Close

Page 14 of 112 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FWIW don't sleep on the Jags this season, and particularly going forwards. They've done a solid job accruing talent and though they have a LONG ways to go, I see a clear path forward on the part of Gus Bradley an Co. Really think that's a team that is ready to compete and build a winning culture. It starts from the top.

Now watch them go out, win 2 games, and prove once again why i'm not involved in the front office decision making Click here to enlarge
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    FWIW don't sleep on the Jags this season, and particularly going forwards. They've done a solid job accruing talent and though they have a LONG ways to go, I see a clear path forward on the part of Gus Bradley an Co. Really think that's a team that is ready to compete and build a winning culture. It starts from the top.

Now watch them go out, win 2 games, and prove once again why i'm not involved in the front office decision making Click here to enlarge
    They also have swimming pools at their games. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I can't get behind you on the Jags. That team just quits.

Well, let's see.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    They also have swimming pools at their games. Click here to enlarge
    All it takes to succeed. Hence why supermodels are always over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Swimming Pools + Babes + Marqise Lee = Winning.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didnt' hear it from me but Jordy Nelson just got himself PAID. Number I just heard in passing was $35-40mm. I'm sure Schefter and the other gurus will have full numbers ASAP, their sources are justttttt a bit better placed than mine lol.

He's worth every penny, to be clear.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another "you didn't hear it from me" - Kelvin Benjamin just shredded his knee up. Or so I heard.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well thats not good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    *Crosses fingers for no hawk injuries*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish the season would start already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are telling me...Once the season starts I can relax and just enjoy what's on the TV.

Soon soon. Joint practices start up next week, preseason the week after. It'll be here before ya know it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didnt' hear it from me but Jordy Nelson just got himself PAID. Number I just heard in passing was $35-40mm. I'm sure Schefter and the other gurus will have full numbers ASAP, their sources are justttttt a bit better placed than mine lol.

No question. The guy makes some incredible catches. He has those Chris Carter sideline catches down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Woot-woot. Click here to enlarge Former KSU standout. Love to see him doing well (and getting paid for it).

-Rich
    2010 E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD Graphite Luster Metallic (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's time to start thinking about getting the Fantasy Football league going guys.

I can't wait. Love my damn fantasy football!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've never seen camps covered like this on ESPN before. ESPN is literally all NFL camps right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I've never seen camps covered like this on ESPN before. ESPN is literally all NFL camps right now.
    Its pretty cool, they're saying (from what i've read) they're not doing it like hard knocks, but they're doing it more from the sidelines, really trying to show what its like in Pre Season camps, staying out of the way, and more action, less drama.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You can thank fantasy football for that. The average fan has become inundated with a desire for 24/7 metrics and "analysis". Even when said analysis is completely lacking in actual, ya know, analysis.

There are def. benefits though.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And apparently Kelvin Benjamin bruised his knee up pretty good, but avoided serious structural damage. He dodged a bullet though I did hear a rumor that the ligaments when scoped were a bit loose. I wonder if his knee is arthritic hmmm wish I was a team doctor lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Took a few days off and got some away time on Nantucket this past weekend - popped by Gillette on the way back purely as a fan and wanted to pass along my thoughts. Obviously, this is a Patriots-centric post and solely reflects my personal opinion.

- Both Jamie Collins and Dont'a Hightower look like different players this go around. Hightower has a quiet confidence about him and is clearly best suited at the SAM (strong side). He's an end of line thumper who was miscast on the weakside last year. Expect to see him playing toward the LOS more, that's where he can be a very nice all around player. Collins just looks like a beast, to be frank. Rare athlete who was rocking people back with heavy hands all day from what I saw. He'll play at least 80% of the snaps this year if healthy. I can't see a scenario in which you'd choose to take him off the field.

- I worry about the teams depth at linebacker and D line. They have well above average top end talent in Mayo, Collins, Easley, Wilfork, and C. Jones (Hightower could join that group) but the depth is not inspiring. Their inside backers in particular could stand some quality depth infusion, though I think at this point they'll go with what they have. Worrisome.

-In the one practice I saw, I didn't see enough pass rush on the field. Getting Easley integrated will be a godsend but this is still not a unit that can just tee off on quarterbacks. Chandler Jones looked like a force but everyone else I saw relied on effort rather than ability to win 1 on 1. The ability of Collins and Hightower to deliver off the edges on fire and zone exchanges will be critical. Both Kelly and Wilfork have the ability to rush but it's not a safe bet to count on them.

-Gronk looked like Gronk. Dominant in every pass catching drill I saw. I think they'll ease him back in but for fantasy football purposes he showed no lingering effects. In a red zone fade drill he scored 3 consecutive touchdowns.

- It is an absolute pleasure watching Darrelle Revis ply his craft. Folks, this is the best corner in the game bar none. His footwork (the best i've ever seen hands down), his reactive athleticism, his ability to mirror without grabbing, the strength of his punch, his ball skills, his trail speed...I mean everything is just on a different level. I've never seen him in person until now but it's immediately obvious what a supreme player he is. I'm trying to think of any aspect to his game where he is less than outstanding, and i'm having a hard time coming up with anything. I suppose he's merely good in run force.

-Piggybacking on that thought, this could be the deepest and most talented corner group in football. When your top corner is Revis, and your fifth corner is Alfonzo Dennard, you are in a very nice spot. We'll have to see if the safety play holds up. McCourty is outstanding but it's wide open and not super impressive next to him.

-Thompkins still spends too much time on the ground. I'm not sure why but it's annoying to watch. And he still catches the ball poorly, I doubt that'll ever change. On the positive side he looks to have gained some good weight, and still makes people look foolish in the three step game at times. I'm firmly in the "prove it on Sundays" camp with him. Still think Dobson is the key, and he was with the rehab group off to the sidelines.

OK back to work.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Took a few days off and got some away time on Nantucket this past weekend - popped by Gillette on the way back purely as a fan and wanted to pass along my thoughts. Obviously, this is a Patriots-centric post and solely reflects my personal opinion.

- Both Jamie Collins and Dont'a Hightower look like different players this go around. Hightower has a quiet confidence about him and is clearly best suited at the SAM (strong side). He's an end of line thumper who was miscast on the weakside last year. Expect to see him playing toward the LOS more, that's where he can be a very nice all around player. Collins just looks like a beast, to be frank. Rare athlete who was rocking people back with heavy hands all day from what I saw. He'll play at least 80% of the snaps this year if healthy. I can't see a scenario in which you'd choose to take him off the field.

- I worry about the teams depth at linebacker and D line. They have well above average top end talent in Mayo, Collins, Easley, Wilfork, and C. Jones (Hightower could join that group) but the depth is not inspiring. Their inside backers in particular could stand some quality depth infusion, though I think at this point they'll go with what they have. Worrisome.

-In the one practice I saw, I didn't see enough pass rush on the field. Getting Easley integrated will be a godsend but this is still not a unit that can just tee off on quarterbacks. Chandler Jones looked like a force but everyone else I saw relied on effort rather than ability to win 1 on 1. The ability of Collins and Hightower to deliver off the edges on fire and zone exchanges will be critical. Both Kelly and Wilfork have the ability to rush but it's not a safe bet to count on them.

-Gronk looked like Gronk. Dominant in every pass catching drill I saw. I think they'll ease him back in but for fantasy football purposes he showed no lingering effects. In a red zone fade drill he scored 3 consecutive touchdowns.

- It is an absolute pleasure watching Darrelle Revis ply his craft. Folks, this is the best corner in the game bar none. His footwork (the best i've ever seen hands down), his reactive athleticism, his ability to mirror without grabbing, the strength of his punch, his ball skills, his trail speed...I mean everything is just on a different level. I've never seen him in person until now but it's immediately obvious what a supreme player he is. I'm trying to think of any aspect to his game where he is less than outstanding, and i'm having a hard time coming up with anything. I suppose he's merely good in run force.

-Piggybacking on that thought, this could be the deepest and most talented corner group in football. When your top corner is Revis, and your fifth corner is Alfonzo Dennard, you are in a very nice spot. We'll have to see if the safety play holds up. McCourty is outstanding but it's wide open and not super impressive next to him.

-Thompkins still spends too much time on the ground. I'm not sure why but it's annoying to watch. And he still catches the ball poorly, I doubt that'll ever change. On the positive side he looks to have gained some good weight, and still makes people look foolish in the three step game at times. I'm firmly in the "prove it on Sundays" camp with him. Still think Dobson is the key, and he was with the rehab group off to the sidelines.

OK back to work.
    Thanks for the insight.

I'm PUMPED for Revis and our D in general. As much as I like Gronk I almost feel like they should really limit his playing until the playoffs. I mean that is where we need him in beast mode. We'll get to the playoffs without him just fine. I know it will not happen and that is not how the game is played...but if he gets injured one more time he's going to get labeled as an injury prone player...more so than he already is.

Thompkins I'm excited about. Hopefully he continues to get better and shows it on the field as you said.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the insight.

I'm PUMPED for Revis and our D in general. As much as I like Gronk I almost feel like they should really limit his playing until the playoffs. I mean that is where we need him in beast mode. We'll get to the playoffs without him just fine. I know it will not happen and that is not how the game is played...but if he gets injured one more time he's going to get labeled as an injury prone player...more so than he already is.

Thompkins I'm excited about. Hopefully he continues to get better and shows it on the field as you said.
    The D should be damn good this year, if not i'd start to wonder if there's is a schematic or coaching issue. 8 of the projected starters are former 1st round picks, obviously that's not the end all be all but it says a lot. If we're talking pure talent, this gives the 03 team a serious run for its' money (and that defense was stout as hell). I wonder about passrush and depth at linebacker, but the front line talent on day 1 is as good as any team in the league IMO. Jamie Collins could be an all-pro type player, watch out for him to become a national name this year.

RE: Gronk, i've always found it interesting how people alter their opinions with access to results. He missed 0 practices and 0 games his first 2 seasons in the league. Since then he's essentially had a run of awful luck, but "injury prone" to me is just incorrect. It's splitting hair I guess because the bottom line is he was not on the field, but the implication that he is somehow fragile or prone to injury is not based in fact and ignores half of his career to this point.

With all that said, no Gronk, no superbowl. He completely alters what they can do on offense. Such a dominant player in every facet of offensive football. So they need him when it counts, which is not in September.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

BoostAddict Fantasy Football no mercy mega high roller no tears domination league 2014-2015

It's that time of year again folks, Fantasy Football!

So, rules carry over from last year which means a 12 team league with a live draft.

Last year buy in was $30 I believe. We will up it this year to make the league more serious.

This was last year's roster:

@benzy89
    @mantoine56
    @tphaeng
    @E90SoFlo
    @Hansel22
    @bigdnno98
    @chrisisnapping
    @Njz
    @MAC335
    @mjmarovi
    @nelsonmg

Anyone from the above list gets priority for this year.

Let's go with a $50 buy in to start for now. I'd prefer to do more but we'll see what people say.

$50:

1st place: $450
    2nd place:$100
    3rd place: $50

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am in
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    List:

1. @Sticky
    2. @Njz

Page 14 of 112 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast