Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Every review I have read on LS1Tech, etc. said the Hoosiers were better, thats why I went with them.
    Haven't been on ls1tech in almost a decade. Things change when you've been out of the game. Lol
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    Haven't been on ls1tech in almost a decade. Things change when you've been out of the game. Lol
    lol I used a big ls1.com guy around 15 years ago. Was one of the first over to ls1tech back then. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS what were you running back then? My set up on my 01 ta ws6 was 408 iron block lq9 , turbo 400 trans with small p1 pro charger. Best pass was 10.0 @135 mph. Just couldn't get that 9.99 pass and then priorities changed and sold the car.
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS what were you running back then? My set up on my 01 ta ws6 was 408 iron block lq9 , turbo 400 trans with small p1 pro charger. Best pass was 10.0 @135 mph. Just couldn't get that 9.99 pass and then priorities changed and sold the car.
    I had a bunch of them. Was the first LS1 stock short block in to the 10s with a head/cam package, weight reduction, 4400rpm stall, etc. In fact I was one of the first ones to run that magic 4400rpm stall. Then I had a 396 NA build in the 10.60s with a TH350, and a string of other low 11/high 10 second cars. I built a couple P1 cars too but they were LT1s. Also high 10s. The holdup was always the trans and I never wanted to do a 3spd. Once I did it in the 2001 LS1 I never drove it and eventually sold it.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those were the good old days of the ls1. Funny that you are tuning German cars now.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those were the good old days of the ls1. Funny that you are tuning German cars now.
    Definitely the good old days... Before ls1.com (which was before ls1tech.com) there was an fbody email list. This is in the 90s before the forums caught on. A lot of these old guys are still around the scene and I'm surprised how many I've come across now who have moved in to turbo BMWs.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Definitely the good old days... Before ls1.com (which was before ls1tech.com) there was an fbody email list. This is in the 90s before the forums caught on. A lot of these old guys are still around the scene and I'm surprised how many I've come across now who have moved in to turbo BMWs.
    Yep was a member on ls1.com before ls1tech.com. I think people went to turbo bmws for the ease of getting power out of this platform. Still can't get into this roll racing business that everyone is into nowadays. Now if Tony can send me my stage 3 kit soon I'll be a happy man.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I assume it would be the same, as far as I know its an exclusive PTF product, spec only sells it to PTF, and you buy from them. I could be wrong. Maybe Allan knows the answer
    must be a different product if it's PTF exclusive (well, i'm guessing it has some PTF branding on it?)

spec told me they can sell a twin-plate directly, but that was before the PTF product announcement so i don't know if anything has changed.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    must be a different product if it's PTF exclusive (well, i'm guessing it has some PTF branding on it?)

spec told me they can sell a twin-plate directly, but that was before the PTF product announcement so i don't know if anything has changed.
    They were telling me they had a twin disc available last year at Bimmerfest so its nothing new, as I said I cannot say for sure, but I think PTF helped them develop it over this past year as an exclusive. I really do not know for sure, Allan most likely does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They were telling me they had a twin disc available last year at Bimmerfest so its nothing new, as I said I cannot say for sure, but I think PTF helped them develop it over this past year as an exclusive. I really do not know for sure, Allan most likely does.
    i'm sure we'll find out in the coming weeks/months or whatever Click here to enlarge

i'm hoping it's like you're thinking.. PTF helping spec get the clutch to just the level of performance it needs, could mean it's better to drive with than it otherwise would be, not too over-built.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The tires tony is using are referred to in the street racing community as a "cheater slick". Users often call them drag radials....because of the 2 credit card lines in the middle lol....but when you take a closer look and see them in person, they are basically slicks lol. seen many arguments over this before where someone says they will be on a dot radial for a race, then they show up with those hoosiers, and the other party of the opposing car is like wtf!
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have the same tires on a set of koseis that I am actually selling. If anyone is interested 500 shipped obo, two kosoeis and two Hooisers posted above.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    i have the same tires on a set of koseis that I am actually selling. If anyone is interested 500 shipped obo, two kosoeis and two Hooisers posted above.
    how much life is left in them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The biggest thing I take away from that dyno is 50+psi against the exhaust valves at 7k Click here to enlarge Shows the stock valve springs and retainers are pretty legit Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andy_divers Click here to enlarge
    The biggest thing I take away from that dyno is 50+psi against the exhaust valves at 7k Click here to enlarge Shows the stock valve springs and retainers are pretty legit Click here to enlarge
    110% agree, makes one wonder about all that FFTEC Vishu talk about stock valve springs failing on single turbo motors with much much less back pressue. I was calling bs back when they first said it, real world results prove that the stock valve train is more than up to the task. I honestly hope more hardware manufactures start providing more data than a canbus data log and a graph with their hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    110% agree, makes one wonder about all that FFTEC Vishu talk about stock valve springs failing on single turbo motors with much much less back pressue. I was calling bs back when they first said it, real world results prove that the stock valve train is more than up to the task. I honestly hope more hardware manufactures start providing more data than a canbus data log and a graph with their hardware.
    yeah what was it.. unequal backpressure from the manifold causing the exhaust valves to float?

rightoooo >_>
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    PTF helping spec get the clutch to just the level of performance it needs, could mean it's better to drive with than it otherwise would be, not too over-built.
    I am curious why people think Spec needed PTF to help design a clutch. They seemed to do just fine with their other models.

I can't believe they would make it exclusive either. It means the product they designed and manufactured they sell to a single distributor who gets to make margin off a product they didn't design or manufacture? Why give someone 20% margin when you can sell it direct and make 10% more...
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I am curious why people think Spec needed PTF to help design a clutch. They seemed to do just fine with their other models.

I can't believe they would make it exclusive either. It means the product they designed and manufactured they sell to a single distributor who gets to make margin off a product they didn't design or manufacture? Why give someone 20% margin when you can sell it direct and make 10% more...
    Not sure why its so hard to understand. First of all the market for a twin disc is most likely not that big, manufactures do exclusive deals all the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure why its so hard to understand. First of all the market for a twin disc is most likely not that big, manufactures do exclusive deals all the time.
    But why do an exclusive deal vs. selling the product you designed and manufactured yourself. Like would you sell your stage 3 turbo kits exclusively through PTF? What advantage would that give you? Seems like a similar situation, you designed and manufactured but choose to sell through someone else exclusively? I don't see the advantage of letting someone else make margin off of your product.

Everyone on this platform already uses Spec basically, it's the default goto upgraded clutch atm. They are well known, I can't see them thinking they would get more sales through PTF vs. selling directly and making more $$$.

What is the advantage for Spec to go exclusive and make less margin? The only thing I can think of is if PTF put in a stocking PO of like 25 clutches or something to be exclusive for X period of time.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, what does it matter? You seem up in arms about it. If its an exclusive, its an exclusive. If you want one, buy one from PTF, if you don't its not on your radar anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, what does it matter? You seem up in arms about it. If its an exclusive, its an exclusive. If you want one, buy one from PTF, if you don't its not on your radar anyway.
    I'm not up in arms at all, just curious. I'm much more interested in the business sense of Spec potentially going exclusive to PTF(which is all just internet hearsay). That is what I don't understand as I tried to make clear above by using your product as an example. I don't see there being a value add for you to sell through PTF. Spec being a larger company, I don't see the value add of allowing PTF to be exclusive. I am also surprised so many people seem to think PTF was needed/helped etc. in regards to the design of it. It's not like this is Spec's 1st Rodeo. Again I'm really just curious what the businesses sense behind it would be.

When my Spec 3+ fails I'll be looking at an upgrade, I don't care who sells it, just that the product is offered when/if I need it.

Do you know if Spec designs and manufactures any other clutch kits and allows someone else to be the exclusive distributor of them? Maybe it's common in the industry, I just don't understand exactly why.
    Last edited by Torgus; 08-17-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why does Spec's business choices have any bearing on you? If you need a triple disc, buy one from wheoever is selling them. I never understood people second guessing what a company does like their own personal bottom line is being hurt by a decision a business makes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I'm not up in arms at all, just curious. I'm much more interested in the business sense of Spec potentially going exclusive to PTF. That is what I don't understand as I tried to make clear above by using your product as an example. I don't see the value add of allowing PTF to be exclusive. I am also surprised so many people seem to think PTF was needed/helped etc. in regards to the design of it. It's not like this is Spec's 1st Rodeo.

When my Spec 3+ fails I'll be looking at an upgrade, I don't care who sells it, just that the product is offered when/if I need it.

Does Spec design and manufacture any other clutch kits and allows someone else to be the exclusive distributor?
    First off this is a completely hypothetical discussion. I have no knowledge of actual situation or if I'm off in the woods instead of on the green.

Let's say PTF wants a twin disk clutch to help put the power down for the race car/Motiv kit customers. They approach spec. Spec decides there is not enough market to interest them in development so they don't pursue the idea. PTF offers to help offset development cost for some type of production/exclusivity deal. Clutch is developed as a co-venture with PTF/Motiv offsetting the risk for spec and keeping the price low enough to sell units on a not very desirable clutch option as many have stated it is not needed yet as Stage3+ has yet to start failing due to torque.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gllad to see someone gets it as I did not feel like explaining why exclusive deals are done most of the time, but yes its becase the manufacture may not want to pny up the initial investment, so the company that is looking to have the product made, covers some of the cost in exchange for exclusive rights to sell the product, these rights usually last a pre-determined amount of time, then the manufacture regains the right to sell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ingeniator Click here to enlarge
    Stage3+ has yet to start failing due to torque.
    I haven't seen any 2+ fail due to tq either. Their clutches seem to be holding up quite well.
    Change is constant

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast