Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

New 335is stock turbo 1/4 mile record?

Not my car but I was browsing through dragtimes and saw this

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-26652.html

Looks like a stock turbo, stock FMIC, 335is DCT with JB4 and most likely E85 backend running a high concentration of E85. 11.581 to myates 11.582. One thousandth of a second quicker Click here to enlarge
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He beat @myates ET by 0.001 of a sec i think, however myates speed traps are still better. I still think myates time slip is better and to boot he has a worse 60'

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...lol-with-video

Looks like someone figured out how to launch the IS or paid VERY close attention to my posts

yes yes yes, a video is coming this week. Im on vacation atm, so no distractions Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    He beat @myates ET by 0.001 of a sec i think, however myates speed traps are still better. I still think myates time slip is better and to boot he has a worse 60'

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...lol-with-video

Looks like someone figured out how to launch the IS or paid VERY close attention to my posts

yes yes yes, a video is coming this week. Im on vacation atm, so no distractions Click here to enlarge
    Come back from vacation and become harami. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes @myates car looks stronger for sure and has trapped up to 120 I believe still with stock FMIC. With the other gentleman getting a 1.6x 60ft I'd like to know how he is launching as well.

lol your video is highly anticipated, at least by me. Click here to enlarge I have been doing the multiple presses of the kickdown like @myates and I have say its been a horrible result for me to the point where I wish I had just got an AT. Practicing on the street seems fruitless as well with spinning and you can only get so much time at the track. I even have 275/3519 NT05s (non-Rs) and still spin albeit the track I have gone to is poorly prepped. I also seem to spin and right when I go to shift quickly into 2nd i get this big DSC hit where the throttle closes and boost drops. The car basically falls flat on its face. Even if i try to feather the throttle. It kills my times. I have actually trapped better with DSC fully off and just leaving off idle. The 60' still sucks but I dont get that DSC intervention and my traps are better. Here are some time slips (local track is 1/8 mile unfortunately) where the 7.9 is using your LC method and 8.0 is off idle launch. Both are with stock FMIC and DPs which I have since upgraded.You can also see by the reaction time that I am sitting there screwing around with LC trying to get it right. I've been drag racing over 20 years and nothing has frustrated me like launching this car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by musc Click here to enlarge

lol your video is highly anticipated, at least by me. Click here to enlarge I have been doing the multiple presses of the kickdown like @myates and I have say its been a horrible result for me to the point where I wish I had just got an AT. Practicing on the street seems fruitless as well with spinning and you can only get so much time
    Hehe, you guys are going to hit the roof when you find out how simple and easy it is what I do. You doing almost exactly as I do it but you put too much emphasis into it....lol

The way myates does it can throw off your momentum. You only need to "rev once". I use this same method on MT cars when launching to be easy on the clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow! 1.6 60 ft? That's how he achieved E/T without trap. I need some drag radials, lol. BTW, just got my IS out of shop with new driveshaft. I don't think i'll have a problem besting 11.5 with recent tune improvements and upgraded FMIC. Click here to enlarge AND after breaking my driveshaft with street tires I'm not interested in DR's...
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hear CF driveshaft calling us

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a great 60 foot and excellent elapsed time especially in that density altitude.

Nice job hooking on the Mickey Thompson drag radials.

You guys concerned about auto woes should be looking to the DCT. When the DCT cars start getting big turbos...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    AND after breaking my driveshaft with street tires I'm not interested in DR's...
    Why can't you just upgrade the driveshaft?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I hear CF driveshaft calling us
    Any idea when these will be available? Seems like there has been talk about CF driveshafts for over a year now.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Íhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    When the DCT cars start getting big turbos...
    You will need the DCT rebuilt like the autos?
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    ?

Yeah of course you will need to build it up but the point it is you will be able to. The DCT will be the superior performance option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster400 Click here to enlarge
    Any idea when these will be available? Seems like there has been talk about CF driveshafts for over a year now.
    I was under the assumption they were already available for the MT N54 which should not be an issue for the DCT N54 as both do not have torque converters like the AT does. Supposedly DSS was the vendor or I misunderstood something ?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Based on what source do you have to support this claim ? All the rumors out there about DCT slippage can be constructively made illegitimate