Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think it's around $5000 for up to 20 cars, or $10000 for up to 80 cars. Something like that.
    We'll do a private day soon. It's time. Maybe November?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm down whenever. Why doesn't BB organize a Famoso day for say 50-80 cars?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's exactly what I'm thinking Terry. Definitely want to keep it under 100.

I think 50 is the sweet spot.

I just want the weather to cool down. Also to be able to attend. Think it's time for a race Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Isn't this a quick time pro drag radial?
    The ones I am on are not street legal, they just call them D.O.T drag radials. D.O.T approved but not for highway use, the have 2 tiny lines down the middle, thats it. There are pictures of people launching them and the sidewalls can wrinkle like a slick with hard enough launch. Before I bought I did some reading to see which ones I wanted, some guys are blasting 1.3-4 60's with them. I was sure with all that TQ down low it was going to blow them off, they dead hooked in first. With our tire rack wholesale account I paid $700 for lightweight 17's and the drag tires, with heat cycling. Hell of a deal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Count me in, but I think it will be easier said than done to get 50 people to actually bring their cars to the track

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Count me in, but I think it will be easier said than done to get 50 people to actually bring their cars to the track
    Well I can bring 5 of our cars... So 45 left to go. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, rentals fill up pretty quickly depending on the crowd.

I don't think we will have a problem. People will even come just to watch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I can bring 5 of our cars... So 45 left to go. Click here to enlarge
    I've already got 10... so that leaves 35 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The ones I am on are not street legal, they just call them D.O.T drag radials. D.O.T approved but not for highway use, the have 2 tiny lines down the middle, thats it. There are pictures of people launching them and the sidewalls can wrinkle like a slick with hard enough launch. Before I bought I did some reading to see which ones I wanted, some guys are blasting 1.3-4 60's with them. I was sure with all that TQ down low it was going to blow them off, they dead hooked in first. With our tire rack wholesale account I paid $700 for lightweight 17's and the drag tires, with heat cycling. Hell of a deal
    If it's what I'm thinking of, it's this:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it's what I'm thinking of, it's this:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../08/D_bg-1.jpg
    The ones I am running right now are these, the car is pretty low and these provide a lot more clearance with a small sidewall, so far so good. If I end needing more tire Im going to go with the 17" slick, which looks like that but is small sidewall. Its hard to find a 17" slick, but they make one model.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hoosier has a 17 inch slick so I'm going to see if I can run that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hoosier has a 17 inch slick so I'm going to see if I can run that.
    Its right here, $220 each, ships same day. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hoo-18157/overview/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its right here, $220 each, ships same day. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hoo-18157/overview/
    Yep, that's it, but I need a rim that will clear my brakes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe apex light weight rims will clear your brakes or kosei k1s. I have 17x9.5 apex arc 8s.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Kasai's are literally under $150 each at tire rack. They should clear no problem, and are nice and light. Like I said I was under $700 bucks for wheels, tires, and heat cycling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the crowd is bigger for 1/4 drag race than let's say for 1/2 roll race.
    I know many guys that would bring their tuned cars to the drag. At least another 5.
    Burger Motorports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AndoBMS Click here to enlarge
    I think the crowd is bigger for 1/4 drag race than let's say for 1/2 roll race.
    I know many guys that would bring their tuned cars to the drag. At least another 5.
    5 from you, 5 from Terry, me, and sticky, only 38 more to go...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    5 from you, 5 from Terry, me, and sticky, only 38 more to go...Click here to enlarge
    Yea they go to Irwindale drag strip almost every weekend, but don't come to the roll races.

Can definitely make a post on our Instagram page too for some exposure. 12k followers.
    Burger Motorports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for reporting the clutch issue. I welded an early prototype feramic disk to a flywheel on a hard AWD launch back in the day on my Mitsubishi and didn't realize the Stage 3+ might do the same thing. On the Mitsu I settled on an ACT race disk as my favorite after that, which I think was ceramic pucks. I should find something equivalent for the BMW probably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Decision is made, going PTF / Spec Twin disk. I like doing this once, hopefully I wont need a clutch again for a while after this, even with hard launched and bad driving

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Kasai's are literally under $150 each at tire rack. They should clear no problem, and are nice and light. Like I said I was under $700 bucks for wheels, tires, and heat cycling
    what's the heat cycling bit?

sounds pretty crazy cheap though for wheels AND tires regardless.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Decision is made, going PTF / Spec Twin disk. I like doing this once, hopefully I wont need a clutch again for a while after this, even with hard launched and bad driving
    is the PTF one different to one directly from SPEC?

it looks like a pretty amazing price for the holding power from spec's quoted price.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Been a huge Mickey Thompson et drag radial fan when I owned an lsx. Used to cut 1.3 - 1.4 60fts all day. I'm sure the Hoosiers work just as well.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    Been a huge Mickey Thompson et drag radial fan when I owned an lsx. Used to cut 1.3 - 1.4 60fts all day. I'm sure the Hoosiers work just as well.
    Every review I have read on LS1Tech, etc. said the Hoosiers were better, thats why I went with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    is the PTF one different to one directly from SPEC?

it looks like a pretty amazing price for the holding power from spec's quoted price.
    I assume it would be the same, as far as I know its an exclusive PTF product, spec only sells it to PTF, and you buy from them. I could be wrong. Maybe Allan knows the answer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast