Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    btw any new news on the new CM meth kits?
    I suggest you make a thread and ask coolingmist, they are a vendor here.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Won't be able to go today, forgot I had an exam tomorrow haha...but whenever I do (most likely sometime this week) I'll post up what I can.
    Hworang - I'm over in Raleigh. Did you ever get into the shop to see if it was a possibility for a larger FMIC on a 535?
    2008 BMW 535iA | Cobb Stg2+ | FBO | Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I did...it's possible but the work that has to go into negates it for me. You have to pull some kind of fuel or gas line or some kind of hard line and get it bent and all that to go around the FMIC or get an custom fabricated FMIC to include that line...I'm just going for meth for the cooling effect and hopefully it'll be enough, I'm not going to track my car or anything but...maybe when I get more money I'll think about it.
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for the update! I may check into it myself - will have to see how cost-prohibitive it is. If I find out anything interesting I will post it up here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I did...it's possible but the work that has to go into negates it for me. You have to pull some kind of fuel or gas line or some kind of hard line and get it bent and all that to go around the FMIC or get an custom fabricated FMIC to include that line...I'm just going for meth for the cooling effect and hopefully it'll be enough, I'm not going to track my car or anything but...maybe when I get more money I'll think about it.
    So nobody has a bolt in option? Seems weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

HPF said that they are compatible but someone from Lutz said that they aren't sure if they are compatible and then HPF reps never got back...So I have no idea...if the HPF FMIC works that'a awesome...but the fitment has not been confirmed.

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

HPF said that they are compatible but someone from Lutz said that they aren't sure if they are compatible and then HPF reps never got back...So I have no idea...if the HPF FMIC works that'a awesome...but the fitment has not been confirmed.
    Send Lutz a PM and find out for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Send Lutz a PM and find out for sure.
    I emailed Andrew from Lutz Performance this morning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Heard back from Andrew @Lutz. Here is his reply:

We have yet to have a 535i come in for an intercooler update, so we have not yet been able to confirm fitment or not.

As soon as we get a 535i in for installation, I can update and let you know how the fitment is.

So, who wants to be first? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So nobody has a bolt in option? Seems weird.
    I think its just because no one really mod's these too much past software, and the market isn't at it's strongest for companies to go out on a limb and test the market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I thought all n54 engines had the same OEM FMIC.
    Why would the Helix not fit then?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@lutzperformance Click here to enlarge
    I think its just because no one really mod's these too much past software, and the market isn't at it's strongest for companies to go out on a limb and test the market.
    Very true.

Hopefully someone with a 5 steps up and gets to your shop to find out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hmm someone wanna give me $1000 so I can be the guinea pig? Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Im going to be doing a big tom setup on an X5 soon. Only reason I resorted to that was because there isnt anything out there at this time for it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Im going to be doing a big tom setup on an X5 soon. Only reason I resorted to that was because there isnt anything out there at this time for it...
    If it hasn't been established if other options fit the 5 yet I'm guessing it is the same for the X5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12569

Next step is a clean effective intake for the 5.
    Last edited by TLO03; 09-14-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I thought all n54 engines had the same OEM FMIC.
    Why would the Helix not fit then?
    Negative. The 535 has the smallest of the bunch. There is a lot of room on it too.

Transmission cooler lines. There is a small tranny cooler in front of the rad above the IC. There is enough slack to move it some. Moving a cooler is fairly easy, so it's just a matter of making it all fit. It really shouldn't be that difficult. I think there is a BMW tax applied to anything outside the normal that you are getting quoted for.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@lutzperformance Click here to enlarge
    Bingo. There a far fewer 5 series owners modding, and it's a slower platform to start with. I think COBB only picked up 30 hp on the 5er. I don't think stage 2 is going to break 300HP on the COBB. It's a shame because there is a little more wiggle room in some areas of the engine bay, and a little less in fewer. I think the 5 would make a great upgraded turbo platform as the intake plumbing could be custom bent to free up a little more air.
    JB4, R1 slotted and drilled, AR meth elbow, BMS/CM FSB meth, Scuba-Steveo intake scoop

Sell me your 535i/xi AR kitless downpipes!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steveo Click here to enlarge
    Negative. The 535 has the smallest of the bunch. There is a lot of room on it too.

Transmission cooler lines. There is a small tranny cooler in front of the rad above the IC. There is enough slack to move it some. Moving a cooler is fairly easy, so it's just a matter of making it all fit. It really shouldn't be that difficult. I think there is a BMW tax applied to anything outside the normal that you are getting quoted for.

Bingo. There a far fewer 5 series owners modding, and it's a slower platform to start with. I think COBB only picked up 30 hp on the 5er. I don't think stage 2 is going to break 300HP on the COBB. It's a shame because there is a little more wiggle room in some areas of the engine bay, and a little less in fewer. I think the 5 would make a great upgraded turbo platform as the intake plumbing could be custom bent to free up a little more air.
    Hey Steveo - I had read (somewhere) that the 5'er Cobb used to test out their AP on had an issue - which is why their dyno pull shows low. They had confirmed when they went back and re-tested on a "good" car, they got the expected 60hp from the 5 engine as well. From what my butt dyno says, if the increase I am seeing on the 93 v.203 maps is only 30hp, then 60hp must be freakin nuts. I will run some 0-60 times when I get a chance and am waiting to find a dyno that I can run on with the limited time I have right now.

Thanks for the info on the tranny cooler lines!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TLO03 Click here to enlarge
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12569

Next step is a clean effective intake for the 5.
    Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steveo Click here to enlarge
    Interesting but weird, why would they do that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12