Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Assist Request: Limp Mode doing highway pulls

This has happened 4 times and seems to be easily reproducible. Starting in 5th gear and a normal speed I floor it and about 120MPH the car hiccups and throws a half engine light. The first two times it did this was with a stock like 93 octane back end flash, the last two times on an E85 blend back end. Car is FBO with SteveAZ's Stage 2 drop in bucket fuel pump. Outside temps were in the low 90's.

http://datazap.me/u/brusk/limpmode82...-6-10-13-14-17

G5 ISO Hex 28, Codes are:
    29E0 - Fuel Mixture Control
    29F2 - High Pressure Pump / Open Loop Set Too High
    29E2 - Fuel Injection rail, pressure sensor signal
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

At 4700 rpms your AFR's inexplicable drop from 12.5 to 11.5 and your trims drop????? If they bottomed out, this could explain your AFR's going rich. Meanwhile your rail pressures are above target if you're running a stock Homo table. They should be dropping, not rising.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click on the banner to visit our store...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Looks like my JB4 FOL has gotten upped somehow. Hoping to test it out some more today.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

You test it out?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You test it out?
    F'n rain. I went got to the entrance ramp of the interstate and it started pouring. Hopefully tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Changing FOL=65 has fixed my issues on limp mode. Weather was nice as was able to do several pulls in 4th and 5th with no issues. Here's one of the logs from 5th gear.

http://datazap.me/u/brusk/map5-fol65...10-14-17-18-28

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    Changing FOL=65 has fixed my issues on limp mode. Weather was nice as was able to do several pulls in 4th and 5th with no issues. Here's one of the logs from 5th gear.

http://datazap.me/u/brusk/map5-fol65...10-14-17-18-28
    Glad you figured it out.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump:
    why and under what circumstances did this start happening to you? i have the same thing happening but it started after i got the no lift shift installed. does it on straight 91 and a also on a e85 mix.
    im thinking aging hpfp or injectors finally just took a dump and its just chance that it started after NLS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Not sure I had the NLS stuff installed when I put the JB4 in originally. Unfortunately due to taking my time when tearing the car apart to upgrade stuff and traffic being too busy I would go months without a good opportunity to really get on it past a quick 2-3 gear sprint.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    Not sure I had the NLS stuff installed when I put the JB4 in originally. Unfortunately due to taking my time when tearing the car apart to upgrade stuff and traffic being too busy I would go months without a good opportunity to really get on it past a quick 2-3 gear sprint.
    Oh ok so it was more just a random issue? I changed FOL to 70 and still the same issue, maybe even worse and it even went limp in 2nd and 3rd not just 4th and 5th. Is it a safe bet to say thay Either HPFP or Injectors are toast? I had roughish idle before and its a lot worse now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yeah mine I had no other symptoms, Car ran/idled great. I wouldn't say it was random I could easily recreate it I just never had very many opportunities to drive fast as higher speeds so and was constantly changing different things so I never knew what started it.

I would say to go get some logs and see how they look, worst case start a threat and post up the logs for people to take a look at.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Already have a thread going on n54 and all Russel is saying is that I need a flash to help trims and open loop, but I still don't get why it did it all of a sudden. I'll start a thread here too.