Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    OP gets told that the a super cheap kit will be poor quality, still buys it because he's cheap, receives super cheap quality item and than complains.

What were you expecting OP?

I know what you where expecting, you where expecting a built in the USA, FFtec lookalike kit for 1/2 price. From a company nobody has heard of or seen anything of before.

Seriously I don't think your credit card company should issue you a chargeback, you got exactly what you paid for, it's nobody else's fault but your own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    OP gets told that the a super cheap kit will be poor quality, still buys it because he's cheap, receives super cheap quality item and than complains.

I know what you where expecting, you where expecting a built in the USA, FFtec lookalike kit for 1/2 price. From a company nobody has heard of or seen anything of before.

Seriously I don't think your credit card company should issue you a chargeback, you got exactly what you paid for, it's nobody else's fault but your own.
    +1 !!! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I was trying to be a little more PC, but yes exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not to sound like a dad or anything, but you were warned multiple times by multiple people, the website had one picture with a turbo manifold clamped in a vice with a dirty bench behind it as their website pic, not too mention it was the cheapest option on the market, with zero proof one had ever been dynoed. Armed with this information you went ahead and made the purchase anyways, and are now surprised the parts you received were on par with well the cheapest kit on the market? This is why it is always better to do a little research, and listen to experienced people who are offering advice than to just pull the trigger on something questionable. Lesson learned. I do not think reversing CC charges without giving them a chance to offer a refund is the correct approach to this situation at all. The correct way to handle this would be to pack the kit back up, send it back, and give them X days to make refund in full, if they do not, then you can reverse the charges.
    as bad as I got $#@!ed im not about to come another penny out of pocket to this company with the hopes of reimbursement. Call it bad ethics but I have tried to make contact with these people multiple times via email, website messaging, facebook, texting and calling the manager direct cellphone number and still NO RESPONSE. To expect me to spend another couple hundred on sending all this stuff back is absurd when I cant even get in contact with these d-bags.

Yes i was warned with verbal evidence and i gave it a shot...oh well time wasted $#@! happens....at least the community now has pictures as proof from a customers point of view versus a bunch of strangers including vendors giving an opinion on a company if you get what i mean. Gotta put your feet in the buyers shoes.. I just ordered the top mount manifold from mike at FFTEC today.

if the kit prices were advertised as what they are now back when i spent the money (which i believe for the set up i wanted was closer to 10k (sorry if im wrong) i would have just went with fftec set up in the first place...

either way like i said $#@! happens...we have physical proof.. on to the next manifold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

super cheap when it is now only 500 less than the fftec kit?

I was expecting not the most gorgeous of welds but i expected the guy to back purge, and bolt down head plate and turbo flange. Plus the pictures you guys were going off of on the website if you would look at it look nothing like the manifold...i was sent a picture of the manifold before i purchased...not mine specifically but another one they had just finished up...supposedly

and

so if $#@!ed up? wah wah no reason i shouldn't get my money back. Once again my statement stands...AT LEAST THE COMMUNITY HAS PHYSICAL PROOF.

Ive been on forums before (not automotive but high end home audio) where people trashed a new company and now the company sells one speaker for over 30k when it started out a few years ago as a 2k speaker.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Meh, you live you learn.

Cheap products are cheap because they are made cheaply with cheap parts. That's how it works. I LMFAO off every time I see someone commenting on how they can make a top quality N54 turbo setup for less than $4K and how all the current offerings(FFTEC, MOTIV, VTT, VM, Proven power) are just pricing their kits to take advantage of people.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_hynson Click here to enlarge
    as bad as I got $#@!ed im not about to come another penny out of pocket to this company with the hopes of reimbursement. Call it bad ethics but I have tried to make contact with these people multiple times via email, website messaging, facebook, texting and calling the manager direct cellphone number and still NO RESPONSE. To expect me to spend another couple hundred on sending all this stuff back is absurd when I cant even get in contact with these d-bags.

Yes i was warned with verbal evidence and i gave it a shot...oh well time wasted $#@! happens....at least the community now has pictures as proof from a customers point of view versus a bunch of strangers including vendors giving an opinion on a company if you get what i mean. Gotta put your feet in the buyers shoes.. I just ordered the top mount manifold from mike at FFTEC today.

if the kit prices were advertised as what they are now back when i spent the money (which i believe for the set up i wanted was closer to 10k (sorry if im wrong) i would have just went with fftec set up in the first place...

either way like i said $#@! happens...we have physical proof.. on to the next manifold.
    So lets be clear so we are all on the same page here. You expect to keep their product, and still get a full refund? I do not care how cheap or badly produced something is, that is not how things work. You cannot buy it, say it sucks, keep it, and demand a refund. If the kit is not what you expected, then return it and get a refund. This is getting absurd if you think you can keep the product, and get your money back

Ps. I just sent a huge box big enough for any turbo kit with almost 90lbs of turbine housing in it cross country for $67 dollars. Where you are getting hundreds of dollars to send the kit back I am not sure. You are exhibiting very bad ethics here, you are not happy with the kit, send it back and get a refund. The end

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

From now on, I'm going to ask for a chargeback every time my big mac doesn't look like the picture.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

From now on, I'm going to ask for a chargeback every time my big mac doesn't look like the picture.
    After you eat it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    After you eat it?
    guess it could be considered log style then....no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    So lets be clear so we are all on the same page here. You expect to keep their product, and still get a full refund? I do not care how cheap or badly produced something is, that is not how things work. You cannot buy it, say it sucks, keep it, and demand a refund. If the kit is not what you expected, then return it and get a refund. This is getting absurd if you think you can keep the product, and get your money back

Ps. I just sent a huge box big enough for any turbo kit with almost 90lbs of turbine housing in it cross country for $67 dollars. Where you are getting hundreds of dollars to send the kit back I am not sure. You are exhibiting very bad ethics here, you are not happy with the kit, send it back and get a refund. The end
    +100000000!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
    guess it could be considered log style then....no?
    lol!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

fed ex will ship your kit back for $50. If you dont mail it back you deserve absolutely nothing in return. This isnt a messed up restaurant order that they let you keep because they feel bad. This is so far from logical and so immature that I wonder if you are even the one paying for these items.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The CC company won't process a charge back until the kit is returned, anyway. OP could negotiate with the company for a partial refund allowing him to keep some items.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I am going to start ordering parts, say I don't like it, keep it and get my money back! lol. The OP seriously got a raw deal but give them their crappy parts back and move on to a nicer kit.
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    So I'm going to guess this is your kit they posted up 7/29 on n54tech.

Attachment 39423

ZNS performance N54 top mount.

Heat wrap is to hide ugly manifold, not keep heat in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The spool with the top mount twin scroll is just in another league all together. It's obvious when comparing our 5862 TS top mount to the 5858 (smaller turbo) bottom mount and painfully obvious when compared to our 6466 bottom mount. I'm going to go up in size on the top mount turbo shortly and we'll see how the spool changes. Something close to a 6466.
    do u think it's possible to hit 650rwhp with top mount 6466 on pump gas 93 + meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    do u think it's possible to hit 650rwhp with top mount 6466 on pump gas 93 + meth?
    I would say 550-600whp. You'd have to log, I don't think you'd be able to go more than 20 psi on that without seeing timing drops.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    You guys should know by now.. There is what you can make on a low load dynojet and what is safe for full time use. They are not the same thing... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

yes as crazy as it sounds im holding the kit in my storage unit....I was told I was being sent a shipping label and that was weeks ago...I already ordered new parts for the kit so once I receive that shipping label Ill send it all back...

If you would read the whole post you would see that they DO NOT RESPOND.. sorry not my problem. Play this out..As $#@!ty as they have been what If I send it back, they never refund it and then I'm stuck with the same battle process I'm in now. I'm literally on a 120 day investigation on this matter as we speak that could result in me not getting my money back...

I refuse to send back a 6k dollar package with no communication on the people...once my money is fully refunded and the investigation is over I will try to contact the company once again about the shipping label and send it back. I've every day on this companies ass so for you to pass such an un educated judgment is absurd
    Last edited by j_hynson; 08-18-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The CC company won't process a charge back until the kit is returned, anyway. OP could negotiate with the company for a partial refund allowing him to keep some items.
    I have tried to contact these people every day 2 or 3 times a day, even on the drill ship im currently doing inspections on out in the gulf. Nothing has came in response including the shipping label they promised.

My bank was the ones to tell me to hold the kit until their investigation is complete.. Bank of America if you are wondering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    fed ex will ship your kit back for $50. If you dont mail it back you deserve absolutely nothing in return. This isnt a messed up restaurant order that they let you keep because they feel bad. This is so far from logical and so immature that I wonder if you are even the one paying for these items.
    no im just a 23 year old offshore field service tech for the biggest name in the game that has mommy and daddy pay for everything..i can post my bank account charge from my DEBIT card if it would satisfy your curiosity.

this is even how the Oil field companies work. They do not transfer parts until payment and contract has been established. In my case I need no contract.

My question to all the company owners and people posting these type of comments is:

Does a company ship you parts with out payment or contractual payment? No. So they can go through the same process I the buyer go through...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have tried to contact these people every day 2 or 3 times a day, even on the drill ship im currently doing inspections on out in the gulf. Nothing has came in response including the shipping label they promised.

My bank was the ones to tell me to hold the kit until their investigation is complete.. Bank of America if you are wondering.
    This is NOT true at all. We ask you several times to either return the kit for a full refund or return the manifold and receive a new one. You then told us you will not return the kit and for us to purchase a fftec bottom mount kit for you which is out of the question. We answer every email you sent us. You refuse to return the kit and think your going to get away with keeping the kit and your money which you are wrong it doesn't work this way. Now we ask you again on a public forum return the kit.

As for the manifold welds. We had the wrong person weld that manifold welds where terrible and from the looks of it should of never been shipped out. That person is gone! We appoligized for it and tried to make things right with Jason but he wanted us to pay 4 grand for a fftec manifold only when we offered to get him a new manifold from a different fabricator or return the kit and get a full refund. Jason instead decided to file a charge back and try and keep the kit.

Jay
    znsperformance

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast