Close

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

looks nice, im glad you are doing a 4 inch downpipe on it now Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge <-- Click on pic for the build thread Full 1m bodywork on. Pure Stage 2 Turbo, helix 2step intercooler, i-carbon thermal coated downpipe, JB4 Iso tune, Seibon Gtr hood , i carbon trunk,WW meth,p, Sparta 2 piece rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Why was the 3 inch chosen to begin with?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Actually 3.5 was chosen, but we are hoping 4inch dp fits.
    Burger Motorports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Click here to enlarge
    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Spacing is very very tight down there. New revisions to the jig made it possible. We should be done with the car shortly.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

How long will it take to get? That is my only concern. I have my car torn down right now so it would be a perfect time. Just don't want my car down that long. If not to long you can put me down.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    Any shop that is able to replace the stock twin turbos will be able to do the conversion to the single. In fact, it's an easier install.

Neil
    stock turbos are nothing, I guess all you have to do fabrication wise is extend coolant reservoir hose since it is relocated to the right side.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    How long will it take to get? That is my only concern. I have my car torn down right now so it would be a perfect time. Just don't want my car down that long. If not to long you can put me down.
    Machine shop is going to get us all our flanges next week. We should start shipping out by October/November latest. I will go in order of shipping the kits by deposits made. First come, first serve so I can get them out as soon as possible.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, I don't know how I missed this. Install time will always depend on the mechanic and their experience of the 335i. Usually takes maybe about 4-6 hours at most to pull out the turbos, I can say once that is all out another 2 hours for our kit installed and another 2 hours to bolt the subframe etc all back up. I would say one Full day, or two days at the most.

Yes, there will be instructions for installation.
    subframe install is 45 mins, I can do full turbo swap in 6-8 hours so this looks to be a very easy install. My only question is do you have to lengthen the bottom hose of coolant tank since it is relocated? I have stainless anyway so it shouldn't be hard. I will possibly have to relocate oil cooler lines since mine are a bit different. I plan on writing a DIY.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Machine shop is going to get us all our flanges next week. We should start shipping out by October/November latest. I will go in order of shipping the kits by deposits made. First come, first serve so I can get them out as soon as possible.
    ib will contact you with deposit tomorrow. I am poetry sure this is the kit I have been waiting for, plus Terry (who does my tuning) is getting one do that is a huge plus.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

subframe install is 45 mins, I can do full turbo swap in 6-8 hours so this looks to be a very easy install. My only question is do you have to lengthen the bottom hose of coolant tank since it is relocated? I have stainless anyway so it shouldn't be hard. I will possibly have to relocate oil cooler lines since mine are a bit different. I plan on writing a DIY.
    ib will contact you with deposit tomorrow. I am poetry sure this is the kit I have been waiting for, plus Terry (who does my tuning) is getting one do that is a huge plus.

Upload a pic so I can take a look in your bay. The hose and barbs are included in the kit for the tank relocation. Bracket, Wires, and hose. Can't wait to get Andos car back on the road so Terry can do some testing!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Upload a pic so I can take a look in your bay. The hose and barbs are included in the kit for the tank relocation. Bracket, Wires, and hose. Can't wait to get Andos car back on the road so Terry can do some testing!
    From top or bottom? I have pics of it now with subframe out or just regular. Add me to the list and I will get you deposit in morning. Can I deposit more than 50%?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I can't upload pics until I get home, mobile isn't working?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

when i saw you post your interest on this kit...this is what i was hoping to see next. i love your DIY's! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
    when i saw you post your interest on this kit...this is what i was hoping to see next. i love your DIY's! lol
    I appreciate that and I will do one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

From top or bottom? I have pics of it now with subframe out or just regular. Add me to the list and I will get you deposit in morning. Can I deposit more than 50%?
    Top of the bay so I can see where and how you routed your oil lines. As you said though, they are SS so I doubt they'd get in the way.

Yes, that's not a problem you can deposit 50% or more. I will send an invoice of the remaining balance etc.

As @import36 says, I do like your DIY. I've seen a few of them on N54tech, very helpful. Hopefully I will have time and everything ready to do time lapse install on Andos car so we can show everyone. It will be an easy smooth install. Plus your DIY will be great with your own tips and actual review on the kit.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I have heard precision turbo spools faster than the comp turbo, any truth to this? I have also heard people prefer the comp turbo ect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have heard precision turbo spools faster than the comp turbo, any truth to this? I have also heard people prefer the comp turbo ect.
    After I finish testing with the Comp 6465, I will strap on a PTE 6466 to see the difference.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

^^i can't wait to see those results. Too bad you can't slap a Garrett on also and compare the three.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    ^^i can't wait to see those results. Too bad you can't slap a Garrett on also and compare the three.
    You have one or know anyone who has one? We can't put it on mine and test it. Lol Joy of a top mount
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Would you be able to sell the kit with precision if it shows better spool? I want a 6266 but will go with 6262. I believe the 6266 will spool as fast as the 6262 but 6266 will have a bit more top-end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Top of the bay so I can see where and how you routed your oil lines. As you said though, they are SS so I doubt they'd get in the way.

Yes, that's not a problem you can deposit 50% or more. I will send an invoice of the remaining balance etc.

As @import36 says, I do like your DIY. I've seen a few of them on N54tech, very helpful. Hopefully I will have time and everything ready to do time lapse install on Andos car so we can show everyone. It will be an easy smooth install. Plus your DIY will be great with your own tips and actual review on the kit.
    I appreciate that

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Talked to precision turbo today and there new Gen 2 6466 will spool as fast as there old 6262 or 6266 such is impressive!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

precision all the way. Comp has a very old design.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zee Click here to enlarge
    precision all the way. Comp has a very old design.
    especially with the precision gen 2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

especially with the precision gen 2
    Exactly all the evo and supra owners use the 6466 or 6266. Amazing turbos! Comp turbos are good especially for the price $1400. But precision are way ahead.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast