Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Lightbulb BEST BACK END FLASH MAP

I know this question has been asked many times in many ways. But I am still not 100% sure which map to use. I have 2008 335xi coupe. I have the newest JB4. I have been playing around downloading different maps. My car has DCI, FMIC, Catless DP's. I sometimes run 30-40% E85 for now until I upgrade to a new fuel pump. My question is which map should I be using ? Also if I run on map 5 is the Fuel back end flash better to run with 30-40% E85 or should I just use the JB by itself ? And any info on why one is better then the other would be greatly appreciated. I know this subject has been asked many times, but I still am not exactly sure which one works the best. Thanks you for any replies!Click here to enlarge

Rob
    Black 2008 335XI E92 with DSG. Dual cone intakes with grill mounted ram air, FMIC, *** less down pipes, JB4 G5 ISO board, with E85 back end flash and Walbro 450 pump. UCC front and rear sway bars, Eibach Struts and shocks. StopTechCryo-SportStop Drilled Rotors. Cowl filters, what a great product. Best runs, 0-60 3.85. 1/4 miles 11.8 @ 119.4. 60 foot time 1.62.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The JB its self is just fine running map 5. If you want to download a backend flash just run the pump gas flash.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unless you are running E85 consistently, then I would stick with the pump flash. The RACE flash and E85 flash work great as long as you are running the E85 in every tank.
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by siggs229 Click here to enlarge
    I know this question has been asked many times in many ways. But I am still not 100% sure which map to use. I have 2008 335xi coupe. I have the newest JB4. I have been playing around downloading different maps. My car has DCI, FMIC, Catless DP's. I sometimes run 30-40% E85 for now until I upgrade to a new fuel pump. My question is which map should I be using ? Also if I run on map 5 is the Fuel back end flash better to run with 30-40% E85 or should I just use the JB by itself ? And any info on why one is better then the other would be greatly appreciated. I know this subject has been asked many times, but I still am not exactly sure which one works the best. Thanks you for any replies!Click here to enlarge

Rob
    From the mod list, you are pretty much FBO. You can run Map 3 with different meth addictive setting to increase the boost curve. Like most piggy back, JB4 has to "lie" to the ecu to get increase timing, boost and etc...With the flash, JB4 only control the boost and your ecu control the rest. Therefore, you get more consistent performance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the help. I know I am going to hear it when I ask this question, but what does FBO stand for ? :-)

Rob
    Black 2008 335XI E92 with DSG. Dual cone intakes with grill mounted ram air, FMIC, *** less down pipes, JB4 G5 ISO board, with E85 back end flash and Walbro 450 pump. UCC front and rear sway bars, Eibach Struts and shocks. StopTechCryo-SportStop Drilled Rotors. Cowl filters, what a great product. Best runs, 0-60 3.85. 1/4 miles 11.8 @ 119.4. 60 foot time 1.62.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by siggs229 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the help. I know I am going to hear it when I ask this question, but what does FBO stand for ? :-)

Rob
    lol...It stand for Full Bolt On. It usually mean you got all the add on parts that you need to get the max out of your car. For N54, it is usually cosist of FMIC, DP, charge pipe, jb4 and a few minor other things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm curious as well and have the same car with the same mods. Which map do you all suggest from the downloads section? Maybe that'll help me and the OP out? Thanks all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Proflyer Click here to enlarge
    I'm curious as well and have the same car with the same mods. Which map do you all suggest from the downloads section? Maybe that'll help me and the OP out? Thanks all.
    If you are ruining e30-e40, You should try race flash first. Map 3 if you want to control your boost curve. It very simple to set JB4 to run map 3 without meth. You control the boost curve by adjusting the meth addictive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the answer. I feel stupid that I couldn't figure out what that meant! Better to ask then not know. Oh well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by babuski Click here to enlarge
    If you are ruining e30-e40, You should try race flash first. Map 3 if you want to control your boost curve. It very simple to set JB4 to run map 3 without meth. You control the boost curve by adjusting the meth addictive.
    Good to know, sounds easy enough. Thanks for the reply.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I would run the BMS Race flash and map 5 or 3 as long as your have E25+ (this flash will be okay for E20 - E40) you can even adjust the fuel scalar/timing/fueling if you want to modify it a tad for your specific E85 mix... I use a modified flash for E35ish based off of the BMS race flash.

Once you upgrade the lpfp, you can start playing around with the E85 flash w/ E50+ and use map 7 or custom map 6 (since jb4 will just be controlling boost at this point).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spxxx Click here to enlarge
    I would run the BMS Race flash and map 5 or 3 as long as your have E25+ (this flash will be okay for E20 - E40) you can even adjust the fuel scalar/timing/fueling if you want to modify it a tad for your specific E85 mix... I use a modified flash for E35ish based off of the BMS race flash.

Once you upgrade the lpfp, you can start playing around with the E85 flash w/ E50+ and use map 7 or custom map 6 (since jb4 will just be controlling boost at this point).
    I was thinking about making a custom map using map 6. Is there a standard setting most people use with FBO and the walboro 450 lpfp and E85 back end flash ? I can hear it now, you need to log some runs first :-) Well I am just figuring out the right amount of E85 to use first. I first tried it with 100% E 85 and I would get a 1 second bog from 1st to second full throttle shift. After that the car would keep pulling like raped ape all the way till I took my foot off the pedal. I was running map 5 and the FOL was up to 80. I also tried to run map 7 but that ran even worse. I had lowered the max boost to 18, raised it to 19. I also now use 70% E85 and changed the plugs to the cooler NGK plugs. And last I installed the newest interface and hex map. So far so go. I haven't had a chance to really go for it yet. I did noticed FOL went down to 55 and I am able to run map 7 with out any problems now. I will log some runs soon.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would run about 70% Ethanol as you're putting a lot of stress on your HPFP for diminishing returns on power.

I run a custom map 6 peaking at 17psi tapering to 12psi at redline, I'm using a modified BMS map with some tweaks and 3D fuel scalar with a flare of the E30 flash that Justin (v8bait) posted a while back.

I have a stage 1 lpfp kit waiting to be installed, just lazy but very excited to start running E50ish and bump my timing up to around 13.5 - 14*

But seriously, log, edit map, log, edit map, log, edit map, log, edit map, and log some more. I would check out the downloads Tab and the v8bait "goodies" he's a smart guy and has posted some valuable stuff on here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any tuning advice needs to be based on logs. As a starting point: E85 back end flash, 50% E85, 255 inline pump, map 7, basically maxes out factory turbos. Post a log of that trim in the n54tech support section if you need further tuning advice. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Noted! On both of your posts, I need to log it. And thanks for the general map 6 settings. I realized to use no more then 70% ethanol after install of new lpfp and first fill up of 100% ethanol! Thank you for your replies.

Rob
    Last edited by siggs229; 09-06-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: left out info