Close

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice pricing! Look forward to seeing more of these kits. A 600-700whp n54 has to be so much fun lol
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    I agree, but it is still good info to have for those considering it
    I believe it's different for each applicant depending on the approval amount. Once approved or denied you can call with the refrence number you have and discuss it. I know that you can chose your own payment plan, either weekly, monthy etc.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by infliktyd135i Click here to enlarge
    Really starting to consider this kit for my 135 now. Will my 5" ETS IC be sufficient for the 6465 or is 7" pretty much mandatory? I plan e40ish mix no meth. Also I have BMS charge pipe with stock DV will I need to get a bov charge pipe or can I just upgrade the dv's?
    It's not mandatory at all to be honest. As long as you have some sort of intercooler it does definitely help. However, on e40 blend you will be limited to about 19 psi before your hpfp will being to start diving. Which is good for 500+whp of course. With meth though, it helps with cooling and fueling so you can up more than 19 psi with e40 blend.

I would honestly say the DV's should be okay if running 500-600whp max. I would say anything more than that, it might have trouble releasing all air in the pipes.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Nice pricing! Look forward to seeing more of these kits. A 600-700whp n54 has to be so much fun lol
    It is intoxicating Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really starting to consider this kit for my 135 now. Will my 5" ETS IC be sufficient for the 6465 or is 7" pretty much mandatory? I plan e40ish mix no meth. Also I have BMS charge pipe with stock DV will I need to get a bov charge pipe or can I just upgrade the dv's?
    I'd be willing to bet that a big single outputs FAR less heat then the stock turbos at any power level.
    08' 135i - Cobb Custom E70, FBO, LSD, Suspension stuff... FOR SALE
    LSXOCET - 550hp LS3 @ 1600 lbs curb weight... being built
    (OLD) 11 Camaro SS - 10.20@135 naturally aspirated @630rwhp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It's not mandatory at all to be honest. As long as you have some sort of intercooler it does definitely help. However, on e40 blend you will be limited to about 19 psi before your hpfp will being to start diving. Which is good for 500+whp of course. With meth though, it helps with cooling and fueling so you can up more than 19 psi with e40 blend.

I would honestly say the DV's should be okay if running 500-600whp max. I would say anything more than that, it might have trouble releasing all air in the pipes.
    Alright, can I get away with using the stock clutch and flywheel (6mt) @19 psi without getting the misfire codes? Its in good shape and hasn't slipped on me yet. I'm basically just trying to get the kit up and running before I upgrade stuff and turn it up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Alright, can I get away with using the stock clutch and flywheel (6mt) @19 psi without getting the misfire codes? Its in good shape and hasn't slipped on me yet. I'm basically just trying to get the kit up and running before I upgrade stuff and turn it up.
    You will start misfiring at 19 psi at 6200 rpm with the power you will be making. At least on my car that was the case until I got the Single mass flywheel. After that, I have no issues at all and so far so good at 600wtq.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you able to use pump (93Oct) for daily drivability?
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    Are you able to use pump (93Oct) for daily drivability?
    Yep, you should be good for 15psi or so. I run 91 octane daily on 12 psi.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got another deposit in! @Sticky I can't edit OP to add another name on the list.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let me see what's up with the editing.

Man so much crap isn't working right it's driving me insane.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got another deposit in! @Sticky I can't edit OP to add another name on the list.
    Try now please.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you needed to replace your o2 sensors yet? Do you access them from the top by pulling the turbo off? If so how long would that take?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you should be able to run much more than 15psi on 93oct....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Let me see what's up with the editing.

Man so much crap isn't working right it's driving me insane.
    It's been slow on other computers at times, I have no idea.

Have you needed to replace your o2 sensors yet? Do you access them from the top by pulling the turbo off? If so how long would that take?
    So far I have no touched the kit at all since it has been installed. I have driven about 8k miles since April, this is my DD. I have gone on 3-4 vacations with the car as well. 2-300 mile trips each way.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    you should be able to run much more than 15psi on 93oct....
    I'm sure you can with fine tuning. I don't think of it as terms as psi though. With 15 psi I believe you're above 400whp and I would like to keep my octane high when power is above that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have the fftec vff900 kit and am on the stock fuel system, clutch and flywheel still. I'm in process of the same thing you're wanting to do. I have a spec clutch and flywheel sitting in the house and am waiting for ptf's fuel system and then I'll be cranking her up. Not a bad way to do things imo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yep, you should be good for 15psi or so. I run 91 octane daily on 12 psi.
    12 psi on 91? We ran stage 3 at over 20 psi on 91 without issue, the car made stupid power for 91 I would have to look back but it was like 573WHP no meth and we ran out of fuel, HPFP was tanking, if we would have had more fuel we could have made 600 no meth on 91 alone. You just have to run run very very conservative timing. If you are lucky enough to live in a place with 93 you should be able to get 600WHP with no meth with the right tune as long as your system is super efficient. Efficiency is going to be the key to making that kind of power on a low timing high boost tune. Keep in mind this is with Dzenno tuning, who in my opinion is the safest N54 tuner out here, every thing he did he erred well on the side of safety if any log looked unhappy with corrections etc, he would immediately back it down, on 91 at those levels, the logs were perfectly clean, no timing pulls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    12 psi on 91? We ran stage 3 at over 20 psi on 91 without issue, the car made stupid power for 91 I would have to look back but it was like 573WHP no meth and we ran out of fuel, HPFP was tanking, if we would have had more fuel we could have made 600 no meth on 91 alone. You just have to run run very very conservative timing. If you are lucky enough to live in a place with 93 you should be able to get 600WHP with no meth with the right tune as long as your system is super efficient. Efficiency is going to be the key to making that kind of power on a low timing high boost tune. Keep in mind this is with Dzenno tuning, who in my opinion is the safest N54 tuner out here, every thing he did he erred well on the side of safety if any log looked unhappy with corrections etc, he would immediately back it down, on 91 at those levels, the logs were perfectly clean, no timing pulls.
    I'm no tuner Tony, I just help with what I am familiar with to my knowledge. However, this does not mean you're not correct. I'm sure with a custom flash tune tailored to your car and needs you can do w/e you want. I just don't feel comfortable on any platform to be pushing more than 500whp on just 91 octane. It's really, really horrible gas and it's only benefit is getting me home lol.

If you want 600whp, I'd do it a little safer and make sure I have higher octane in there. No matter who tuned it, nothing is ever guaranteed. I'm sure Dzenno can tune my kit, just as well as he did for yours. To each their own with their tuning needs. We just supply the hardware.

PS, Are you in town down here? Idk why I think I saw you last night...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We can agree to disagree here, all octane is doing it raising your power threshold. If you have 91 in the car or 109 in the car if you are doing something the car doesn't like with how advanced this DME is, it will let you know immediately with timing pulls, throttle corrections etc. There is an old saying and its 100% true, boost doesn't break motors, timing does. Here is the log from the 571WHP 91 only pull, you will see what I mean by VERY conservative timing, boost is right about 22 psi, HPFP is tanking. We ran it a little below this level to bring HPFP back up for like 2 weeks with hundreds of pulls done on the street, everything was happy. I do agree with you that 91 octane is basically piss, but if someone wants to run 91 only as quite a few people do, you can do is safely and make very good power if you run the right tune. Limiting your boost to 12 psi on 91 is smart if you are going to run the timing you are running for higher octanes, every part of a 91 tune has to be dialed in for 91, if this is done running 12 psi is just leaving a ton of power on the table. I am positive when we finished stage 3, our second smallest option and Shotgun kit will make right around 600WHP on 91. Just as I am sure the same can be done on your kit.

Stage 3 log 571WHP 91 only: http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbot...22&zoom=96-219

Ps. I wasn't in LA last night. I will be down there next weekend

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We can agree to disagree here, all octane is doing it raising your power threshold. If you have 91 in the car or 109 in the car if you are doing something the car doesn't like with how advanced this DME is, it will let you know immediately with timing pulls, throttle corrections etc. There is an old saying and its 100% true, boost doesn't break motors, timing does. Here is the log from the 571WHP 91 only pull, you will see what I mean by VERY conservative timing, boost is right about 22 psi, HPFP is tanking. We ran it a little below this level to bring HPFP back up for like 2 weeks with hundreds of pulls done on the street, everything was happy. I do agree with you that 91 octane is basically piss, but if someone wants to run 91 only as quite a few people do, you can do is safely and make very good power if you run the right tune. Limiting your boost to 12 psi on 91 is smart if you are going to run the timing you are running for higher octanes, every part of a 91 tune has to be dialed in for 91, if this is done running 12 psi is just leaving a ton of power on the table. I am positive when we finished stage 3, our second smallest option and Shotgun kit will make right around 600WHP on 91. Just as I am sure the same can be done on your kit.

Stage 3 log 571WHP 91 only: http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbot...22&zoom=96-219

Ps. I wasn't in LA last night. I will be down there next weekend
    Well I'm agreeing with you lol. I'm just saying in my own point of view, I don't feel comfortable with that much power on just 91 octane. I'm sure it can be done without any problems. I wouldn't mind 91 octane and 600whp without having to dump meth or E.
    We'll definitely see what happens as more kits come out to play. There are literally only a handful of us that are taking it to this level.

You got it Tony. Hit me up when you're here and got some free time. I'd like you to drive my car and see if you like it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I'm agreeing with you lol. I'm just saying in my own point of view, I don't feel comfortable with that much power on just 91 octane. I'm sure it can be done without any problems. I wouldn't mind 91 octane and 600whp without having to dump meth or E.
    We'll definitely see what happens as more kits come out to play. There are literally only a handful of us that are taking it to this level.

You got it Tony. Hit me up when you're here and got some free time. I'd like you to drive my car and see if you like it.
    Would love to drive it. I may be bringing the shop car down if I can get it back on the road and the clutch broken in. I can let you take it for a spin too. Its pretty crazy with all that torque

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would love to drive it. I may be bringing the shop car down if I can get it back on the road and the clutch broken in. I can let you take it for a spin too. Its pretty crazy with all that torque
    Awesome, that sounds like a plan! Bring the car down here, driving it will definitely break in the clutch. I'd love to see it in action with the instant power.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Some pics to update this thread with Andos Build. We have done a few revisions to the manifold so we can accommodate 1 series fitment. As well as going for a 4" downpipe instead of the current 3" on mine. This should all translate to faster spool and a little more top end flow.

Click here to enlarge

Here are some close ups of the welds.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Burger Motorports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Click here to enlarge
    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahhh!!! The tease!
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So nice
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    mm those scales.
    boop

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast