Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 49 of 49
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    So on e10 93 scaler at 1.0, which bank is wrong... the one at -3.3 or the one at +5.5

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    58
    Rep Points
    170.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls3c6 Click here to enlarge
    So on e10 93 scaler at 1.0, which bank is wrong... the one at -3.3 or the one at +5.5
    The bank at -3.3 is the rich bank, it would be that one.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    so replace the 3 inj there for sure?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    bump, doing the same thing as usual no change... zero faults

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Sorry to ask but you have OFT stage1? Isnt that the notouriuosly aggressive map from Shiv? Friend if mine got fuel pump codes on that after a few weeks.

    Have you tried running oem tune, is the issues the same?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Same issue on oem tune

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    I ran E40 in my 335i and cold engine, well it sounded as a 4-cyl diesel, but if I turned it off and restarted it ran better, think the DME tries to heat up catts with high EGR's but it stops if one turn off/on.

    I dint know if this is why but it helped me. Good luck, how is the OFT logging? And can you reset adaptations?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    yes I have reset adaptions, I'm running 93 octane.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Pulled the plugs, they've been installed for 5k miles. Cylinders 2-6 have a lot of carbon at the base and first 1-2 threads, cyl1 was a lot better, electrodes insulators and straps look good.

    Looks like at idle injectors 2-6 are too rich/faulty/uncontrollable? Injectors 1 and 3 are 138-7s the rest are 261-7 and 8s

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls3c6 Click here to enlarge
    Pulled the plugs, they've been installed for 5k miles. Cylinders 2-6 have a lot of carbon at the base and first 1-2 threads, cyl1 was a lot better, electrodes insulators and straps look good.

    Looks like at idle injectors 2-6 are too rich/faulty/uncontrollable? Injectors 1 and 3 are 138-7s the rest are 261-7 and 8s
    In TunerPro what is the value under Throttle > Threshold (Major Throttle Closures) set to for your OFT stage 1 ?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    In TunerPro what is the value under Throttle > Threshold (Major Throttle Closures) set to for your OFT stage 1 ?
    Whatever default is for map version 1.05, .960 I think? Behavior doesn't change with oem flash

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    ls3c6, I am having very similar issues to what you are experiencing.

    Rough idle on startup that goes away after fully warmed up with no codes.

    My maintenance history is similar to yours as well, the problem did arise after changing to a new set of plugs.

    I believe my issue is a leaky injector as plug #6 was very dark with a strong smell of fuel.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls3c6 Click here to enlarge
    Whatever default is for map version 1.05, .960 I think? Behavior doesn't change with oem flash

    Ive had something similar to your issue and these where my fixes being that the issue is NOT HW related

    Bad Fuel
    Reverting the throttle threshold back to stock (to diagnose)
    Setting the first cell (0.00/0) in Fuel (Min Cat Protection Mode) to 11.7 or 12.7 or 13.7

    Please dont get Fuel (Min cat protection Mode) confused with Fuel Floor (Min Car protection mode)

    One of these should fix the issue. More likely the Fuel (Min Cat Protection Mode) will do the trick for cold starts, Try also the default(OEM) value for Throttle Threshold in combination with this.
    Last edited by BuraQ; 10-13-2014 at 02:19 AM.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Ive had something similar to your issue and these where my fixes being that the issue is NOT HW related

    Bad Fuel
    Reverting the throttle threshold back to stock (to diagnose)
    Setting the first cell (0.00/0) in Fuel (Min Cat Protection Mode) to 11.7 or 12.7 or 13.7

    Please dont get Fuel (Min cat protection Mode) confused with Fuel Floor (Min Car protection mode)

    One of these should fix the issue. More likely the Fuel (Min Cat Protection Mode) will do the trick for cold starts, Try also the default(OEM) value for Throttle Threshold in combination with this.
    Can you please explain what changing the first cell of Fuel (Min Cat Protection Mode) to any of those values will help with?

    I assume there won't be an adverse effect on the car?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Digitalism Click here to enlarge
    Can you please explain what changing the first cell of Fuel (Min Cat Protection Mode) to any of those values will help with?

    I assume there won't be an adverse effect on the car?
    Because thats what the DME begins with when there is 0 load 0 RPM factors. Its the starting point for AFR's when the car is in open loop on cold starts. There may have been a change in fuel quality and now weather is changing having an affect on AFR's

    There are no side affects, I tuned this out on my car and many other cars, no issues, provided it is not a hardware issue however this is coming from a COBB ATR POV, since OFT plagiarized COBB's work Click here to enlarge

    I am running E40, E50, E60, car starts better than it was on stock.........of course more work was done to more of the table, however in the case of the OP he only need to change the first cell to see if there are any improvements on the start up first.
    Last edited by BuraQ; 10-13-2014 at 08:25 AM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the explanation.

    I may try this if replacing the suspect/leaky injector does not fix the issue.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    my XDF for OFT appears to be a divisor rather than a AFR value, why would major throttle closure affect startup behavior though? Stock is .984, I'm using .960. Also keep in mind reverting to the stock flash results in the same behavior... all my car has on it is DCI. Attached is a screenshot of my current fuel min cat table, these values do not change when flashed either. thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    and to clarify it "starts up" fine, RPM over 1000, but when the RPM goes below 1000 or I put it in gear to move and it drags the RPM down, the short term fuel trims are ~-10% and it chugs, also jerks on the upshift the first mile or two until fully warm.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls3c6 Click here to enlarge
    my XDF for OFT appears to be a divisor rather than a AFR value, why would major throttle closure affect startup behavior though? Stock is .984, I'm using .960. Also keep in mind reverting to the stock flash results in the same behavior... all my car has on it is DCI. Attached is a screenshot of my current fuel min cat table, these values do not change when flashed either. thanks!
    Here is an estimated conversion chart:

    Lambda/AFR
    0.800 11.76
    0.814 11.96
    0.828 12.17
    0.842 12.38
    0.857 12.60
    0.873 12.83
    0.889 13.07
    0.905 13.31
    0.923 13.57
    0.941 13.84
    0.960 14.11
    0.980 14.40
    1.000 14.70 (stock)

    I would suggest using 0.94, lower than that is for those running E30, E40, E50 that are running into the same issue.

    Throttle Plate I believe has a setpoint, its just temporary to revert it back to stock to diagnose the issue.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    198
    Rep Points
    233.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    ls3c6,

    I had pretty much the identical symptoms as what you're describing. When I had the dealer change the spark plugs as part of my factory included maintenance, I asked to see the plugs. They were very rich, carbon fouled. Turns out 5 of 6 injectors were leaking and so all were replaced. I cannot say the injectors were 100% the cause as the plugs had just over 45K on them but after plugs and injectors, problem is gone and has not returned.
    Digitalism,

    I thought I had a leaky injector. 5 of 6 were leaking as I stated previously. Injectors issues are apparently pretty common so who knows, maybe BMW will step up and take care of it for you.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Dealer refuses to do anything because there's no faults and I can't prove its the injectors *sigh* how did they confirm yours were faulty?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    Digitalism,

    I thought I had a leaky injector. 5 of 6 were leaking as I stated previously. Injectors issues are apparently pretty common so who knows, maybe BMW will step up and take care of it for you.
    Here in Australia they don't issue recalls as easily as they do in the US.

    I have tried my luck with two different dealers regarding the injectors and any recalls with no chance of getting them replaced.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    198
    Rep Points
    233.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls3c6 Click here to enlarge
    Dealer refuses to do anything because there's no faults and I can't prove its the injectors *sigh* how did they confirm yours were faulty?
    I am not sure how they diagnosed it. I told them I wanted to see the old spark plugs as I was pretty sure some of them would be super rich and carbon fouled due to leaking injectors. SA told me my assumption was correct and 5 of 6 tested bad and were replaced. They would not slow me the plugs as the claimed they belonged to BMW because BMW paid for the repair. I did not argue as they have been pretty good about warranty repairs.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Finally was able to convince them to replace the injectors, it's been a month and the car runs beautifully. Very happy.

    Starts very quickly with no misfire or abnormal operation, if I want to get VERY knit picky on warm starts it runs a little rough the first 5 seconds (almost undetectable), nothing I'd even complain about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •