Close

Thread: Cobb AP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cobb AP

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm moving on from my N54 to the VW MK7 Golf R. As such I haven't any use for my Cobb AP I purchased in June of 2013 for $986 in Plano, TX. Holler if you have any interest as I'm happy with 50% back Click here to enlarge

I might also be open to being convinced that I'm a complete moron and I should stick with the N54 platform. It simply seems all of the great mods are for the 1 and 3 series here, and the 5's are getting left behind...

The VW Golf R with the Stage 1 Revo will do 0-60 in 3.6 seconds which is pretty darn amazing for a 4 banger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would stay with the N54 but I am biased. I also dislike the look and the 'average' VW driver.

What makes you want to get a VW?

You should be able to sell your Cobb for like $400-$450 I think.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 5 series does some things very well but I understand the need for more speed. I think it really is an apples and oranges comparison though.

Is your COBB the V2 or V3? If it is a V3, I am interested. Thanks and good luck with your decision!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheChasL Click here to enlarge
    As much as it pains me to say it, I'm moving on from my N54 to the VW MK7 Golf R.
    I'm glad you are. VWboost.com awaits you Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Eric,

It's a V2. I literally bought it like 30-45 days before the V3 was released. It doesn't have the form factor, but as far as performance goes-it makes a Click here to enlargeHUGE difference!!! Seriously. It's night and day when you plug and play with it-best mod ever for any BMW I've owned. Even better than my RUF chip on my Porsche 964 Roadster years ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Torgus,

I'll tell you it's a tough one for me, as I love the 535xi, but 2008 is getting older now, and it's getting tougher without shelling out several thousand to squeeze any more performance out of this. VW is distinctly different, and I've owned a few so you're correct in saying the "average VW driver" is different than the average VW driver. I will say this though-the "VW ENTHUSIASTS" are very similar to the Bimmer crowd. I wish that BMW didn't go from the N54 to the N55 in the newer 535's as I'd likely stick with that platform to upgrade interior, electronics, AC, tranny, etc., but I haven't heard tremendous things with the N55 yet. In other words, the same upside the N54 has doesn't exist in the N55 so that was out for me. If you know a way I can get a 2008 RS6 into the USA-I'd much rather go that route. I just like the utility and versatility out of a sub 4 second 0-60 hatchback that can still get 30 MPG as I put on 20k a year which is taxing on the old Bimmer.

I won't be getting the VW until Jan 2015-and I'm completely serious about the RS6! If I could get one here and on the road without 6 months of DOT red tape and 60k I'd do it in a heartbeat! In the meantime, I'll continue to spend countless hours going back in forth in my mind about what to do. The VW does seem like a boatload of bang for the buck....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just got a Mk7 gti as a DD, and the DSG paired with Apr stage 1 is a blast. Car also gets great mileage, I've seen as high a 37+ mpg cruising at 60-65 on the highway . It's a great car and if the R was available now I probably would have opted for that. I say go for it, but as far as I know the golf R won't be available in the US until April of 2015.