuner" in my life (95 TT Supra, 93 turbo+nitrous civic hatch, 95 Eclipse gst, 04 Evo 8).And I've also used different engine management systems like AEM, Apex-i power FC , flashes,piggy backs from Apex-i , Greddy ,AEM, etc.
    Even though theres faster more mod friendly cars out there then a 2011 135I with DCT, i wanted something more mellow/civilized because of the wife mainly, but also because i want to have kids in the near future and having kids in the back of a 600AWHP Evo with a 2 star crash rating is just not something I'm willing to do...atleast not until there alittle older =).

I've had the PROcede in the car for a couple of weeks now and every time i drive the car i like it more and more!
    I had the N55 Jb3 stage 1 on the car for about 2 months and when i first got that tune the car felt great with the extra power but i immediately had some personal concerns with it:
    1- it doesn't have ANY type of ignition control, not to lower or to raise ignition timing.
    2- it doesn't monitor knock activity.
    3- it was jittery on boost onset/part throttle pedal modulation.
    4- in my mind is a boost controller.
    5- the logging capabilities are very limited as far as sampling rate and available channels.
    6- the throttle tip in was to aggressive so it would make the car lunge forward when you took of the light to much.
    All of this made me look in to and get the PROcede.

The install for the PROcede was very easy, it took me about 20 min with some basic tools with a cool engine and really the most challenging part of the install is getting the crank sensor plug installed because you can't actually see it. As soon as i pulled out of the driveway i felt an instant improvement over the JB, the part throttle was amazingly smooth and there was no more overly aggressive throttle pedal.I then went to do some WOT pull to speed up the autotuning proses and after just a few pulls the car was hitting 13.5-14 PSI and pulling like it never did before! Very smooth power delivery all the way to redline, it's just amazing how much faster and smother the car feels now.
    Also the fact that it has all of the N54 PROcede features included is pretty amazing by it self, i mean,
    -ignition timing control
    -on the fly map switching
    -code reading/deleting
    -command center (adaptation resets, code read/clear,different gauge setups,etc)
    -CANclear
    -progressive shift light
    - full meth integration
    -awesome logging rate and a zillion channels to log
    -very user friendly software interface, even a beginner can easily use it
    -etc,etc
    Those are all things that MANY full standalone engine management systems don't have and cost a fortune, let alone no flash can never offer.And the features are going to keep growing. For the money i think you can't beat it with a 10' stick!

Now i added a Helix IC and Berk catback exhaust system to the mix and the car keeps getting faster and faster.i actually went to the track yesterday but could only run twice and on the first run i switched maps by accident so the car didn't have a chance to autotune completely so I'm going to try to go to the track tomorrow and update my thread from when i went to the track with the stock tune:http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425430, but i did manage to trap 2-3 MPH faster even on the conservative initial settings.
    So now full mods are:
    N55 PROcede v4
    Berk catback with resonated midpipes
    HP autowerks high flow air filter
    Helix N55 IC kit
    18x8 SSR type-c's with 225F/255R Dunlop StarSpecs
    HP autowerks battery with braille 21lb battery
    Eibach springs

If you guys have any questions please don't hesitate and asking me! BTW Vishnu's customer service dosen't seem to me bad at all, if i call and nobody answers i've had them calling me back when they got the mised call in a matter of minutes...so i don't know why people give Vishnu a bad rap over that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2-3mph more with better intercooler, exhaust and some weight reduction? sounds normal, Have fun with your ride Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    weight reduction was already there when i ran 13.1 at 106 on the stock tune + the exhaust didn't really make a difference because the N55 has no cats on the midpipes......so yeah 109 mph with 1.5-2PSI more than the stock tune with 80% ignition correction seams good to me even with the better IC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good work, keep at it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the update. I'll be looking in to a tune for my wife's N55 this coming spring.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I liked your review, great to get a different perspective and you seem honest.

So is the N55 Procede officially out? I'm just curious as I haven't read too much about it. Pricing, gains, etc.?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale