Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Angry My car is acting insane!

These last couple of days my car has had a difficult time starting if it starts at all. Now I'm pretty sure my battery is dying or something like that. Im just asking to possibly get some kind of insight on what it could be. The car isn't throwing any codes so the only thing I can think of is the battery. Besides the car having a difficult time starting I noticed the windows aren't going down that quarter of an inch like they're supposed to on the coupes. Are these "symptoms" of another problem?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

when was the last time you did anything to the car (new mods, ecu flash etc...)? Hook your car up to a battery charger. Try to see if it crank. If it doesn't crank, You may have fueling issues. It's usually hpfp and injectors. If the car crank, it maybe the battery. However, If you car is running but die because of a dead battery then it is your alternator.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by babuski Click here to enlarge
    when was the last time you did anything to the car (new mods, ecu flash etc...)? Hook your car up to a battery charger. Try to see if it crank. If it doesn't crank, You may have fueling issues. It's usually hpfp and injectors. If the car crank, it maybe the battery. However, If you car is running but die because of a dead battery then it is your alternator.
    when I hook it up to a battery charger it cranks. When I get a jump from another car it also starts right up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marcus335i Click here to enlarge
    when I hook it up to a battery charger it cranks. When I get a jump from another car it also starts right up.
    Sounds like a battery or alternator.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Have you had the cable and fuse box recall taken care of. This caused similar issues for me and progressively got worse and left me stranded a couple of times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hook it up to the charger and crank it. Then unplug the battery charger while the car is idle. If the car dies while idle then it is your alternator. If the car idle without a problem then it is your battery.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You figure it out? Was it the battery?