Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

COBB N55 Turbo upgrade stg1 ATR questions

Hi friends

hope anybody out there, who can help me to fix my selfmade COBB map?!

I do actaully face, huge problems with the wgdc after spool, in the low rpm (3000-4200). It jumps from 30% to 50% back and forth. I made over 100 logs, to try to fix this problem, but unfortunately the result is not that good and im runing out of idea. Is there any easy way to calm down this WGDC oscillations? What i did up to now, is try to fix it by the WGDC (base) and playing around with the WGDC ceiling.

My actual mod is N55 COBB with stg1 turbo upgrade.

Is it possible that you can give me a hint, how i could solve this problem? It would be very great.... Im really lost. The car is going very well once im on rpm, also on the track i have no issues. Im reaching actually up to 19psi at 5300 rpm (post shift DCT).

These are my actual logs
    http://www.datazap.me/u/anatomius/st...=0&data=3-4-16

many thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The solution is, talk to the guys at PTF, and get a protune. The tuning on the N55 is difficult, they should be able to help you right away, and solve your frustrations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of course, i could go that way... but im looking more for some inputs, how it could be solved by doing it by myself. And perhaps other forum user would get e benefit of it as well... Click here to enlarge

Im not really fustrated, because the problem occures just if i pull the car from low rpm to redline Click here to enlarge It takes me just 5.5s from 62-111 mph, for a stage1 turbo, the car goes like hell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Anatomius Click here to enlarge
    Of course, i could go that way... but im looking more for some inputs, how it could be solved by doing it by myself. And perhaps other forum user would get e benefit of it as well... Click here to enlarge

Im not really fustrated, because the problem occures just if i pull the car from low rpm to redline Click here to enlarge It takes me just 5.5s from 62-111 mph, for a stage1 turbo, the car goes like hell.
    If you have taken over 100 logs made changes, and still are having the same issue, it seems it might be time to consult someone who knows flash tuning on the N55 a little better, no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And youre sure if i consult somebody else, that i would be happy with the result? And that i will get a perfect N55 map for my purpose? Im not sure whether is really better in such case, as it is absolutely not easy to get along with the N55 DME.... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I honestly don't have any advice other than getting a Pro Tune.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep, I am with Tony and Sticky on this one, call up PTF and get a protune! He has found all of the different maps and load tables and guys are very happy with it. I have programmed full standalones from scratch, but I am going to PTF when I move on from the JB4. It isn't worth the time, effort and frustration for the little bit of money they charge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The tuner's get paid because they know what they are doing and have put in the work making similar mistakes(possibly). They don't make their money by telling everyone else how to do their job. Just sayin. If you are like me, you like doing it just to learn how to do it etc. But until someone decides to donate their information and time, that won't really be a common place thing. If you just want it solved, then you could have mowed lawns with that time and paid for a tune.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I’m actually like you and just like to play on my DME by myself. For sure it’s not about to safe some dollars.... Just looking for some guys, with some basic knowledge on the ATR N55, to share some experience. However, it looks like i have solved the problem on the spool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Anatomius Click here to enlarge
    Iím actually like you and just like to play on my DME by myself. For sure itís not about to safe some dollars.... Just looking for some guys, with some basic knowledge on the ATR N55, to share some experience. However, it looks like i have solved the problem on the spool.
    Please share. What did you have to do? I'm also an ATR self-tuner.
    - Bryan

"Keep it simple, stupid."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No