Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Single mass flywheel with ACT Clutch kit?

Im about to delve into replacing my clutch next weekend and thought instead of replacing my flywheel with another oem one, I would look into a single mass flywheel. Does anyone know if I can use a Spec single mass with an act clutch? If not spec, is there any other companies? already bought the act clutch so please dont reply by saying I should have bought the spec clutch.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Email the vendor, act or spec?
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My guess would be no you can't. There are different part numbers for the spec clutches with OEM flywheel and with their SMFW which means the fitment is different. If you want a flywheel that will work with any OEM compatible clutch you probably have to look at either the Advan flywheel or maybe the new MFactory flywheel. Maybe the Clutchmasters flywheel as well but I can't be sure.
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Spec make a SMF flywheel which works with the SAC mechanism which I used with my old HPF Stg 2 POS clutch.

Look at the option for use with an OEM clutch kit in the drop down box:

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/featu...535xi-n54.html
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel