Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Points
    135.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whenever these runs happen it seems there never is a perfectly running single turbo N54.
    Very true, I have yet to see a good clean race from a single turbo yet. Maybe that will change soon.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Those AA and Gintani S/C set ups are the dogs bollocks... raced a Gintani stage 2.5 or something like that just in a quick 30-100 mph race, I had him until we shifted at 60 into 3rd then it was bye byes, he left me for dust
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    102
    Rep Points
    220.8
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry and I have a few runs with our single turbo cars. Obviously with a new setup and tuning still being developed you are going to have a problem with it.

    Last time at shift sector our cars run solid. I was around 540whp on the 5858 and Terry was at 580whp?

    Anyways we got Shift S3ector and NFZ coming up very soon and we will be racing at least two of our single turbo cars there and I am sure we will see @fastgti69 there and other single turbo guys.

    Kudos to @fastgti69 for posting a video even though he had couple runs where his car didn't perform well and he was on map 4.
    Burger Motorports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

    Click here to enlarge
    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,013
    Rep Points
    5,704.1
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zee Click here to enlarge
    +1 this video makes no sense to me it really shows nothing and just pure speculation from OP.
    I really don't understand, what am I trying to prove lol? I just met up with a few buddies and did some pulls. They beat me from second gear rolls, and I beat them from third gear rolls. What's so hard to understand?

    Makes me not even want to take videos to post, I really thought some may enjoy this stuff. Very weird to me lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Points
    904.6
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I really don't understand, what am I trying to prove lol? I just met up with a few buddies and did some pulls. They beat me from second gear rolls, and I beat them from third gear rolls. What's so hard to understand?

    Makes me not even want to take videos to post, I really thought some may enjoy this stuff. Very weird to me lol.
    you should know better by now not to take haters seriously mayne
    '08 535xi - fbo

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It was not a planned meet. I met up with them last minute and left work early. I didn't bring my camera mount or anything. This is the only video I got from the other car lol. I never really do second gear pulls at that power level so I wasn't expecting that much spin. That was the only variable in this case to be honest.

    I was on Nt05s with regular open diff near 600wtq, I don't know what else to say. I'm sure if I had some radials and LSD it will make quite a difference. We have an LSD on order should be picking it up next week.
    Ok this makes more sense to me now lol but yeah get that LSD ASAP and get some solid vids!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,297
    Rep Points
    1,436.1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whenever these runs happen it seems there never is a perfectly running single turbo N54.
    There's obviously huge issues still to overcome with the tuning

    I just don't understand people saying 'it's fine we have full control of the DME blah blah'... so yeah what's with everyone complaining of shift bog and stuff still if it's so sorted?

    Not saying they're not already damn quick/powerful.. but there's so many issues still to overcome. I'm sure they will be with time too.

    I don't think it's an excuse, just a fact.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    See I can live with that view of the race... But to say "nice kill" or " I can't wait for my single" just don't make sense lol there is potential there but this isn't the best example
    haha i still think it's fair to say 'can't wait for my single' as someone who's already an N54 powered car owner Click here to enlarge
    boop

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Points
    135.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I really don't understand, what am I trying to prove lol? I just met up with a few buddies and did some pulls. They beat me from second gear rolls, and I beat them from third gear rolls. What's so hard to understand?

    Makes me not even want to take videos to post, I really thought some may enjoy this stuff. Very weird to me lol.
    Its the internet PROVE IT! LOL no hard feelings I am just poking at you while I am at work.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    In all seriousness though it does seem like there is still an awful lot to overcome tuning wise for the single kits. I know I've already said it but I personally would rather have some rb's (or equivalent upgrade) twins and make a solid, consistent 400ish whp with almost non existent lag. At the end of the day there's no right or wrong choice, some choices are just more right than others...e46 m3 but to each their own

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    939
    Rep Points
    -20.5
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whenever these runs happen it seems there never is a perfectly running single turbo N54.
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,960
    Rep Points
    2,643.2
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    a few things...

    FAST GTI PPPLLEEEAASSEEE Buy Toyo R888s all around or throw nt05Rs, nt555rs, ET street radials on the rear.... they will do more than an LSD will do for you in races like these. r888s all around will last a good bit, HOOK 1000000x better, and feel 100% stable at all speeds unlike mixed radials with street rubber..... Flame or debate this, but its true. Good rubber will do more for straight line traction than a LSD. Some peoples fastest 60s come from open diffs to... LSDs are more for turning than straight line, i never understand the reviews on here praising straight line grip with an LSD while the car has run-flats on it, it makes me LOL. If you are serious about your cars performance and are a driving advertisement for your turbo kit get good rubber on your car asap!!! 275 r888s will dead hook from 2nd when warm and throttled right, i guarantee u ...


    And I am with Sticky with his point of the M3s being strong.... They display impressive performance and surprisingly do VERY well here... but I do not get how you can say this is a special turbo upgrade for the n54 vs basic supercharger kit for m3. They are very similar upgrades and the only argument id be able to make is that the m3 upgrade is a more substantial one considering its a high compression N/A motor getting boost really waking it up to another level. IMO, that is a more complex or "superior" upgrade than the kit on the n54. Also you speak of built motor boosted m3s etc, when in the country how many are really built motor and boosted like yours or that red one? MAYBE a few more ?!?!? The products to do so have been there for a while, to compare those to any current upgraded n54 is pointless.... Doesn't make sense... stock bolt on kits vs stock bolt on kits are the comparison to make... same level with the n54 being handicapped in that but that is the comparison. Who gives a F about the built motor s65s beating the $#@! out of n54s ? Its no surprise to anyone with common sense what will happen. I don't get why that's always brought up.

    When Tony's motor is done, than that's a comparison worth discussing. But yes s65 SC > n54 upgraded turbo. All around package and potential is just better on s65. This video IMO proves that, SC s65 is a VERY VERY capable and true street performer from all speeds, all the time.


    I also just don't get how a race can happen, on video, and you're on wg spring boost.racing sc m3s for the first time. Wouldn't you have hit your gas prior and realized you were down 100s of hp? Why even race?? But OP still posted it, didn't make excuses, or make up stories, i just don't get it..... Click here to enlarge
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,942
    Rep Points
    2,873.1
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whenever these runs happen it seems there never is a perfectly running single turbo N54.
    The same could be said for your car @Sticky. Clutches are slipping, belts are breaking, or it just flat out isn't "ready yet." Takes time to work out the kinks, you of all people should know this Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @ChuckD05 your comments about the R888's is absolutely true. I drove my buddies 700rwhp supercharged FRC and I could dead hook from any gear! I could not believe how well the car handled *made 650+rwtq*. I have AD08r's now and will be switching to R888's next season. Your comments about the open diff are spot on as well.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,960
    Rep Points
    2,643.2
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    @ChuckD05 your comments about the R888's is absolutely true. I drove my buddies 700rwhp supercharged FRC and I could dead hook from any gear! I could not believe how well the car handled *made 650+rwtq*. I have AD08r's now and will be switching to R888's next season. Your comments about the open diff are spot on as well.

    Click here to enlarge I appreciate the feedback, many would say otherwise on here I am sure... Ive had that argument many times with people but I have learned from experience.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    The same could be said for your car @Sticky. Clutches are slipping, belts are breaking, or it just flat out isn't "ready yet." Takes time to work out the kinks, you of all people should know this Click here to enlarge
    Of course it takes development but my point is the excuses sure seem to fly when turbo upgraded 335's lose.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    They display impressive performance and surprisingly do VERY well here... but I do not get how you can say this is a special turbo upgrade for the n54 vs basic supercharger kit for m3. They are very similar upgrades and the only argument id be able to make is that the m3 upgrade is a more substantial one considering its a high compression N/A motor getting boost really waking it up to another level. IMO, that is a more complex or "superior" upgrade than the kit on the n54. Also you speak of built motor boosted m3s etc, when in the country how many are really built motor and boosted like yours or that red one? MAYBE a few more ?!?!? The products to do so have been there for a while, to compare those to any current upgraded n54 is pointless.... Doesn't make sense... stock bolt on kits vs stock bolt on kits are the comparison to make... same level with the n54 being handicapped in that but that is the comparison. Who gives a F about the built motor s65s beating the $#@! out of n54s ? Its no surprise to anyone with common sense what will happen. I don't get why that's always brought up.
    It gets brought up because people say, 'wait until this amount of boost or it does this or that' and yet it's not fair to say wait until you see an M3 with internals designed to be boosted?

    A bolted on supercharger is not the same thing as a big turbo upgrade on a car turbocharged from the factory.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,013
    Rep Points
    5,704.1
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    a few things...

    FAST GTI PPPLLEEEAASSEEE Buy Toyo R888s all around or throw nt05Rs, nt555rs, ET street radials on the rear.... they will do more than an LSD will do for you in races like these. r888s all around will last a good bit, HOOK 1000000x better, and feel 100% stable at all speeds unlike mixed radials with street rubber..... Flame or debate this, but its true. Good rubber will do more for straight line traction than a LSD. Some peoples fastest 60s come from open diffs to... LSDs are more for turning than straight line, i never understand the reviews on here praising straight line grip with an LSD while the car has run-flats on it, it makes me LOL. If you are serious about your cars performance and are a driving advertisement for your turbo kit get good rubber on your car asap!!! 275 r888s will dead hook from 2nd when warm and throttled right, i guarantee u ...

    I also just don't get how a race can happen, on video, and you're on wg spring boost.racing sc m3s for the first time. Wouldn't you have hit your gas prior and realized you were down 100s of hp? Why even race?? But OP still posted it, didn't make excuses, or make up stories, i just don't get it..... Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Chuck. I think I'll be going with Mickey Thompsons as well as LSD too. I'll need to dry so real tires with better rubber instead of the nt05s.

    The first race, was second gear map 7. I spun so hard, It kicked me to map 4 without me knowing. We went again right after, second races was map 4 and I didn't even know it. Thats when I was like oh, I got kicked down. Then the third and last race again, right after the second race. I lined up and checked everything, map 7 full meth flow etc. Did that third gear roll and just pulled.

    All races I had with all other cars was just like that. Start in third gear, I would just dominate and move out. Second gear rolls, I played catch up because not enough traction on my part. We will all meet again in a couple of weeks.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    @ChuckD05 your comments about the R888's is absolutely true. I drove my buddies 700rwhp supercharged FRC and I could dead hook from any gear! I could not believe how well the car handled *made 650+rwtq*. I have AD08r's now and will be switching to R888's next season. Your comments about the open diff are spot on as well.
    So r888 or Mickey Thompsons?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    No contest R888's!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    To me a 600whp single 335 seems annoying to own. I would be annoyed to constantly be messing with wg springs, fueling, tuning, etc. I'm the kinda guy that likes to get my kit and just run the car. No tweaks, no issues, no messing with maps, just enjoy the car. To each his own but it does seem like the single high hp n54's still have tuning issues to work out and I really question how enjoyable they are to drive/own in the long run.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,918
    Rep Points
    3,963.9
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    To me a 600whp single 335 seems annoying to own. I would be annoyed to constantly be messing with wg springs, fueling, tuning, etc. I'm the kinda guy that likes to get my kit and just run the car. No tweaks, no issues, no messing with maps, just enjoy the car. To each his own but it does seem like the single high hp n54's still have tuning issues to work out and I really question how enjoyable they are to drive/own in the long run.
    When something is set up right there is absolutely no reason to tweak it, this goes for a single turbo N54, or a SC M3. What happens is, these are peoples toys, they think about these cars more than most of the people in their lives, this leads to constantly tinkering, changing stuff etc. I put over 1000 miles on out shop car with over 550WHP and 650WTQ and didn't have to touch a single thing, and it would still be driving fine I am sure, but I wanted to take it to the track, now its broken, and while I have it apart I am going to tweak a few more things to see if we can get some more power. Thats just the name of the game. I know for a fact if someone was happy with 600WHP they could have a shop thats knows what they are doing, install the kit, tune it, and not mess with it for many thousands of miles, but that never happens, 600WHP is only fast for a while, then you want more, then more, then before you know it your nice BMW is a race car. Whoooops

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    87
    Rep Points
    146.6
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    When something is set up right there is absolutely no reason to tweak it, this goes for a single turbo N54, or a SC M3. What happens is, these are peoples toys, they think about these cars more than most of the people in their lives, this leads to constantly tinkering, changing stuff etc. I put over 1000 miles on out shop car with over 550WHP and 650WTQ and didn't have to touch a single thing, and it would still be driving fine I am sure, but I wanted to take it to the track, now its broken, and while I have it apart I am going to tweak a few more things to see if we can get some more power. Thats just the name of the game. I know for a fact if someone was happy with 600WHP they could have a shop thats knows what they are doing, install the kit, tune it, and not mess with it for many thousands of miles, but that never happens, 600WHP is only fast for a while, then you want more, then more, then before you know it your nice BMW is a race car. Whoooops
    +1

    When I bought my 135i I told myself I'd just get the JB4 and enjoy 340whp. Then I drove it, got used to the power, lost a race, and it was time for downpipes, E85, etc. Now I'm basically FBO+Meth and the car runs great when I'm not trying to mess with something. Honestly though, I kind of enjoy doing a little bit of tweaking now and then. It's almost relaxing.

    That race where it hooked up though was amazing. So excited to get my kit!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,960
    Rep Points
    2,643.2
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    @fastgti69 . Id get r888s all around due to zero trade off on handling that you would give up with mixed radials and street radials... You would hook a little better with the et streets but the sidewalls are much softer and high speed hooligan cruising would be a bit more unsafe. R888s all around are the perfect tire setup for any serious enthusiast with high hp and a desire to drive it daily. In the rain isnt a problem at low speeds either, i daily drove them on my 135i for over a year as well as nt05rs , both did fine in the rain when driven like a mature adult. No issues what so ever.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,013
    Rep Points
    5,704.1
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    To me a 600whp single 335 seems annoying to own. I would be annoyed to constantly be messing with wg springs, fueling, tuning, etc. I'm the kinda guy that likes to get my kit and just run the car. No tweaks, no issues, no messing with maps, just enjoy the car. To each his own but it does seem like the single high hp n54's still have tuning issues to work out and I really question how enjoyable they are to drive/own in the long run.
    Well to be honest, there's still literally only a handful of us that are pushing the limits and testing. My car doesn't need any tweaks or tuning. I just fill up with some ethanol and change map at a push of a few buttons. People like me, doing testing will be changing the WG spring, trying different setups etc. We're all still learning with these new types of setups. I honestly couldn't be happier with my N54. Such a fun/comfortable beast to drive daily.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dmacpro91 Click here to enlarge
    That race where it hooked up though was amazing. So excited to get my kit!
    Click here to enlarge Can't wait either!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    @fastgti69 . Id get r888s all around due to zero trade off on handling that you would give up with mixed radials and street radials... You would hook a little better with the et streets but the sidewalls are much softer and high speed hooligan cruising would be a bit more unsafe. R888s all around are the perfect tire setup for any serious enthusiast with high hp and a desire to drive it daily. In the rain isnt a problem at low speeds either, i daily drove them on my 135i for over a year as well as nt05rs , both did fine in the rain when driven like a mature adult. No issues what so ever.
    So any R compound as you said, would be much better than the nt05 I have now? I was debating between R888, Mickey Thompsons, and the Nt05R as you stated.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,960
    Rep Points
    2,643.2
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    So any R compound as you said, would be much better than the nt05 I have now? I was debating between R888, Mickey Thompsons, and the Nt05R as you stated.

    Yes , no comparison really. R888s are a more all around tire though, they will handle better than any tire out there for the $$ as well where the MT or NT05Rs will force you to give up stability up top 100+ changing lanes or over bumps etc... the sidewall is softer and the tread is engineered strictly for straight line grip as a priority where the r888s could shine in a straight line or on an auto cross or race track.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,013
    Rep Points
    5,704.1
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Yes , no comparison really. R888s are a more all around tire though, they will handle better than any tire out there for the $$ as well where the MT or NT05Rs will force you to give up stability up top 100+ changing lanes or over bumps etc... the sidewall is softer and the tread is engineered strictly for straight line grip as a priority where the r888s could shine in a straight line or on an auto cross or race track.
    R888 it is!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •