Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @fastgti69 great kill man! You beat a 6 speed supercharged M3 and that's all that matters. Some may argue there was still a bit of power left on the table for a stock motor S65, but there is certainly still some power left on the table on yours' as well, not to mention shift bog. Doesn't look as bad as Adam's though. Shift bog is keeping me from going to 6MT right now. Man...I really wanna line up with another ST N54
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    What you missed is that the n54 has internals built for boost from the factory.
    Come on man...seriously? Lets not derail this thread....stock motor upgraded turbo N54's are a perfect comparison to a stock motor supercharged M3....DO NOT start making excuses every time one gets beat cause this will be a continuing trend. And guess what? most M3 owners will not want to dish out the coin to get a built motor so get used to seeing this. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Well...TBH you'll only love the S65 until you hear an S85 with an AA or GTHaus exhaust...they decimate all and it's not even close...so if you're gonna buy a bimmer for the sound it's an S85 powered car all the way! lol but the N54 actually sounds pretty damn good with the right exhaust, I believe @fastgti69 is on stock exhaust but of course with the custom downpipe. Click here to enlarge
    Not even close? They're the same motor basically lol. No bias with this guy...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Come on man...seriously? Lets not derail this thread....stock motor upgraded turbo N54's are a perfect comparison to a stock motor supercharged M3....DO NOT start making excuses every time one gets beat cause this will be a continuing trend. And guess what? most M3 owners will not want to dish out the coin to get a built motor so get used to seeing this. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
    Did you watch the video?

12.0:1 compression on 91 octane designed for natural aspiration is the same thing? Oh ok. Sure. And the sky is green.

My point was this is just basic forced induction performance for the m3 whereas a single turbo is not a basic turbo upgrade. Wait until you see the built motors in action. You'll see mine vs. This 335...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    dammit missed the flame LOL

kinda want an S65 over N54 just for that noise, i mean damn they crapped all over the N54 in that department haha

love the reaction of the 5th race though.. as soon as you shifted 'woah'.. and it certainly didn't sound bad at least... and flames are a bonus.

also the fact this is relatively low boost/moderate power.

sigh.. Y U HAVE TO SOUND SO GOOD S65?!
    Man, the Gintani cars were spitting beautiful blue flames LOL I heard I spit some flames too with my corked exhaust.

The exhaust notes, the way the car looks, and how wide and low it is. Everything about the M3 is superior to the 335i, it really is. Just driving behind all of them on the highway, we were the kings. Their cars sounded like a symphony to my ears.

Yep, moderate boost and power. I want to do more second gear rolls and improve there. Gotta get ready for Shift Sector and NFZ.

Nobody commenting on how strong the s65's are? This is why we don't dyno race. This is also why peak torque means nothing.
    The M3's are freaking strong, I do not underestimate them at all.

@fastgti69 great kill man! You beat a 6 speed supercharged M3 and that's all that matters. Some may argue there was still a bit of power left on the table for a stock motor S65, but there is certainly still some power left on the table on yours' as well, not to mention shift bog. Doesn't look as bad as Adam's though. Shift bog is keeping me from going to 6MT right now. Man...I really wanna line up with another ST N54
    Yea lol, I finally beat a blown m3. That's all I wanted to do back in the cobalt days Click here to enlarge. We will keep testing and making more videos when I can. Thanks again brotha.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You'll see mine vs. This 335...
    I'll be ready for your car, Hoosiers and LSD with 34 psi. That will be FUN!!!!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you watch the video?

12.0:1 compression on 91 octane designed for natural aspiration is the same thing? Oh ok. Sure. And the sky is green.

My point was this is just basic forced induction performance for the m3 whereas a single turbo is not a basic turbo upgrade. Wait until you see the built motors in action. You'll see mine vs. This 335...
    lol, yeah it's based of the same motor but 20% smaller...so that means it will sound the same? I think not. The S65 obviously sounds better than the N54, but the S85 is absolutely superior. You're killing me...you really are.

And here we go again...lets see Sticky's car with a built V8 and $40k+ or whatever it is invested UNDER THE HOOD and watch it against a what? $7k turbo kit? or whatever it costs?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let's see a GTR with a tune vs. UGR gallardo. You want to go fast or count coins?

Displacement equals sound quality? No doubt the s85 sounds different but the s65 is the same thing with two cylinders missing. How the same basic thing can have some radical difference that blows it out of the water is beyond me. The architecture by default means similarity and the video says enough about s65 quality. It sounds awesome, end of story. Try harder to muddy the waters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nobody commenting on how strong the s65's are?
    I will Click here to enlarge

I'm glad to see s65's are able to keep up with n54's Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    man @fastgti69 you always showcase your car when its not at full potential, show us what that thing can actually do at high boost, perfect tires, etc
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol I would be shocked if the 335 didn't pull. @Sticky2 give it a rest and let @fastgti69 have his glory. He earned it.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @fastgti69 Nice runs man! I was excited as hell when I saw the thread title. I can't wait to see your car running at full potential! Click here to enlarge
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well...TBH you'll only love the S65 until you hear an S85 with an AA or GTHaus exhaust...they decimate all and it's not even close...so if you're gonna buy a bimmer for the sound it's an S85 powered car all the way! lol but the N54 actually sounds pretty damn good with the right exhaust, I believe @fastgti69 is on stock exhaust but of course with the custom downpipe. Click here to enlarge
    i've heard an S85 (sat in and revved too) with some sorta exhaust

prefer the blown S65 for whatever reason!

it did sound a bit quiet for a 600+rwhp N54 haha.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Man, the Gintani cars were spitting beautiful blue flames LOL I heard I spit some flames too with my corked exhaust.

The exhaust notes, the way the car looks, and how wide and low it is. Everything about the M3 is superior to the 335i, it really is. Just driving behind all of them on the highway, we were the kings. Their cars sounded like a symphony to my ears.
    ahh dammit, them too?! haha

just gotta get the wide body of the M3 Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think I'm missing something here. The 335 won one race and lost twice... It clearly has the power but unless the conditions are perfect they get beat pretty easily (from the vids I've seen). Having said that when things fall into place for the 335s they can hand out some beat downs, but it's really not that often. Not hating but I just don't see the point of the single (and I think it looks ugly). I would much rather have upgraded twins if I owned a 335

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    I think I'm missing something here. The 335 won one race and lost twice... It clearly has the power but unless the conditions are perfect they get beat pretty easily (from the vids I've seen). Having said that when things fall into place for the 335s they can hand out some beat downs, but it's really not that often. Not hating but I just don't see the point of the single (and I think it looks ugly). I would much rather have upgraded twins if I owned a 335
    +1 I said the same thing the 335i clearly won 1 race the other races it lost to M3's with less power. How is this a nice "kill"? Most people on here must not have watched the video LOL.

In car camera is an M3 you can tell by the mirror, Blue sedan is the 335 you can tell by the headlights 07 or 08. white car is an M3, blue coupe is a M3.
    Last edited by Zee; 08-20-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this isn't the *best* example of a perfectly running single turbo N54.

lots of issues to sort out, so i look at this as a 'what this car can do now' baseline haha

it's just like an RB/VTT2'd N54 in 2nd spinning the tires.. which it would, because it makes more torque.. or going into low boost limp mode.. which it can.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car looks like it's running great and sounds awesome, just need to get that flat line issue fixed and traction and it'll be wicked. I really wish you were able to have a high flow exhaust where you live, a fair amount of power and spool missed in that. Not that that would help with your traction problem though... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm personally not a huge fan of the top mounts either, it was just another reason for me to go bottom mount like I did. to me the only reason to go top mount is just to make it blatant to the unknowing that you have a turbo under the hood or you may want to hide a manifold that isn't so great looking. (I do not think the latter is the case here)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zee Click here to enlarge
    +1 I said the same thing the 335i clearly won 1 race the other races it lost to M3's with less power. How is this a nice "kill"? Most people on here must not have watched the video LOL.

In car camera is an M3 you can tell by the mirror, Blue sedan is the 335 you can tell by the headlights 07 or 08. white car is an M3, blue coupe is a M3.
    I almost posted the same thing...but then I actually used my two eyes and my education to read. He ran 12psi wastegate spring pressure on two of the races....and still only 23psi on the race he won. I'm not sure I would classify it as a "kill" either but it was quite clear when he runs his normal tune these M3's had no chance.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    man @fastgti69 you always showcase your car when its not at full potential, show us what that thing can actually do at high boost, perfect tires, etc
    I do real world stuff lol. My car is my daily, it's not prepped with LSD, Slicks, roll cage w/e you want it to be. Plus, I put my car at mid boost because we all knew my car was much faster than all of theirs.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zee Click here to enlarge

Maybe the third time I said this in the thread. Second gear rolls, they had me because I had no traction. Third gear rolls, they never had any chance, and thats only on 23 psi. It's literally nothing to what my car can do. To each his own on what their preference is. I enjoy popping my hood open and having people stand in awe.

I put all info in the first post, so you know what car is what. Running what kit and manual or DCT etc, I put all the info there. Most people might have not read the info.. There are like 20 runs that were not recorded. I did multiple third gear rolls with each car, it was instant pull on my end. I could have raised the boost even more, but what's the point in that when my car is already faster at only 23 psi lol.

lots of issues to sort out, so i look at this as a 'what this car can do now' baseline haha

it's just like an RB/VTT2'd N54 in 2nd spinning the tires.. which it would, because it makes more torque.. or going into low boost limp mode.. which it can.
    People with N54 are the only people that understand. I don't think M3's have too much traction issues when blown as well.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by djpaulie Click here to enlarge
    Car looks like it's running great and sounds awesome, just need to get that flat line issue fixed and traction and it'll be wicked. I really wish you were able to have a high flow exhaust where you live, a fair amount of power and spool missed in that. Not that that would help with your traction problem though... Click here to enlarge
    We will have a cutout on my car next week. Also ordering LSD and slicks so no more traction issues.

I almost posted the same thing...but then I actually used my two eyes and my education to read. He ran 12psi wastegate spring pressure on two of the races....and still only 23psi on the race he won. I'm not sure I would classify it as a "kill" either but it was quite clear when he runs his normal tune these M3's had no chance.
    Thank you for reading, it's not a common thing on forums for people to read. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    doing 2nd gear pulls on the highway is retarded, blocking in traffic in 3 lanes while you slow down to 20 mph ...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

See I can live with that view of the race... But to say "nice kill" or " I can't wait for my single" just don't make sense lol there is potential there but this isn't the best example

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @fastgti69 If you did multiple 3rd gear runs why didn't you show more? I'm just commenting on what I saw in the video saw in the first post. Your car obviously makes more power because when it does hook up it took off. There just seem to be too many variables for ALL the single turbo kits in order to get a solid run.

On a side note the traction issue is why I personally have never been a fan of high power turbo 3series. They are cool to look at but they can't put the power down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whenever these runs happen it seems there never is a perfectly running single turbo N54.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @fastgti69 If you did multiple 3rd gear runs why didn't you show more? I'm just commenting on what I saw in the video saw in the first post. Your car obviously makes more power because when it does hook up it took off. There just seem to be too many variables for ALL the single turbo kits in order to get a solid run.

On a side note the traction issue is why I personally have never been a fan of high power turbo 3series. They are cool to look at but they can't put the power down.
    It was not a planned meet. I met up with them last minute and left work early. I didn't bring my camera mount or anything. This is the only video I got from the other car lol. I never really do second gear pulls at that power level so I wasn't expecting that much spin. That was the only variable in this case to be honest.

I was on Nt05s with regular open diff near 600wtq, I don't know what else to say. I'm sure if I had some radials and LSD it will make quite a difference. We have an LSD on order should be picking it up next week.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

+1 this video makes no sense to me it really shows nothing and just pure speculation from OP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast