Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ticat928 Click here to enlarge
    Even when you spend this kind of money the DCT's in the GTR and Lambo TT are the weakest links at 1,500 HP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPv5JYdTRco

Both these guys had trouble figuring out who was faster due to all the missed shifts.

A heavy duty dog gear clutch-less shift trans might be a better way
    The Lambo doesn't have a DCT. Looks like some user errors there.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ticat928 Click here to enlarge
    Both these guys had trouble figuring out who was faster due to all the missed shifts.

A heavy duty dog gear clutch-less shift trans might be a better way
    Was gonna say, the Gallardo runs a single clutch that basically everyone swaps a carbon ceramic in for. The problem is the pre-LP Gallardo's buck REALLY badly from a stop and burn out the clutches. Ironically, LOTS of people are doing 6MT conversions (ex: the "fastest" TT-G built by Exelixis is a 6MT) on their R-spec UGR builds instead of going to a dogbox.

The next big GTR packages will be the Alpha 20 (some people have this like the T1R GTR) and the new SPE "Kaiju" package; which I think is Air/Water intercooled. Waiting for someone to do a billet block and ditch the sleeved OEM setup.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, Sticky and benzy89 for my continued education

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My favorite part of the video was the rear view mirror shot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Those guys have some serious Porsche ego issues. I got banned when I defended a turbo E46 M3 trouncing a 996TT.

Looking forward to running some of them.

Yeah, I hear you.. people post videos all the time of one car killing another because the other car DID NOT RACE with it's best at the time.. I would only race when I have everything ship shape and at its best. I did note that the people flaming the GTR guy do not flame their Porker mates when they post similar videos.

I am looking forward to doing a few pulls against a stage 2.5 HPF E46 out here this week.... trying to get onto a private estate with 2 mile road to give 'em a whirl from 30mph, 50mph and 60mph to 150 or so, assuming the HPF doesn't break (again)
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    The guy who posted this at 6sp is getting flamed by the HP Porsche guys saying they would spank his car easily. I am not so sure many if any 996TT's would smoke this
    That is unlikely. The good thing about doing this sort of work is - if done properly - you can upgrade to an A14, 16 or even 20. The Sonny Bryant 4.1 has done quite well when FULLY built.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12