Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Square&Level Click here to enlarge
    I wish I could throw some rep points your way. This is business and budgeting 101. Not accounting for all your cost up front. This is how a lot of start-ups fail.

How come all the new product releases become a buisness and economics lecture?
    PTF said months ago they would not release the product until August. They have had the kit done well before then
    They have a video of it in a race car. Its August. They have officially shown the kit to the world but a graph has not been provided. They wouldnt put the kit in a race car if they haven already maded hundreds of passes on a dyno. This is all the info anybody who is going to buy this thing need now. Please dont let this become another mareting campaig for a product you arent ready to sell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    why hand out schematics and make it easier for copycats BEFORE they can even buy one to destroy and copy. Give explanations of design decisions and dynos out the ass, just not something that helps somebody do knock offs before you can even sell one. I am not suggesting PTF mislead or hide anything. It is precisely because this item may be so easy to copy that I am suggesting holding off on release of those details.
    You misunderstand how it works. No one is going to commit even the small amount of money to copy this part until there is already an established market to sell knockoffs. They've already showed the final product... If anyone wants a jump start on copying it they would use that as the launching point. Not photos of various revised manifolds that didn't make the cut.

Anyway as I said I have no dog in this fight and I'm not sure my advice on how to properly market and showcase this kit is going to be overly appreciated. So I'll try to stay out of it. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This kit is going to spool so damn fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sigma 3 Click here to enlarge
    How come all the new product releases become a buisness and economics lecture?
    PTF said months ago they would not release the product until August. They have had the kit done well before then
    They have a video of it in a race car. Its August. They have officially shown the kit to the world but a graph has not been provided. They wouldnt put the kit in a race car if they haven already maded hundreds of passes on a dyno. This is all the info anybody who is going to buy this thing need now. Please dont let this become another mareting campaig for a product you arent ready to sell.
    "How come all the new product releases become a buisness (business) and economics lecture?"
    Because people who don't understand the business and what goes into the development always think said company must justify their pricing and speculate at their profit margin. It happens every time. They did the same to Vargas, FFTEC, you name it, it never fails. The design, R&D, performance (from my knowledge and from what I've seen) and quality speaks for itself.

Now there are calls for them to show their progression in R&D process......unbelievable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Square&Level Click here to enlarge
    "How come all the new product releases become a buisness (business) and economics lecture?"
    Because people who don't understand the business and what goes into the development always think said company must justify their pricing and speculate at their profit margin. It happens every time. They did the same to Vargas, FFTEC, you name it, it never fails. The design, R&D, performance (from my knowledge and from what I've seen) and quality speaks for itself.

Now there are calls for them to show their progression in R&D process......unbelievable.
    There was one call for them to show R&D progression, and it seemed pretty obvious to me it was to incite exactly the type of conversation it has started. This will happen to every kit, every time, people will applaud, people will point fingers, people will question, and people will all out hate. Just another day selling products on the internet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Including the time value of money is not being picky, it should be the norm. Add the normal profit and compensation for the risk to get to the required return for the investment. With the estimated sales volumes the estimated Net Present Value of the product must be positive for the company in order to accept the project. However, the profitability (/loss) will obviously remain uncertain, since the customers are not concerned enough about the induced costs or the profit (/loss) levels of the company to pay for the sunk R&D and what ever costs the company may need to pay... Click here to enlarge

So, you just proved Ghost's point - the sunk R&D costs is the concern of the company rather than the consumer. When making the purchase decision, the consumer is concerned about the benefit of the product for him being higher than the price and other related costs (installation). Defined more accurately, the benefit is the Marginal Utility (which is subjective).

Sunk costs should never play a role in either the company's or the consumer's decision making.
    Exactly. No one cares about what it costs a business to make something. THOSE ARE NOT consumer affairs. Consumers only care about cost to perceived benefit. We've all taken economics.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Now, I'm as excited as anyone about this product.

When can we expect logs, dynos, and release dates?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Now, I'm as excited as anyone about this product.

When can we expect logs, dynos, and release dates?
    I don't think an exact timetable is set and it would be foolish to do so anyway as date targets are rarely hit in this industry.

Safe to say by the end of the year I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think an exact timetable is set and it would be foolish to do so anyway as date targets are rarely hit in this industry.

Safe to say by the end of the year I believe.
    Let's hear it from the source. I'd expect dynos and logs already, given the reports of extensive testing and superior spool.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Let's hear it from the source. I'd expect dynos and logs already, given the reports of extensive testing and superior spool.
    Go ahead. Make a list of demands. Maybe acquire some hostages.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456