Close

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So no pics of the turbos to prove these numbers actually came from stock frame turbos with internal gates in place? Just a dyno graph and that's it? lol come on
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I know Donny for years, Donny is Donny, he came out to race me the first day I met him and his car was as fast as mine with a few less mods. He owns a bad ass camaro that is WAY faster than it looks or that anyone would think it is. He races that for $$ at tracks and routinely whips peoples asses who think they will beat him. That is the way of MANY people with fast cars.

No one is begging anyone to help make your car faster, or helping you for free. Obv people like these results and now know whats possible. Like Terry and Donny said sharing info is plenty. Look at the power curve, look at Rays experience with td04s, look at T saying its 100% legit who has seen the logs. ITS A STOCK HOUSING CAR , it has BETTER INTERNALS thats HOLDS BOOST BETTER than any other set, running HIGHER BOOST, HOLDING FURTHER... like Vargas has seen and didnt doubt, i think hes just a little off with the internal components used.

If they say exactly what was used to make this power they just did all the work for other companies allowing them to make ALOT OF MONEY for the work they put in to get there, for personal reasons. This is not hard to understand. If they wanted to sell them they would have said we did this, this is available soon bla bla... They were just sharing results, its not magic or trickery. Like Ray said he followed his formula... Someone else can do it to, just put the work in , no?

There is no reason why a shop cant get to the point they got by TESTING things on their OWN cars like Don and Ray did. I am the OP. Donny is the owner of the car and employee at Rays shop and dyno owner. You got a dyno graph and video, than stock car on the dyno almost instantly which NO ONE commented on saying wow thank you to show the dyno is 100% legit... What do you really want? Don is horrible with computers (sorry don) LOL i dont even think he could post a dyno or use that website. Id be buying these if I didnt own an AT. Someone else please buy them and do whatever to see what they are bc Don will not crack, its who he is. Im surprised he shared as much as he did to be honest lol.... he always has a faster example and has always had the desire to keep it to himself. He doesnt even tell me anything at alll and I am personal friends with him lol...
    Last edited by ChuckD05; 09-02-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

12 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    So no pics of the turbos to prove these numbers actually came from stock frame turbos with internal gates in place? Just a dyno graph and that's it? lol come on

Funny how you call someone out but ignore my post asking you about boost control over 21 psi using cobb only. In case you missed it, I was asking about being able to read over 21 psi without a piggyback, not using wgdc and offset tables to control boost. I believe a more important topic than trolling them for pictures. I also find it crazy that two companies that made "huge product releases" spend a great amount of time on the forums instead of shipping products to customers or finishing development. Just looks bad is all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT-Tom Click here to enlarge
    Funny how you call someone out but ignore my post asking you about boost control over 21 psi using cobb only. In case you missed it, I was asking about being able to read over 21 psi without a piggyback, not using wgdc and offset tables to control boost. I believe a more important topic than trolling them for pictures. I also find it crazy that two companies that made "huge product releases" spend a great amount of time on the forums instead of shipping products to customers or finishing development. Just looks bad is all.

I asked the two times in here. Radar1 answered it indirectly earlier but made it clear that cobb alone couldn't do it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I asked the two times in here. Radar1 answered it indirectly earlier but made it clear that cobb alone couldn't do it...

He was saying piggybacks are inferior, I just want to hear him explain how a flash is miles better....lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He was saying piggybacks are inferior, I just want to hear him explain how a flash is miles better....lol

Im with you.. I understand the benefits of flashes for sure too, but for Donnys case working at a shop with ray this is impossible with just a cobb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know Donny for years, Donny is Donny, he came out to race me the first day I met him and his car was as fast as mine with a few less mods. He owns a bad ass camaro that is WAY faster than it looks or that anyone would think it is. He races that for $$ at tracks and routinely whips peoples asses who think they will beat him. That is the way of MANY people with fast cars.

No one is begging anyone to help make your car faster, or helping you for free. Obv people like these results and now know whats possible. Like Terry and Donny said sharing info is plenty. Look at the power curve, look at Rays experience with td04s, look at T saying its 100% legit who has seen the logs. ITS A STOCK HOUSING CAR , it has BETTER INTERNALS thats HOLDS BOOST BETTER than any other set, running HIGHER BOOST, HOLDING FURTHER... like Vargas has seen and didnt doubt, i think hes just a little off with the internal components used.

If they say exactly what was used to make this power they just did all the work for other companies allowing them to make ALOT OF MONEY for the work they put in to get there, for personal reasons. This is not hard to understand. If they wanted to sell them they would have said we did this, this is available soon bla bla... They were just sharing results, its not magic or trickery. Like Ray said he followed his formula... Someone else can do it to, just put the work in , no?

There is no reason why a shop cant get to the point they got by TESTING things on their OWN cars like Don and Ray did. I am the OP. Donny is the owner of the car and employee at Rays shop and dyno owner. You got a dyno graph and video, than stock car on the dyno almost instantly which NO ONE commented on saying wow thank you to show the dyno is 100% legit... What do you really want? Don is horrible with computers (sorry don) LOL i dont even think he could post a dyno or use that website. Id be buying these if I didnt own an AT. Someone else please buy them and do whatever to see what they are bc Don will not crack, its who he is. Im surprised he shared as much as he did to be honest lol.... he always has a faster example and has always had the desire to keep it to himself. He doesnt even tell me anything at alll and I am personal friends with him lol...
    Its funny how much you just wrote instead of just a pic of the turbos on the car. Just sayin'

Hi @TT-Tom, sorry I didn't see your previous post. There was absolutely no reason to skip it intentionally. The answer to your question is, no, Cobb on its own cannot see higher than the OEM TMAP sensor. The boost limit was never removed by Cobb and that remains today. This is why in the case of single turbos we're not running on Cobb alone and use a standalone in parallel with the DME to control boost higher than what the OEM 2.5bar sensor can support. The key difference from the JB approach is that we're not piggybacking (i.e. not intercepting/modifying signals going to/from the DME). Those that'll want to use their own way of tuning this car including JB/stack approach are more than welcome to run it any way they feel is appropriate for them and go against our recommendation on the tuning side. Hardware and tuning are separate things and the end user/customer can do as they wish with their hardware.

In terms of development of products, there are a number of people involved in making things happen at PTF/MOTIV and not everyone has their hands in everything. I've personally had no hands-on involvement with the hardware/manufacturing side of things. It is all done in the US and I'm in Canada Click here to enlarge So at times I do get some time to post on here and have some fun lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its funny how much you just wrote instead of just a pic of the turbos on the car. Just sayin' Hi @TT-Tom, sorry I didn't see your previous post. There was absolutely no reason to skip it intentionally. The answer to your question is, no, Cobb on its own cannot see higher than the OEM TMAP sensor. The boost limit was never removed by Cobb and that remains today. This is why in the case of single turbos we're not running on Cobb alone and use a standalone in parallel with the DME to control boost higher than what the OEM 2.5bar sensor can support. In terms of development of products, there are a number of people involved in making things happen at PTF/MOTIV and not everyone has their hands in everything. I've personally had no hands-on involvement with the hardware/manufacturing side of things. It is all done in the US and I'm in Canada Click here to enlarge So at times I do get some time to post on here and have some fun lol

Thank you! I assume you guys have something in the works for the single turbo setups? Now tell them to release the kits please Click here to enlarge I have money to spend!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Again. Really? Dont you have some product to test? If I post a pic of some stock frame turbos in a strip club does that mean they got a lap dance? I get that you want to see what was done to them. Besides why would that shop associate itself with a lie? Btw lets see an overlay of this graph with the "fastest spooling single...oh wait nevermind.Dejavu

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Its funny how much you just wrote instead of just a pic of the turbos on the car. Just sayin'
    Because i work 15 miles away from Don and Ray and wasn't there when he installed the turbos... I will go take a picture from the top though... I was answering way more than just you there... others earlier asking for all info etc too... didn't mean for it to be rude but I dont understand why people don't understand. Just like you wouldn't understand when people want more info on things you found out first.

But why would people lie? Better question, would people really make this power come on here and claim what is a downright lie? Esp someone like Ray whose widely respected by those who know him, even some in here who used to be around 3000gts?

If u lie about something like this you need help lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you! I assume you guys have something in the works for the single turbo setups? Now tell them to release the kits please Click here to enlarge I have money to spend!!!
    I am personally just as anxious to have the kits released, and installed on my car, as anyone else, trust me Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sigma 3 Click here to enlarge
    Again. Really? Dont you have some product to test? If I post a pic of some stock frame turbos in a strip club does that mean they got a lap dance? I get that you want to see what was done to them. Besides why would that shop associate itself with a lie? Btw lets see an overlay of this graph with the "fastest spooling single...oh wait nevermind.Dejavu
    See post above on product testing...in terms of stock frame turbo pics, you know what i meant. If it means posting them from a strip club that's fine with me too lol

Because i work 15 miles away from Don and Ray and wasn't there when he installed the turbos... I will go take a picture from the top though... I was answering way more than just you there... others earlier asking for all info etc too... didn't mean for it to be rude but I dont understand why people don't understand. Just like you wouldn't understand when people want more info on things you found out first.

But why would people lie? Better question, would people really make this power come on here and claim what is a downright lie? Esp someone like Ray whose widely respected by those who know him, even some in here who used to be around 3000gts?

If u lie about something like this you need help lol
    Not saying anyone is lying, just wanted a little more than a dyno graph. Personally just wanted to know for sure that you kept the OEM actuators and internal gates on stock frames. Either way, it is what it is and I realize not everyone is up for answering every little question some random on a board asks...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

kate says I got your twins right here

Click here to enlarge NWS:  
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Legit! lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The Fappening. hahaha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Legit! lol
    Chuck lol I can defiantly work my way around a computer lol some software gets me twisted tho... I'll send pics of these turds in my car np! Since u asked nicely

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

The answer to your question is, no, Cobb on its own cannot see higher than the OEM TMAP sensor. The boost limit was never removed by Cobb and that remains today. This is why in the case of single turbos we're not running on Cobb alone and use a standalone in parallel with the DME to control boost higher than what the OEM 2.5bar sensor can support. The key difference from the JB approach is that we're not piggybacking (i.e. not intercepting/modifying signals going to/from the DME).
    I guess when you actually release something then we can compare it to the JB4 implementation. Because, at face value, what you're saying is that the DME reads up to 21psi, there is a stand alone boost controller to run boost, and then absolutely nothing is being done on the tuning end between 21psi (up to what the DME can read) and 36psi. That is a scary thought! What I read above is you're simply using an interior piggyback system like the AEM and trying to sell its weakness (poor integration with the vehicle) as a positive. It's not.

To keep a dynamic tuning ability up to 36psi, control over throttle, critical safety systems like run lean, low fuel pressure, integrated methanol and/or external injector control, etc, you need to have CAN bus access and connectivity to alter tuning. Plain and simple. Not to mention being able to do fast and useful datalogs, monitor things in dash, change maps on the fly, etc.

In short I can't wait to see what you come up with. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    In short I can't wait to see what you come up with. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Thanks! Apparently it works so bad that it was enough to take first place at this years Ultimate Track Car Challenge but hey what do I know

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Thanks! Apparently it works so bad that it was enough to take first place at this years Ultimate Track Car Challenge but hey what do I know
    Love this video but not sure how its relevant to the conversation. One could run that dedicated race car off a 15psi wastegate spring with a free flash map and clean house. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Relevant in the sense that it works? lol and no its not running off the wg spring lmao
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Relevant in the sense that it works? lol and no its not running off the wg spring lmao
    Wouldn't know it from the video... Listen I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I know you & Jake have normal full time jobs and just do this as time permits. At face value it appears to me what you're trying to do is inherently flawed. But maybe I'm missing some detail. When you release the tuning solution in more detail then we can have a discussion about it.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 09-02-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blue24 Click here to enlarge
    Chuck lol I can defiantly work my way around a computer lol some software gets me twisted tho... I'll send pics of these turds in my car np! Since u asked nicely

I couldn't resist... Click here to enlarge Sorry..

Defiantly is an adverb that is linked to the noun defiance, which is defined as "bold disobedience." It is one thing to behave badly and hope to get away with it. It is quite another to want to be seen behaving badly — that's action done defiantly: it defies, or openly goes against an order or rule. People who act defiantly might have a good reason — or they might just want attention.

Definitely take a short video walking up to the car and showing at least one wastegate if you feel like it lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Wouldn't know it from the video... Listen I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I know you & Jake have normal full time jobs and just do this as time permits. At face value it appears to me what you're trying to do is inherently flawed. But maybe I'm missing some detail. When you release the tuning solution in more detail then we can have a discussion about it.
    Yea just a bunch of guys messin'round Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

So we have two dyno logs from a car that nobody has a baseline on with no logs and the builder / tuner hasn't said what has been done differently to the turbos and he will not be selling them to anyone.

So we have a 12 pages of $#@!.

OP Congrats on the record, but thats really the end of this thread, nothing else is of value.

Ps. Kate looks chubby. She's not even attractive until you slobber her with makeup and photoshop the $#@! out of her.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If anyone really wanted to know what was done to those turbo's, i'm sure you could dig around on 3si.org and find some solid leads through what he's done to those turbo's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this cars baseline will be too high, donnys car has been modded for years... why do you need a baseline on a dynojet for this car to validate its power, were not trying to see how much power anything made here where baselines help....

Ray posted a video of a local 135 with FBO backend flash and e40 mix that dynoed 404whp right after this was said before. No one had commented on that... I dynoed 489/489 with RBs at 19 psi eith e85 backend... with a few small issues and one turbo dieing but overall pretty strong car that trapped 126 a month prior to the dyno on a little higher boost.

Where the value lies is its just been proven when you use all good high quality parts inside a modified housing for a td04 center section with the right wheel combo you can make more power than whats currently posted. Like i told Don i may buy these just to run them at 18-19 psi make 500ish and have them be happy they are no longer on Dons car lol... Running my rbs at 20- 21psi like I did daily was prob the reason one smoked within 6k... this set would most likely last me much much longer, bc of the parts used... Thats the value, a set of turbos built right making 500-525 every day reliably is possible, someone matches this set and sells em and the masses will buy them

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast