Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

More VTT HPFP and maxed out Billet Stage 2 testing, New N54 Stock frame WR - 557WHP / 644WTQ

Jumped on the dyno to do a little messing around today, we literally decided to see how much boost we could make with these stock frames. Dzenno was kind enough to send me some maps he called "piston shredders" hahaha. Basically just as much WGDC as we would get, everything else the same as last time, timing, etc. Results were as we assumed a nice bump of midrange WTQ to 644 WTQ, and horsepower basically stayed exactly the same, which is now the standing N54 stock frame WR. Not happy with this or stopping at the map limits, I took our Mighty Vac vacuum pump and literally clamped the gates shut at 30 In Hg. It made the same amount of power, so basically there is nothing left, that's it. Pretty fun testing, Datazap log is there, Shotgun holds perfectly, not a single correction across the board, if the turbos were a little more free flowing, the power would continue to climb. People speak of bang for your buck. Our VTT Stage 2 and Shotgun HPFP kit is the best N54 bang for you buck out there, coming in at $4500 with billet upgrade and Double Barrel kit for power like this. Of course we would NOT recommend anyone run these "piston Shredder" maps or anything like them, but seeing 500-525WHP, and 550+ WTQ is not out of the realm of reality on 100% E85 and an aggressive tune. Pretty cool to see what a full maxed out set of Stage 2's can do on 100% E85. Cheers...Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Datazap log:http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbot...7&zoom=138-298
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 08-09-2014 at 03:27 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    644wtq must be unreal... Great numbers! Now if you could just get them to last at those numbers I might not have to consider a single kit! The best part is seeing the HPFP kit working as it should under very demanding conditions. Props to you Tony!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I sincerely respect and appreciate that you clamped the wastegates shut. Seriously made me laugh out loud. Great data!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the updates! Yes I do wish these higher numbers could be reliable, but you can't have
    everything! I do think that HPFP is a must have now. Dammit!
    Last edited by blackshan; 08-08-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As far as reliability, I've been beating on this set of turbos, very very very hard, doing many pulls at levels like this. So far no smoke, no drama just consistent boost and spool. With that said I am not sure how long they would last here. I can post AEM logs if you would like. Boost maxed out at 29psi midrange tapering to about 18 at redline, back pressure at redline when boost was 18Psi was right around 53psi, so were staring down the barrel of 3:1 ratio of back pressure to boost, not exactly a happy place. Shaft speed sees about 215K at redline, EGT like 1500, that's not bad really. I'm going to keep abusing this set and see how long they last, heading to the track next week to see if we can short shift our way to a stock frame 1/4 record, so they will be seeing more abuse. Also doing street pulls, boost actually gets around 33 psi and spool is 300-400 rpm quicker than on the dyno as the load is much higher. I wish we could get 33 psi on the dyno. 575 / 660 might have been possible.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 08-09-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol that's awesome. It's something I would do if I had a spare motor and stage three on deck with the vacuum pump. Cool info though especially with the backpressure data and EGT. Tear it up at the track, hope you have traction for all that torque, I sure don't and I only have a fraction of that!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha thats insane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't wait until you start shipping them. Hopefully we get ours before NFZ.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    almost disappointing in a way... no more wondering what stock motor stage 2 turbos can do haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    I sincerely respect and appreciate that you clamped the wastegates shut. Seriously made me laugh out loud. Great data!
    Ha! I did too. That's awesome.

-Rich
    2010 E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD Graphite Luster Metallic (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

215Krpms... 215krpms... 215krpms... holy $#@!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome results!! Any update on time frame when the kits will ship?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    with 644wtq...not only a piston and turbo shredder map, but also a tire shredder map too! Good work and nice results! The shaft speeds and back pressure data is def not for the faint of heart.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also curious why the datazap doesn't show over 21 psi? Does logging not register over that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeff75225 Click here to enlarge
    Also curious why the datazap doesn't show over 21 psi? Does logging not register over that?
    Cobb has not removed the 21.5 boost limit in the DME yet, so even though we can run a lot more the stock data logging cannot show higher than that. We use a AEM AQ-1 datalogger and analog boost gauge to see what we are really making. that last run we hit right around 29 psi max in the mid range. Also note all this tuning is done on the stock map sensor, Dzenno makes it works perfectly. We do have run a 4 bar map for the AEM as on the street we see over 29 psi with a big load on the car, so we need the 4 bar to see above 29 psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also a little more info on the fuel set up yesterday. While the majority of these runs were done on the DB kit, but the first 4 runs of the day we did not realize we had knocked the plug loose on the second pump while giving the car a check over before the dyno session. This basically means we were running on the SB kit for those runs, run 4 we made 535 / 598 and while the HPFP was not holding where we would like to see it, it did not drop down below 1200PSI (what we consider the limit for HPFP pressure), when the fuel demand really came on, held closer to 1300, no misfires, no limp. no CEL the car made the pulls just fine, and we had no idea we were dropping pressure until we checked the logs. Earlier testing had shown us the same results with the SB holding acceptable HPFP PSI at elevated power levels, but we were not on the dyno so we did not know the power we were making. We suggest the SB kit only for people on stockers or stage 1-2 style turbos looking to make <500-510WHP on 100% E85. While it did hold at 535+WHP and almost 600WTQ, we do not like seeing the pressures get that low even if it does run ok. Hope that helps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome! I appreciate all the information. I'm running RB's, and I already preordered the SB kit. I'll be fine with lower limits especially since I have an AT and am having it replaced soon anyways because it's started slipping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice results tony. I have beat on my stage 2 batch 1's since they came out. I have never had any smoking issues or other turbo issues period. I always run map 3 with at least a 65 add. and they are still holding strong. Guess the thrust and billet wheel upgrades were worth it. At least for me it was.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    impressive results. It's pretty wild to see what an upgraded set of stock twins can do peak power wise with a little more fuel. I'm interested in seeing track times to compare the quick peak but dropping power of these with the single kit's slower to come on but constantly rising power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Lol wtf! Torque mountain
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just seeing this (have had my hands full) but impressive. I like the way this car is tuned!

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also a bit more info from yesterday, here is the log when made 535/598 running basically the SB setup, on this run HPFP only dipped to 1350 at its lowest(which is in the "ok" range but lower than we are comfortable with), you can see we lift early as this was the run I became aware the second pump was not coming on and wanted to figure out why before doing any more pulls to redline with such aggressive maps. For those levels on 100% E85, that HPFP pressure is pretty healthy. To compare it here is a stock HPFP log on 100% E85 on a much less aggressive tune, and way less power.

Datazap Shotgun SB: http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbot...15&zoom=74-192
    Datazap Stock pump: http://www.datazap.me/u/vtt-shotgun-...12&zoom=79-134

Also here is the graph from that run.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also for Shotgun ETA, we are looking pretty good. We have final parts being cut now, I have been actually waiting to get them in my hands for about 2 weeks now, once we get them, we just put them back on the test stand motor make sure everything is fitting perfectly, and give the green light to cut a run. I do not want to give a ETA as far as a date, but things are coming together nicely on these with no holds ups so far. We are excited to get them out there, and see you guys enjoying running E85!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Also a bit more info from yesterday, here is the log when made 535/598 running basically the SB setup, on this run HPFP only dipped to 1350 at its lowest(which is in the "ok" range but lower than we are comfortable with), you can see we lift early as this was the run I became aware the second pump was not coming on and wanted to figure out why before doing any more pulls to redline with such aggressive maps. For those levels on 100% E85, that HPFP pressure is pretty healthy. To compare it here is a stock HPFP log on 100% E85 on a much less aggressive tune, and way less power.

Datazap Shotgun SB: http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbot...15&zoom=74-192
    Datazap Stock pump: http://www.datazap.me/u/vtt-shotgun-...12&zoom=79-134

Also here is the graph from that run.
    Click here to enlarge
    Just to clarify, are you saying the SB will have this sudden drop in HPFP supply (~900 psig, shown by marker): http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbot...9-174&mark=142

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EvanL Click here to enlarge
    Just to clarify, are you saying the SB will have this sudden drop in HPFP supply (~900 psig, shown by marker): http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbot...9-174&mark=142
    That sudden drop is caused by the HPFP being above target, the DME sees it is above target and tries to correct it, same as the drop earlier in the rev band when it is above target, when it tries to correct it, the DME drops voltage to the FSV, and it always seems to overshoot. The single pump cannot recover enough to come back to target. All you are looking for is HPFP pressure holding above a critical level, the drop takes it from 530 above target to right around 1750PSI, 1750 HPFP psi is doing very very very well on 100% E85. This is what is known as a common rail system, the number you are seeing is rail pressure, as long as rail pressure stays at a level that can provide enough fuel to supply the demand the injectors are asking for, you have no problems. It can fluctuate wildly and not effect anything. Please go ahead and take a look at what the stock pump does, and you will see how much better the SB is doing. Also do not forget this is a run making 600WTQ and 535WHP, we do not recommend SB for anything over 500-510WHP. The SB kit is designed for people, who want the ease of only running 1 pump, and want to run 100% E85 at moderate power levels.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast