Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

My terrible experience with ZNS Performance and the top mount kit they sell

Click here to enlarge I figured I would give the new kid on the block a chance but it was truly a waste of time. After waiting 2 months I FINALLY received the top mount single turbo kit. I would usually just take pictures and leave it at that but this experience turned me to be a whole new A**hole. Yes I know that many people warned me but in my defense it was all verbal discrepancies and nothing visual.. like pictures. To save you the reader time I wont be repetitive unless necessary below.

If anyone from ZNS or that represents them has an issue with this post please post up so I can screen shot all the emails, website messages, Facebook messages, and texts for everyone else to make their judgment. (yes it took this many forms of contact to get ahold of these people after a while)

Well Now the BMW community will have a full on review of why NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

In June I ordered a top mount single turbo kit from ZNS performance. In the beginning there were no issues with communication what so ever. A guy by the name of Keith would always pick up the phone and answer any questions that I had. As we came up on the 2 week mark that they proclaim to be when the kit will ship out I started to make sure we were still on schedule. Turns out we weren't on schedule and that he needed another week...At this point I called every other day if not every day to make sure he kept my kit fresh in his mind. Week after week went by and it was the same bull$#@! every time. He would blame everyone else but himself..."oh the fabricator hasn't finished it" or "we are waiting on these coolant lines" (when you can pic this $#@! up at a local parts store). \

I would use every method to try to contact these people stating that I needed a phone call, pictures or something...Until I threatened them with something like fraud I wouldn't receive a phone call. The messages were always short, unrelated, and full of $#@!.

The time finally came around to where I received a tracking number... Friday (august 1st) I FINALLY received the package a month and a half later that schedule.

The parts were Packed very very well. Everything individually wrapped in bubble wrap and the packing peanuts around them. It took me almost 30 minutes to get it all unpacked for inspection.

I saved the Manifold for last...which was my mistake...

I pulled the manifold out of packaging and inspected it. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or if this fabricator really sucked that much dick at fabricating. Not one weld was back purged, The head plate was warped from lack of stabilizing the plate when welding it together. The welds looked like complete and total $#@! on the outside. Supposedly the welder had been doing this for 25 years...Yeah right...my first manifold I ever built was better looking and I was in high school. There are areas where you could see he blew through the metal and patched it. Yes he blew threw schedule 40 301 stainless. He didn't cut the pipe right so there were patch pieces all over the manifold. I had this looked over by a material joining engineer at work and he literally looked at it and just said "no" and handed it back to me.

I called this D-bag and told him everything and he acted like he cared but his actions showed he didn't...once again claiming he would do stuff and never did it.. been texting him all weekend and nothing has been done.

If there are ANY questions about what happened please feel free to ask and I will answer

I will post pictures in a bit...im not by a wall plug and my laptop is about to die. @Sticky can you make this where I can edit it? my house is a little far from where im at and Id like for the pictures to be in OP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

That's disappointing to hear. If it doesn't work out there is no shortage of alternative options as you know. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_hynson Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky can you make this where I can edit it? my house is a little far from where im at and Id like for the pictures to be in OP
    Post them in a reply and I will edit them in for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

:/ hope you get it sorted out.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

That really sucks dude...i ended up waiting like 3+ months for my vff kit last year. Similar thing as far as communication goes. I ended getting with Shiv and he talked to the head guy at fftec...I've never had problems since and continue giving them business now. While ZNS is done for you, I hope you get things resolved and have better luck with the next purchase.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    There's these from the Houston group, I'll help 'ya out some :-)

Hope it all gets worked out.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Maybe take the paper-bag approach to less desirable women and apply header wrap until she's sexy again? I mean if this was a DIY thing cool but it doesn't look like a master fabricator did this, it looks about similar to the first or second manifold I ever helped weld up, which was kinda ugly but never failed the two years I played with it at least (N/A header setup though). If it was advertised otherwise there might be a problem, good luck man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Those are kinda rough. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

100 of these sold? Really?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Maybe take the paper-bag approach to less desirable women and apply header wrap until she's sexy again? I mean if this was a DIY thing cool but it doesn't look like a master fabricator did this, it looks about similar to the first or second manifold I ever helped weld up, which was kinda ugly but never failed the two years I played with it at least (N/A header setup though). If it was advertised otherwise there might be a problem, good luck man.
    I think heat wrap would work better hiding ugly women than on this manifold. The mummy look.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That thing looks like a high school kids project. Did you pay with a credit card? If you did I would call my credit card company and try to get the charge reversed.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^That's what Jason's doing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

jesus that manifold is a train wreck of fail. ZNS' leap into the n54 market ended before it began.... Sorry OP Click here to enlarge
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The stuff we made in auto shop in high school looked better... and the people making it were mostly high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Damn man...really sorry about your luck, hope you get it all sorted and are able to move on another kit soon! Where are you located at BTW?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

That's pretty terrible looking
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

good lord....
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I totally just abandoned my ZNS cart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Absolutely terrible workmanship Click here to enlarge
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ya @Sticky those pictures above were what I was going to post. And thanks @V8Bait

I did reverse the charge.
    @Terry@BMS yes thank God. Lesson learned. Im just glad my bank is working on reversing the charge. Going to switch to a bottom mount turbo though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Going to switch to a bottom mount turbo though.
    I know of a great kit! Click here to enlarge

Or...you could just sell your car to carmax and buy mine already done with a bunch of other stuff done on it as well! haha
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

I did reverse the charge.
    @Terry@BMS yes thank God. Lesson learned. Im just glad my bank is working on reversing the charge. Going to switch to a bottom mount turbo though.
    We have bottom mount kits on two of our cars. I like the simplicity and easier o2 sensor access. I just personally prefer the top mounts look & performance now that I have some experience with both. Any working kit will be a lot more fun than stock though. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 08-03-2014 at 10:50 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i'm sorry OP but i literally lol'd when i saw the pictures. not because i think your situation is funny, but because those welds look like lindsay lohan's face - post drug addiction of course.

good luck man
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    jesus that manifold is a train wreck of fail. ZNS' leap into the n54 market ended before it began.... Sorry OP Click here to enlarge
    Lol remember my PM? Ive dealt with ZNS for over a year now. I knew what to expect, thats why i couldnt trust their word for 135 fitment. Ill get you an answer soon though brother. I know you and the rest are waiting my approval. Sorry again for the misunderstanding in the pms.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast