Close

Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's fast as hell and is a feast or famine type player. When he's out in the open he's about as dangerous as it gets.

I doubt he can be any worse than Hernandez.

Good move for the Redskins and he will be 30 when the contract is up.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He's fast as hell and is a feast or famine type player. When he's out in the open he's about as dangerous as it gets.

I doubt he can be any worse than Hernandez.

Good move for the Redskins and he will be 30 when the contract is up.
    Probably true, but in fairness Hernandez appears to be a serial killer. So it doesn’t really get worse than that. There was a story I heard about him and Wes Welker back in his rookie season, probably should have raised some red flags in the organization. I’d love to hear the perspective of their scouts who graded him coming out of UF, know A LOT of people had him off their board all together as an “X” flag; which essentially is an automatic disqualifier.

Jackson getting one last shot at FA before he crosses 30 was smart work by his agent. I’d almost guarantee the Redskins would have preferred a 4th or even 5th dummy year to help spread the cap hit.

He can absolutely fly, for sure.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    There was a story I heard about him and Wes Welker back in his rookie season, probably should have raised some red flags in the organization.
    What's the story?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the story?
    Just a rumor, but I’ve heard it from multiple people I trust, and a few media folks from the Boston market. I believe it for sure.

It’s Hernandez’ rookie season, this is in training camp mind you- so he’s about as “new” as it gets. Generally speaking your job as a rookie is to keep your head down and in the playbook, you are the bottom of the totem pole and there’s no wiggle room on that.

Hernandez was trying to set up some film cutups for tape study, and had some type of problem with the film projector. Yes, NFL teams still often use physical film for tape study, old habits die hard. Anyways, Welker strolls by the meeting room or whatever room he was in and pokes his head in to introduce himself. Hernandez asks him to help him get the film reel set up, to which Welker jokingly responds, something along the lines of “figure it out yourself rookie”.

Hernandez responds with, and I heard this was verbatim, “Wes I will $#@!ing kill you if you mess around like that”. Heard it got quite close to a physical confrontation, and again this is one of the first times these two have ever met. The ribbing described happens every day in an NFL locker room, it was not malicious on Welker’s part at all, and he’s one of the most professional people in this league.

As I understand it, there was absolutely no question amongst those who overheard it that Hernandez was not kidding, and was 100% serious. Hernandez was quite the loner on the team as well, did not have many close friends though by most accounts he was generally a polite and decent person to be around. Seems like he was a bit of a “lightswitch” personality, ie extremely volatile and prone to sudden mood swings. But I’m no psychologist.

Now is this true? I don’t know, I wasn’t there. But I have no reason to doubt it for a second.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Based on what has happened I wouldn't doubt it either.

Guy will rot in jail where he belongs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a rumor, but I’ve heard it from multiple people I trust, and a few media folks from the Boston market. I believe it for sure.

It’s Hernandez’ rookie season, this is in training camp mind you- so he’s about as “new” as it gets. Generally speaking your job as a rookie is to keep your head down and in the playbook, you are the bottom of the totem pole and there’s no wiggle room on that.

Hernandez was trying to set up some film cutups for tape study, and had some type of problem with the film projector. Yes, NFL teams still often use physical film for tape study, old habits die hard. Anyways, Welker strolls by the meeting room or whatever room he was in and pokes his head in to introduce himself. Hernandez asks him to help him get the film reel set up, to which Welker jokingly responds, something along the lines of “figure it out yourself rookie”.

Hernandez responds with, and I heard this was verbatim, “Wes I will $#@!ing kill you if you mess around like that”. Heard it got quite close to a physical confrontation, and again this is one of the first times these two have ever met. The ribbing described happens every day in an NFL locker room, it was not malicious on Welker’s part at all, and he’s one of the most professional people in this league.

As I understand it, there was absolutely no question amongst those who overheard it that Hernandez was not kidding, and was 100% serious. Hernandez was quite the loner on the team as well, did not have many close friends though by most accounts he was generally a polite and decent person to be around. Seems like he was a bit of a “lightswitch” personality, ie extremely volatile and prone to sudden mood swings. But I’m no psychologist.

Now is this true? I don’t know, I wasn’t there. But I have no reason to doubt it for a second.
    I wonder how Welker felt after the Hernandez story blew. "Well $#@!, he really wasn't kidding..."
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mike Evans – 6005 226

So here’s a guy who has been very much so en vogue amongst the ESPN types. Personally, I’m not wild about him. I’d take a handful of WRs in this group over him, but others feel differently.

Positives:
    -Dominant on the ball player. Obvious height and length advantage that he leverages to great effectiveness on 50/50 balls. Gives quarterback confidence in tight windows.
    -Deceptive long speed, runs through the third portion of the field and can legitimately run away from collegiate level secondary defenders.
    -Powerfully built frame, thin waste, tapered ankles. Can probably add several more pounds, though I’m not sure if that would be advisable. NFL ready from a physical standpoint.
    -Can and should be a dominant off play blocker. Shows contact strength.
    -At Indy and College Station, flashed ability to sink his hips and get in and out of cuts.
    -Strong, large hands. Attacks the football and consistently plucks outside of his frame. Enormous catch radius and wingspan.
    -Seems to have a natural feel for open field running.
    -Young, will be a 21YO.

Negatives:
    -Fundamentally comes from a spread based, single read offense. Extremely simplistic conceptually.
    -Ran 3 routes in college, the 9 (go), 3 (stick/comeback), and 5 (slip screen). Occasionally ran other routes, but 95% of the time it was one of those three. I have never seen him run a combination route in any of the 6 games I’ve scouted.
    -No sense of how well he can run a full route tree. Huge projection.
    -Not an explosive or quick twitch athlete. Owns striders speed, does not eat up cushion after the snap. Longer and more athletic NFL corners will have no issue turning and running with him, can afford to press at LOS. He will not run by secondary defenders on Sundays.
    - A “splash” player, lots of highlights, but snap to snap production is lacking. Too much of his yardage came on broken plays where he essentially drifted around aimlessly, waiting for the football.
    -College tape shows some tightness in his hips when asked to move laterally or reactively. 3 cone confirmed. Looked better in shorts in College Station, but I don’t see it on tape.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Saints signed Champ Bailey? Why? Wasn't it clear that he's done?

The Titans releasing Chris Johnson makes sense to me. He fell of a cliff for whatever reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea Champ's been done for 2 seasons now...can't run anymore. What a career though. I always thought Johnson was over rated. Obviously he had that one ridiculous year, and at his best he had truly rare vertical speed. But as an overall player, he's not someone i'd want. Useless in pass pro, useless out of the backfield, obsessed with cutting runs outside, impatient inside, selfish in the locker room. Now that he's taken a lot of hits, he's a few ticks slower. As opposed to be the fastest guy on the field, he is merely fast. That's all it takes, the margin is so thin. He has no other traits to help him once the speed goes, and for most guys the wheels start to slow down by 28 or so, he's just OK.
    Last edited by 135pats; 04-08-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had him on my fantasy team that one good year but man did he evaporate. If he can't get out in the open there isn't much he can do now.

Bailey is a hall of famer but everything ends. If Denver didn't want him that says enough plus you can just watch his past two years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick pit stop at LSU’s pro day this morning. WOW. That program is just loaded man…talent all over the place. I think I saw a rep from every team in the league there, along with several CFL folks. Didn't stay for the throwing drills so I have no commentary on Mettenberger

I’ll have to review my notes but high level thought all the big names showed very well. Was surprised how well J. Hill caught the ball, Beckham looked absolutely outstanding in position drills. Fluid athlete who can control his speed, I saw 3 distinct “gears” of acceleration. Most guys at that experience level are either stop or go. Very impressive….

PS- what a weird ass state Louisiana is. No offense to anyone who lives there.
    Double PS- LSU's practice bubble is niceeeeeee.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PS- what a weird ass state Louisiana is. No offense to anyone who lives there.
    Why is that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why is that?
    I've only been twice so maybe i'm just way off base...but New Orleans and Baton Rouge just have an "odd" feel to them.

For instance: From the campus to the airport, I saw the following

1. An easily half mile long line on the side of the road...waiting for fried catfish. Seriously, we're talking 100+ people queueing on the side of the highway for fried catfish.
    2. At least a dozen homeless people on one stretch of road- again on the side of the highway. Just hangin out.
    3. More cobblestone roads than you can shake a stick at. Only other place in this country I have driven on cobblestone roads is Nantucket, and the goal there is to maintain that silly sense of "tradition". I seriously doubt the cobblestone roads we drove on are kept to preserve a sense of tradition.
    4. Everyones accent. I just cannot understand what anyone is saying. It's not a southern twang per se...Imagine taking your words and not making ANY attempt to enunciate. That's how anyone from the swamps sounds to me.
    5. Exotic animals in plain view in New Orleans. Some guy was sitting on a corner stoop with a flippin snake on his arm. Like what??

Like I said, just my take based on an extremely limited sample size. But I've never been anywhere else where I said to myself outloud "dang this place is odd".
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've only been twice so maybe i'm just way off base...but New Orleans and Baton Rouge just have an "odd" feel to them.

For instance: From the campus to the airport, I saw the following

1. An easily half mile long line on the side of the road...waiting for fried catfish. Seriously, we're talking 100+ people queueing on the side of the highway for fried catfish.
    2. At least a dozen homeless people on one stretch of road- again on the side of the highway. Just hangin out.
    3. More cobblestone roads than you can shake a stick at. Only other place in this country I have driven on cobblestone roads is Nantucket, and the goal there is to maintain that silly sense of "tradition". I seriously doubt the cobblestone roads we drove on are kept to preserve a sense of tradition.
    4. Everyones accent. I just cannot understand what anyone is saying. It's not a southern twang per se...Imagine taking your words and not making ANY attempt to enunciate. That's how anyone from the swamps sounds to me.
    5. Exotic animals in plain view in New Orleans. Some guy was sitting on a corner stoop with a flippin snake on his arm. Like what??

Like I said, just my take based on an extremely limited sample size. But I've never been anywhere else where I said to myself outloud "dang this place is odd".
    I'm not sure if I should visit now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure if I should visit now.
    The only other time i've been was Mardi Gras when I was still in school. Now that was worth it.

It all depends on the context. It's a fun place to be wasted Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sammy Watkins – 6.01 206

I just finished my final eval on him this morning, so figured I’d post the basics. I really slept on him too much, what an outstanding player. When all is said and done, this is the best grade I’ve given to a WR since AJ Green. IMO, he’s a tick above a Julio Jones coming out of school. There is no reason why he should not ultimately be a tremendous player. Watch him run any type of breaking route and it’s “wow”.

Positives
    -Explosive athlete in all regards. Uncoils off LOS, eats up cushion and routinely gets into his defender with speed.
    -Has legitimate finishing speed to threaten the deep third of the field. I see a true 4.4 player, consistently cannot be caught from behind.
    -Plays taller than listed height thanks to his long arms and good leaping ability.
    -Well coordinated, comfortable with his abilities. Keeps his feet underneath him and does not flail.
    -Flashes light feet coming in and out of breaks. Explodes out of breaking routes with a suddenness that will be very tough to handle. Will threaten in the 3 step game from day 1.
    -Natural hands catcher. Plucks the ball neatly and away from his frame. Will elevate and attack the football.
    -Has some return skills, though unsure if that is something that NFL teams will leverage due to injury concerns.

Negatives:
    -Good but not great height. Will not be a dominant on the ball player at the pro level.
    -Is more explosive than elusive. Gets in and out of breaks with tremendous quickness, but does not show the same type of lateral or reactive agility with the ball in his hands.
    -Not a drive blocker, much more of a “get in the way” type player. Gives reasonable effort.
    -’13 tape shows modest effort on plays where he was clearly not the primary read. Good character but immature. Not selfish but needs to be pushed.
    -Brief suspension for violation of team rules in ’12.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LETS GO SEAHAWKS!

AND stop hating on LA. Its a really nice place with some of the nicest (if not the nicest) people in the US. So many of them would give any stranger anything they need just because they're good people.

Obviously everywhere has a lot of idiots and cities especially.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    LETS GO SEAHAWKS!

AND stop hating on LA. Its a really nice place with some of the nicest (if not the nicest) people in the US. So many of them would give any stranger anything they need just because they're good people.

Obviously everywhere has a lot of idiots and cities especially.
    I was born in DC, I fully understand idiots in cities.

I just personally felt New Orleans and Baton Rouge were odd places, didn't say they were the scum of the earth or anything like that. A few folks I met there were very polite and accommodating.

Anyways...back to Football.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Neg rep for saying I found New Orleans an odd city? Pls.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I miss Edgerrin James. Click here to enlarge Carry on.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    I miss Edgerrin James. Click here to enlarge Carry on.
    Well he was a pretty outstanding player in his own right, so I can understand that. Though my top two memories of him both involve classic NE IND games that NE won.

Actually, what I really miss are those clashes mid-decade. The second the schedule came out, you knew that was going to be the game of the year, or damn close to it. 02,03,04,06,07,09,10…All of those games ranged from “very good” to “instant classic”.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you put any stock in the wonderlic?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you put any stock in the wonderlic?
    Yes, but it's just a part of the overall evaluation. For quarterbacks it does carry real weight. Somewhat like the LSAT, the Wonderlic is more of a logic and problem solving test than it is a measure of raw intellect.

But personally? I'd rather do chalkboard work with a prospect. I want to see their ability to digest, replicate on the board, and take it to the field. I know someone who spent about 3 hours with Logan Thomas and a whiteboard a few weeks ago, just running over concepts, terminology, etc etc. At certain positions, honestly it's just not relevant. I do not care what a tail back scores on an aptitude test. But quarterbacking at the pro level requires the ability to process information very quickly. If your decision making is poor, you will not succeed.

I'm assuming this is in relation to Manziel? He's a smart kid, which is actually what pisses a lot of scouts off. He's not dumb, he's just a jackass.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd just add, it's pretty startling how ill-prepared some of these kids are for the real world. I didn't expect that coming into this job. Were it not for football, so many of these people would be in serious trouble. I have personally met with prospects who I do not believe are functionally literate beyond a 4th or 5th grade level. I'm talking basic, basic comprehension. Dozens of prospects fall in the "marginal literacy" score grouping of 10-14 every year, most of the times agents are able to keep it hushed.
    Last edited by 135pats; 04-13-2014 at 02:18 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd just add, it's pretty startling how ill-prepared some of these kids are for the real world. I didn't expect that coming into this job. Were it not for football, so many of these people would be in serious trouble. I have personally met with prospects who I do not believe are functionally literate beyond a 4th or 5th grade level. I'm talking basic, basic comprehension. Dozens of prospects fall in the "marginal literacy" score grouping of 10-14 every year, most of the times agents are able to keep it hushed.
    How do they even read a playbook or grasp concepts?

Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast