Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

AD Engineering Single turbo kit

Most have probably seen this posted on FB but for those that haven't, here's another option coming down the pipeline. Supposedly hitting the dyno this weekend. Per their posts, production is already in process, will have kits on the shelf ready to ship when it's released.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    H O O N

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh man, that looks clean. Any word on price range?
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why is the intake like 90 degrees? They're a bit hard to find, could you post a link to their Facebook?
    Last edited by blisstik; 08-06-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They made kits already and almost ready to ship but haven't tested and dyno'd?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very interesting. This looks like a pretty cool kit, someone else realizing short runner bottom mount is the way to go. Interested to see dynos. This is market is about to be flooded, glad we never bothered with a single to be honest. I actually like that they have jigged up everything and have it ready to go before they announce I truly wish we would have done the same. At this point we know how an N54 single is going to run, if you build a solid kit it will perform well. Releasing dynos, and the kit at the same time does not seem out of line to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is not a project that has popped up over night I saw details about this back in the beginning of the year. I think they were fighting some oil leak issues on the engine that this was being developed on or something that slowed down the process.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Why is the intake like 90 degrees? They're a bit hard to find, could you post a link to their Facebook?
    From looking at the other pics on FB, it seems like once the engine is back in the car that was the only placement for it that would allow such a large filter.

I'm curious how much this is going to cost. Custom carbon stuff isn't cheap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Kits are popping up left and right now.

Anyway, like the looks of this one let's see how it performs.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Spool should be pretty nice on that...man I love how the market has exploded in the past half year or so.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    looks awesome.... @fastgti69 you have become a skeptic since you gained vendor status... You're kit will do just fine despite whatever competition hits the table... I would consider yours as #1 on my list if i had a manual car at the moment.... My .02 to you is stay out of other threads questioning other kits to show confidence in your kit. This isn't an announcement from the company just pictures so you do not know if its even released, they could have dynos for all we know or they could not. They may or may not release them when they release the kit.

But just from looking at your kit, your solid numbers came after pictures of your kit were out, which is just what this is. You also had a dyno that was not to impressive released prior. For you to write what you did is a bit ironic because the same could have been said about your kit which was the first of its kind, in your car, with no dyno for a while. Pictures are just that, Pictures.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More competition means better prices for the end user!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    saw it on FB. Kit looks great. Can't wait to see the cost and numbers. I have a feeling this kit will be priced around the ZNS kit. Short runners FTW.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Is it me or does it just look like a clone of the FFTEC bottom mount manifold?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    AD appears to have better merge collectors...

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Doesn't look like a clone to me. Of course... there are only so many inline 6 turbo manifold designs before they start to look similar...

I like the intake. I've been wondering how long it would be before someone did that. We do that for intakes/ducting on turbine engines all the time at Honeywell. I've thought about what level of shenanigans it would take for me to do something like that on my stock frames...

Kit looks clean. I love the rush that's going on right now for single kits. It's incredible. I bet the kit designers aren't liking it (and I don't blame them) but it sure is fun to watch from the sideline. I also respect the healthy amount of scrambling going on for data/dynos/etc. It's like getting ready to judge a science fair and all of a sudden different methodologies are being exposed which solve the problem different ways... fun & exciting times. I find it hard to imagine this won't propel n54 know-how forward quite a bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks roughly equivalent to me. Maybe 2" shorter runners but as a result less room for the intake. Shrug.

I'm over single scroll setups personally. Let's see some twin scroll manifolds. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    This is not a project that has popped up over night I saw details about this back in the beginning of the year. I think they were fighting some oil leak issues on the engine that this was being developed on or something that slowed down the process.
    Not so much fighting leaks as doing maintenance. The engine has 100k on it so some gaskets and things needed to be changed. The jigs and Andy's no compromise attention to detail are driving the pace of this kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Terry...it's not a clone. It's clearly been revised. Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Are we really going to get into clone talk? There are a lot of N54 products that look eerily similar....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^kinda like the JB4 and proceed lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah because platforms never have 2 piggyback tuning solutions /gasp. The feature set for the piggys evolved due to the end users demanding certain features, be it meth integration or any other feature that one vendor had before another. It's not as if one vendor is copy pasting code, they both have two different tuning philosophies and different approaches to solving the same problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did the O2 sensor burnout problem ever get solved? I know spacers were being tried, but did they fix the issue?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Please explain.

Nevermind. Your trolling does not require an explenation

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)