Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a manual one where you unbolt a plate and made a huge difference, but I also have an OEM 135i catback system on the car. I don't think it would help a dual exhaust 335i as much. My WGs recirculate so if they were vented that might also reduce the need.

Here is a run with it open then closed, same tuning right after I close it. The funny thing was the 5.9s run done with the cutout closed. When it gets closer to fall I'll time it again with the cutout open. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 08-13-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andy_divers Click here to enlarge
    Ecuts and better flowing exhaust make more power because the pressure differential across the turbine is greater. Bigger a/r housings make more power because the throat is larger. Both are things to keep an eye on when you start splitting hairs.

This manifold should have emap ports if you're going to play musical turbos and housings. True data would require two ports on a divided manifold. Divided manifold WILL run different backpressures from bank to bank. This separation increases the higher the backpressure. Emap bungs should have nothing between them and the head ports. I.e. placed headside of the wastegate. After all, the true use of this data is to see what the exhaust port sees and essentially determine how out of wack engine efficiency is effected.
    It's interesting you bring that up as I do have a mysterious ~0.75:1 afr variance bank to bank that I'm working on hunting down. At first I thought it was just a trimming issue but so far have not been able to "fix" it via fuel trim centering. Bank to bank BP differences did not occur to me. I'm also becoming skeptical of these O2 spacers we're all using.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's a manual one where you unbolt a plate and made a huge difference, but I also have an OEM 135i catback system on the car. I don't think it would help a dual exhaust 335i as much. My WGs recirculate so if they were vented that might also reduce the need.

Here is a run with it open then closed, same tuning right after I close it. The funny thing was the 5.9s run done with the cutout closed. When it gets closer to fall I'll time it again with the cutout open. Click here to enlarge
    Good info thanks. This is with the 65 or the 58? I would be curious to see the difference on the 65 if this is the 58.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is the 65. I'll retest it with the 58. When I first tested it also picked up 15-20rw though.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is the 65. I'll retest it with the 58. When I first tested it also picked up 15-20rw though.
    Oh great! Cool info, that catback must be pretty restrictive

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Looking forward to some people actually plumbing some sensors into these things besides us so we can see some more data for the singles.

Terry, I am not sure they changed the manifold, I think just swapped the turbos. EFR housing options are limited on the 7163, that is the largest divided housing they make at this point, you can go bigger if you go with a 7064 or 7670, but the 7163 is there newest offering and has some exciting technology we have only seen in the newest turbos on the market, such as the 2015 VW Golf R and GTI's. I would go with a Single Scoll in this configuration, 300 RPM down that low wouldn't be worth the top end for me personally. I highly doubt the Ecut is making any difference in power since you're maxing out flow in the housing, did you dyno with the cut on and off?
    What new technology? I just picked up a mk7 gti as a dd. Any plans on an upgraded turbo for the mk7's? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    What new technology? I just picked up a mk7 gti as a dd. Any plans on an upgraded turbo for the mk7's? Click here to enlarge
    Different wheel profiles etc. We have already built an upgraded unit for the Golf R and it is being tested right now in Europe, where they are available. We will be adding more stages to the line up once we receive the initial results

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's interesting you bring that up as I do have a mysterious ~0.75:1 afr variance bank to bank that I'm working on hunting down. At first I thought it was just a trimming issue but so far have not been able to "fix" it via fuel trim centering. Bank to bank BP differences did not occur to me. I'm also becoming skeptical of these O2 spacers we're all using.
    Terry adding in any of the following would help confirm your AFR. TIT per bank EBP per bank or EGT per cylinder. As soon as Jake and Motive release the kit I'll be getting one with bungs for EGT per cylinder and TIT. I may add in EBP later. I'm still in talks with the display and logging company to see what type of sensors I can use for some of the other data like cylinder head temps turbine rpm etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    shouldn't the DME automatically adjust for the differences based on the fact it can actually see the differences anyway?

how much would cylinder one be throwing it off (but isn't the DME also supposed to be able to identify individual exhaust pulses or something?)?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If anything the reported AFR targets should match up perfectly bank to bank and the real AFR in each bank might vary due to back pressure or other differences. This bank to bank variance AFR variance is quite a mystery.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the manifold I know this one flows really well.
    Do we though? If you look back, you are down a good amount of power compared to the other with only the manifold and tranny being different. I don't think we can rule out the manifold just yet.
    Last edited by The Ghost; 08-13-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can make your own conclusions but I believe the manifold flows very well and the dyno difference is due to other factors. With Ando's car there will be some minor changes and we can't wait to get it back to the dyno for another data point.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We are working very hard. Thank you all for the patience
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Going to have VM fab up a better flowing muffler setup for the car. The OEM muffler has served me well but I think it's finally time to move on. Click here to enlarge If I can get 50-60% of the gain I get now from opening the cutout without making it *too* much louder I'll be a happy camper.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going to have VM fab up a better flowing muffler setup for the car. The OEM muffler has served me well but I think it's finally time to move on. Click here to enlarge If I can get 50-60% of the gain I get now from opening the cutout without making it *too* much louder I'll be a happy camper.
    Let me know what muffler they end up selecting. I'm trying to accomplish the same thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    Let me know what muffler they end up selecting. I'm trying to accomplish the same thing.
    Either Vibrant Aluminum 3" inlet/outlet or just make our own. We might do both, just to see the difference in weight/sound.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Either Vibrant Aluminum 3" inlet/outlet or just make our own. We might do both, just to see the difference in weight/sound.
    My aluminum 135 exhaust will be done next week. I will try and take some sound clips with a real mic... not my phone :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andy_divers Click here to enlarge
    My aluminum 135 exhaust will be done next week. I will try and take some sound clips with a real mic... not my phone :p
    Awesome!! Put it on a scale too if possible!!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Aluminum, interesting choice! Aluminum exhausts tend to be louder than thicker SS, so I'm curious how it turns out! Awaiting vids Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123