Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BimmerBoost flash and emissions issue.

So I've been running the BMS pump flash for the better part of 4 months, no problems with it. Well it's that time of year again and I need to get my inspection, so I attempted to flash my car back to stock. It failed and sent the ECU into recovery mode. I tried flashing my stock BIN with the force write and the standard one a few times. None seemed to work. I then loaded the "stock stage 0 Vishnu patched" map and that got my car running again. My concern is.. will this flash allow me to pass emissions? Since this is basicly stock, do I put my JB4 setting on the stock JB4 settings or JB4+flash settings? Because I flashed this other "stock bin" does this mean my VIN number is different? Any help would be amazing guys. I have like a week to get my inspection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
    So I've been running the BMS pump flash for the better part of 4 months, no problems with it. Well it's that time of year again and I need to get my inspection, so I attempted to flash my car back to stock. It failed and sent the ECU into recovery mode. I tried flashing my stock BIN with the force write and the standard one a few times. None seemed to work. I then loaded the "stock stage 0 Vishnu patched" map and that got my car running again. My concern is.. will this flash allow me to pass emissions? Since this is basicly stock, do I put my JB4 setting on the stock JB4 settings or JB4+flash settings? Because I flashed this other "stock bin" does this mean my VIN number is different? Any help would be amazing guys. I have like a week to get my inspection.
    It sounds like your stock .bin file may be corrupted. The Stage 0 will be stock. If you have stock DPs/exhaust then you should be able to pass emissions if all is running well. You could have probably passed on the BMS pump flash. Your vin number will be different as that is embedded in the Stage 0 file but can be changed. It shouldn't pose a problem for your emissions test. I am just glad they did away with inspections and emissions in SC many years ago.
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by musc Click here to enlarge
    It sounds like your stock .bin file may be corrupted. The Stage 0 will be stock. If you have stock DPs/exhaust then you should be able to pass emissions if all is running well. You could have probably passed on the BMS pump flash. Your vin number will be different as that is embedded in the Stage 0 file but can be changed. It shouldn't pose a problem for your emissions test. I am just glad they did away with inspections and emissions in SC many years ago.
    Good to know. With the BMS flash I thought some things where turned off so you didn't pop certain codes, which is fine for daily driving, but won't allow you to pass emissions. I could be wrong though, but my car failed with the BMS flash, that's why I tried to go back to stock. As long as this flash works, then all should be well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you do a proper drive cycle and do you have a dpfix?