Close

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Care to elaborate? Which two are running fine and which have problems?
    Id like to hear this too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Guys you need to read more. Click here to enlarge LM says that because his car runs better. Not because the others would suck. Click here to enlarge Read e.g. my thread: upgraded twins - no great success yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

It has been partly because of limiting boost to 20 psi...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i think one of the people he's referring to is me. and the issue as of today has been solved. it was the fuel pump causing all the issues all along. the car is three years old, pump replaced 1 year after as it was having long cranks at cold start, and now today it was changed again, and the car is running strong once again. i can only hope the oem pump can keep up with the demand upgraded turbos give it. meth is one thing, the fueling has to be there. so after installing the pump i set the user variables low and let them autotune up on map 3 (a combination of map 1 and 2, where map 2 is activated on full meth flow). long story short the new pump is performing wonderfully. this is a serious off topic for this thread but i felt since there is a heated debate, to chill it down a notch Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

runs better than who? Dynoes are worthless as all read differently. Show me some Vbox logs on pump plus meth to do comparaison . Thats the only way to see how fast a car is running.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

yes, he is one, and Dans is the other.

Oddjob, glad you got it sorted out. i guess 3 out of 4 aint bad i guess?

and if you people want to start a thread about our private cars vs eachother, pls do it in another thread. i really do like to stay on topic. but in short, its futile to compare what is now old setups vs eachother. baslines are out the window. enrita had jb, and data, but since has also gotten ported heads and rebuilt motor, so although close, is not exactly compareable, oddjob still has to get up to 100% (hardware wise ect.) and Ultimate has several unrelated things to take care of, JP, well, he hasnt gotten anything new in a while and isnt all about max performance. and me? well, we all know things are changing so rapidly over here what was posted in july is childs play Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by LostMarine; 11-24-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i think one of the people he's referring to is me. and the issue as of today has been solved. it was the fuel pump causing all the issues all along. the car is three years old, pump replaced 1 year after as it was having long cranks at cold start, and now today it was changed again, and the car is running strong once again. i can only hope the oem pump can keep up with the demand upgraded turbos give it. meth is one thing, the fueling has to be there. so after installing the pump i set the user variables low and let them autotune up on map 3 (a combination of map 1 and 2, where map 2 is activated on full meth flow). long story short the new pump is performing wonderfully. this is a serious off topic for this thread but i felt since there is a heated debate, to chill it down a notch Click here to enlarge
    Great! Looking forward to how it runs!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

better minor issues related to fuel pump (which has nothing to do with the tune) than a blown engine in my book.....
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

make sure you run racefuel and have a methfailsafe when your 18+psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    runs better than who? Dynoes are worthless as all read differently. Show me some Vbox logs on pump plus meth to do comparaison . Thats the only way to see how fast a car is running.
    Dynos are not worthless, I really like to get dynojet numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Dynos are not worthless, I really like to get dynojet numbers.
    he probably meant just a glory run would be worthless, and it is. but with a baseline to show the delta.. that is extrememly helpful

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    he probably meant just a glory run would be worthless, and it is. but with a baseline to show the delta.. that is extrememly helpful
    Exactly, so dynos can be very helpful. Ideally, we like to have as much data as we can Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

back OT, I can't wait for the new ignition-controlled launch feature!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

+1, i hope it's not only for autos Click here to enlarge and i cant wait to see what other goodies are included with v5.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Shiv did mention there is an application for 6MTs as well. What you guys need most is the ability to boost off the line. 6ATs have you guys owned there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The v5 traction control feature is for both 6ATs and 6MTs. The build-boost-off-the-line feature is only for 6ATs unfortunately. That's mechanically mechanically impossible without a torque converter or some sort of destructive anti-lag system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    some sort of destructive anti-lag system.
    Destructive?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

yeah the delta definetely. I mean for your own car dynoes on the same place are usefull etc. but for comparaison to other cars they are not. Also you wont see how fast the car is on the street.
    I am also a believer of running a dyno on a map you can actually run sustained multiple times on the street over and over again. Glory dynoes are not usefull besides of knowing you "could" have for example 500 whp but in fact you dont.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Corrected for you LM

I have no fear of when I melt a piston as i do what is required to run as aggressive as i have with a tune that does not directly influence timing Click here to enlarge
    These new features of V5 look great & should really enhance the performance of upgraded turbo's - great work team VishnuClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WOPALX Click here to enlarge
    Corrected for you LM

These new features of V5 look great & should really enhance the performance of upgraded turbo's - great work team VishnuClick here to enlarge

you have no idea what your talking about, if you spent less time wearing shivs trojan helmet, you may see what is taking place. Gotta love groupies for goin offtopic again.

1. when i melt a piston? thats laughable. prcoeed V2 user "Maxboost" melted a piston using 15 psi, with a 20psi boost spike, guess why? he was on 93 octane. sound familiar? anyone using 15-17psi is already dangerous on just 93 octane, and running 18+psi and 93 octane (as thats all thats left if meth stops flowing) is gonna have a serious problem. Is it really that hard to comprehend this?

well, guess what, go back and re-read how many times that i avoided running high boost without either racefuel and/or METH FAILSAFE to avoid just such a situation. Remember a video of me vs a Lambo (and not my lambo to falsely showcase the potential of amy bimmer to help in the sale of my later to be discovered piston melting tune)? remember why we turned boost down? gee, because the flow sensor was acting up. Some people dont let the Ego get in the way. and look how that turned out, not a bad match-up

2. at least you said "influence" and not direct control. but doesnt matter becuase your wrong again, as usual. back to gobbling something beside turkey today huh

Cheers,

LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    sucks these threads get de-railed so easily. i know you were just defending yourself LM, no hard feelings. but seriously guys, save these discussions for the proper thread. woplax obviously was the instigator here, he must have some bone to pick, but dude, this is not the place.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol, i think this is the right place, just wrong thread Click here to enlarge

so 3bar map sensor. I guess we should be finding out real quick how much the internals can really take huh.

Espicially considering JE's new fuel system as shown with Unfor's kit over here. I wonder how/if V5 can control that system, (the fuel, we already know he chose not to run the V4/JB, but instead the SB2) or does it need an external piece to help with it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

you have no idea what your talking about, if you spent less time wearing shivs trojan helmet, you may see what is taking place. Gotta love groupies for goin offtopic again.

1. when i melt a piston? thats laughable. prcoeed V2 user "Maxboost" melted a piston using 15 psi, with a 20psi boost spike, guess why? he was on 93 octane. sound familiar? anyone using 15-17psi is already dangerous on just 93 octane, and running 18+psi and 93 octane (as thats all thats left if meth stops flowing) is gonna have a serious problem. Is it really that hard to comprehend this?

well, guess what, go back and re-read how many times that i avoided running high boost without either racefuel and/or METH FAILSAFE to avoid just such a situation. Remember a video of me vs a Lambo (and not my lambo to falsely showcase the potential of amy bimmer to help in the sale of my later to be discovered piston melting tune)? remember why we turned boost down? gee, because the flow sensor was acting up. Some people dont let the Ego get in the way. and look how that turned out, not a bad match-up

2. at least you said "influence" and not direct control. but doesnt matter becuase your wrong again, as usual. back to gobbling something beside turkey today huh

Cheers,

LM
    So does this mean your tuner of choice, BMS, advocates "unsafe" boost levels when they recommend Map 7 (which is upwards of 15.5 psi) on 93 pump only with FBO? Now you're contradicting your owner tuner because of your disdain for Shiv. Grow up, give credit where it's due and stop spreading misinformation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Stop spreading misinformation. Maxboost ran v1 (without wasteegate solenoid control). This was back in 2007 IIRC. Boost was limited to 15psi tapering down to 12psi buy redline. The only thing "aggressive" about the tune was that it had no timing correction/retard as it was intended for race gas. That tune was no more aggressive than a current jb3 running map 3 or 5. And Maxboost wasn't even driving the car when it overheated. Yes, overheated.

LM-- Your hate is getting old. The only person you are embarrassing is yourself.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Stop spreading misinformation. Maxboost ran v1 (without wasteegate solenoid control). This was back in 2007 IIRC. Boost was limited to 15psi tapering down to 12psi buy redline. The only thing "aggressive" about the tune was that it had no timing correction/retard as it was intended for race gas. That tune was no more aggressive than a current jb3 running map 3 or 5. And Maxboost wasn't even driving the car when it overheated. Yes, overheated.

LM-- Your hate is getting old. The only person you are embarrassing is yourself.

Shiv
    As I've said before I've known of 4 motors damaged untuned. Who knows how many quietly warrantied after mods removed. $#@! happens when modding cars. But let's not rewrite history OK?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sled
    yeah, the motor blew up with 3k on it. the guys at bmw told me it was the first one in the country lol. it blew the #1 piston apart. it also broke the trans and a long list of other things. I believe when it got traded in it had a blown head gasket. BMW kept saying it was fine but I think they didnt want anything to do with it anymore (it was almost outta warranty). It was low on coolant like once a week, they said that was normal lol. I feel bad for who ever has that car now.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine
    off topic, but i thought you would like to see the same deceitful tuner claims it was your fault, not his tune Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sled
    I don't really care that much. Maxboost was the owner of the car, but I was the driver as I was almost everytime the car was raced. That guy can say what ever he wants, but I remember it clear as day. the car was not over heating or anything. I did my normal thing that pass. When i shifted into 3rd gear the motor let go. It was not a headgasket either. A friend did the motor in it at the BMW dealer. The number 1 piston was blown apart and he ended up putting a motor in it. My buddy is on here and he may or may not post about it, I doubt he will. I was told it blew up because I was suppose to put race gas in it, but I dont know for sure. it's all in the past now and I don't care.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast